or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2530

post #37936 of 57102
Quote:
Originally Posted by herringbonePete View Post

Do men dress for women, or other men?

I dress for myself.
post #37937 of 57102
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

I dress for myself.

+1
post #37938 of 57102
Quote:
Originally Posted by herringbonePete View Post
So amongst other things,  I knew to use shoe trees, that fit was important and that certain things just don't work.

 

I only learnt this in recent years, I love em.  I look back and wonder how I did without.

post #37939 of 57102
Quote:
Originally Posted by herringbonePete View Post
 

So amongst other things,  I knew to use shoe trees, that fit was important and that certain things just don't work.

 

+1. I've been amazed by the difference trees made in maintaining the shape of the shoes. 

post #37940 of 57102
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

I dress for myself.
+1 That is the point I was getting at and if people notice then that's great and if they don't then you'll still feel good anyway.
post #37941 of 57102
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post


I dress for myself.

 

I used to dress because it was a sort of uniform - but people do notice, I am sure.  I've obstinately stuck to my own ideas, like no black shoes with jeans,  no 'monochromatic' (I believe is the term)  looks, no paisley, avoid all ventless jackets and fashion, and it's only now I feel I have to perhaps take notice of what this forum has to offer or suggest. At the Dress for Success meet I had to suffer the indignity of realising that my suit was classic, and timeless, but still 1997!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post
 

 

I only learnt this in recent years, I love em.  I look back and wonder how I did without.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stebbin View Post
 

 

+1. I've been amazed by the difference trees made in maintaining the shape of the shoes.

 

 

I confess that for a long time, I only had one set of trees for one pair of shoes and I caught myself alternating them between several once I had more than one pair - to give each pair a chance - I might even  have favoured one pair over another!  I find trees also protect shoes against collapse in transit when moving house, say.

 

I even quite enjoy the act of pushing tree into shoe.  (Freud would have had a field day). I have no idea or opinion on whether a shoe needs to rest, after removal, (like a joint of beef out of the oven) - before the trees are inserted. That is a detail I'm not bothered on.

post #37942 of 57102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

LOL, reminds me of terms such as "legal action", "proper channels" and "appropriate measures".

Or "responsible lending".
post #37943 of 57102
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanohare View Post


I just wanted to get laid when I was 19, weird.
 

I gave up on that a long time ago.

 

Kent Wang order just came, well the first part, still waiting on the navy polo, it was back ordered. I just wish they did a Vibrant/Cherry red.


The thing feels like a million dollars, I highly recommend. It feels nice, and MoP buttons are a lovely add-on.

post #37944 of 57102

Hello Gents,

 

I've been meaning to send up some pics of the Herringbone two-piece I received off TBM, so please see below (apologies for self taken photos and skew tie):

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


 

 

post #37945 of 57102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post
 

I gave up on that a long time ago.

 

Kent Wang order just came, well the first part, still waiting on the navy polo, it was back ordered. I just wish they did a Vibrant/Cherry red.

 


The thing feels like a million dollars, I highly recommend. It feels nice, and MoP buttons are a lovely add-on.

 

 

How do you find the fit? I've never tried the short sleeve polos from KW but the long sleeve one that I own was pretty tight around the forearms but fit pretty well everywhere else.

post #37946 of 57102
post #37947 of 57102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post
 

 

 

How do you find the fit? I've never tried the short sleeve polos from KW but the long sleeve one that I own was pretty tight around the forearms but fit pretty well everywhere else.

I find it fit's pretty well for me, in a small. I'm a 36.

post #37948 of 57102


Should I get this coat? 70% wool 20% polyester 10% cashmere. It fits me and $699 down to $99!!!!

post #37949 of 57102
No.
post #37950 of 57102
Halifax I hope you ordinarily don't tie your tie like that. Much too short.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members