or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2538

post #38056 of 52473

UNSW?

 

(wait no theirs is tonight...)

post #38057 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebbin View Post

A cross post from the black tie thread showing my rig for a law ball this coming Friday night. 

 


very nice mate
post #38058 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post
 

 

Just some Grenadines.  

 

http://www.kentwang.com/grenadine-green.html

http://www.kentwang.com/grenadine-navy.html

 

Was mainly after the green to go with the grey suit, white shirt - have seen that look posted around a cpl of times and quite like it.  Although I may have thought twice after the above comments regarding larger weaves, oh well will have to chalk it up to experience if they don't last too long.

 

Nice! Personally I like the textures, but I don't have to adhere to a strict dress code.

post #38059 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebbin View Post

A cross post from the black tie thread showing my rig for a law ball this coming Friday night. 

 


You should clean up tonight in that get up man.

What suit is that mate, mjbale?
post #38060 of 52473
For those that own a pair of the Nike Flyknit Lunars, and tips on how to size them? It's been a while since I've had a pair of Nikes, but I'm a size 9 in Purcells and a 10 in Vans. Any ideas?
post #38061 of 52473

Aren't moulded running shoes incredibly dependent on your personal fit requirements?

 

Not that i'm a fountain of information on the subject, the only dedicated running shoes i own are trail gloves, and the vast majority of the running i've done in the last decade has been in volleys.

post #38062 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebbin View Post

A cross post from the black tie thread showing my rig for a law ball this coming Friday night. 

 



looks good. I'd bring down the right sleeve by 1.5cm to balance it out with the left.
post #38063 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post


You should clean up tonight in that get up man.

What suit is that mate, mjbale?

 

Haha, not the UNSW Law Ball. The USYD one is on next Friday. 

It's a half-canvassed MTM from a Thai tailor called Max Custom Tailors. I never ordered from them before, they had no reviews and they appeared relatively unknown. I gave them a try because they had a nice midnight blue mohair fabric on their site and it only costed $325 or so shipped which was cheaper than many of the alternatives (despite the known risks of online MTM). I had a set of measurements handy and asked them to lower the button stance and widen the lapels. I was surprised they actually managed to get it done within a week's time and it doesn't look too bad for the price. I  realise they gave me a midnight satin facings rather than the black grosgrain that I asked for  and the shoulders stick out a little on the side. But ah well, can't complain too much given the price and the fast turnaround. 

post #38064 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

Will also be wearing shorts, so my pick up game is likely weak.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Not so sure about shorts - can you pick up some cheap cotton chino pants to wear instead?

Basically (whilst it's a bit of a generalisation), typically only children wear shorts in Indonesia and Malaysia. When you grow up you wear trousers (or a sarong, depending on where you are).

Of course there are many women girls who like boys instead of men.
post #38065 of 52473
Some women cougars like toy boys...
post #38066 of 52473
So PoP, old buddy, whats been happening around here the last week?

I notice some of my summer shirts seem to have shrunk , particularly around the belly, while sitting in the cupboard all winter. You had that problem?
post #38067 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebbin View Post
 

 

Haha, not the UNSW Law Ball. The USYD one is on next Friday. 

It's a half-canvassed MTM from a Thai tailor called Max Custom Tailors. I never ordered from them before, they had no reviews and they appeared relatively unknown. I gave them a try because they had a nice midnight blue mohair fabric on their site and it only costed $325 or so shipped which was cheaper than many of the alternatives (despite the known risks of online MTM). I had a set of measurements handy and asked them to lower the button stance and widen the lapels. I was surprised they actually managed to get it done within a week's time and it doesn't look too bad for the price. I  realise they gave me a midnight satin facings rather than the black grosgrain that I asked for  and the shoulders stick out a little on the side. But ah well, can't complain too much given the price and the fast turnaround. 

 

i just had a look at the shoulders of the suit again. looks like there are divots which can be costly to fix. don't be afraid to try suitsupply. they're my unofficial go to OTR suiting company. excellent service with free returns.

post #38068 of 52473
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

So PoP, old buddy, whats been happening around here the last week?

I notice some of my summer shirts seem to have shrunk , particularly around the belly, while sitting in the cupboard all winter. You had that problem?
I've had the opposite problem I'm afraid... had to have a belt shortened a couple of weeks ago...

As for what's been happening, some talk about grenadines and knit ties, Oli is still looking for chinos and still no sign of blahman. You haven't really missed much.
post #38069 of 52473
Op-shop suit fairy strikes again! My local op-shop delivered a light grey chalkstripe flannel suit. The jacket is unlined with canvas construction and very soft shoulders. Trousers are flat front and will only require small alterations. $40...giddy up.

It's a Boss suit but its one of the best I've ever tried on.
post #38070 of 52473
PG - I've just tossed out the other week - an old Boss suit - from years ago .
No vent and cuffed. Its that old - when cuffs weren't cutting edge #menswear.
I've only held onto it for old times sake.
It is still nice enough to look at - herringbone/ self striped light navy / french blue - but low button stance and over padded shoulders and double pleated wide trousers.

I used to enjoy wearing it though. Back then.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members