or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2465

post #36961 of 53664
Gentlemen,
I have a funeral next Thursday, would any of you be able to help me locate a black grenadine tie before then?

Thanks
post #36962 of 53664
This time last year I was lamenting the passing of winter.

Feel the same this year.

But as Mr Socks points out, there's always linen...
post #36963 of 53664
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Looks great, I'm 50-50 at this stage, Gerry.

I might be able to make it after all now, may see you guys there.

Also, apparently business casual to some people now means removing the tie and jacket of your ill-fitting suit and adorning the remains with a hoody. This on a 60+ bloke on the tram. facepalm.gif
post #36964 of 53664
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post

This time last year I was lamenting the passing of winter.

Feel the same this year.

But as Mr Socks points out, there's always linen...

With this weather, like a Scottish summer, I have got my new Michael Bastian Cotton/Linen Trousers on today.....almost good enough weather for a swim in the ocean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennier View Post

I might be able to make it after all now, may see you guys there.

Also, apparently business casual to some people now means removing the tie and jacket of your ill-fitting suit and adorning the remains with a hoody. This on a 60+ bloke on the tram. facepalm.gif

Maybe should have put a hoody too. Will see if I can find one before Kimber Launch tonight..
post #36965 of 53664
I have a pair of the Meermin MTO group buy using the dark brown ilcea/lobb museum calf leather that i ordered a while ago but isnt a great fit for me. i know they did another run of these because they were so popular but word has it that ilcea has gone out of business and you cant source this leather anymore.

9uk on the hiro last. if this is your size and youre interested, hit me up and ill offer you a decent discount. they are unworn.
post #36966 of 53664
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox81 View Post

I have a pair of the Meermin MTO group buy using the dark brown ilcea/lobb museum calf leather that i ordered a while ago but isnt a great fit for me. i know they did another run of these because they were so popular but word has it that ilcea has gone out of business and you cant source this leather anymore.

9uk on the hiro last. if this is your size and youre interested, hit me up and ill offer you a decent discount. they are unworn.

Fox, do you have any idea how the Hiro last fits over the top of the foot (ie over the instep)? Does it seem fairly generous?

If you don't happen to know, that's fine.
post #36967 of 53664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Fox, do you have any idea how the Hiro last fits over the top of the foot (ie over the instep)? Does it seem fairly generous?

If you don't happen to know, that's fine.

tough to say. i went with the hiro because it was wider than the olfe option that was in the MTO as well. I would say that it wasnt strictly the width that was the issue, just generally they are half a size too small. most of my other shoes are a 9, or a 9wide. I have a pair of carmina simpson in a 9.5 though, and theyre tight across the top.

theres lots of discussion in the meermin thread about how the different lasts fit, or you can enquire to meermin directly.
post #36968 of 53664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfudge View Post

If you're thinking of Meermin's for summer, better act fast because they take upward of two months to deliver, plus you need to wear them around the house for a month; they are a bitch to break in.

Great for summer - wearing them today, but ABSOLUTE bitch to wear in. They fit great when they are on but getting into them is a different story.




and yes i did fudge up my length size on pants, just need a bit shorter.
post #36969 of 53664
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-banger View Post

Great for summer - wearing them today, but ABSOLUTE bitch to wear in. They fit great when they are on but getting into them is a different story.

and yes i did fudge up my length size on pants, just need a bit shorter.

maybe i just need to break mine in then.

and wtf, the pants are too long?
post #36970 of 53664
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox81 View Post

maybe i just need to break mine in then.

and wtf, the pants are too long?

#Sarcasticfontrequired
post #36971 of 53664

I received my package from TBM this morning - pleasure doing business.

 

I will get my dear Spitfire to take some preliminary photos tonight; the break will obviously be wrong and I suspect the sleeve will need to be taken up 1/2".
 

post #36972 of 53664
Somebody mentoned the Libertine Warehouse sale in Brisbane earlier. I spoke to Nick there earlier, and anybody into niche fragrances really ought to get down there. Amonst what they have is:

Amouage Opus III, Lyric, Gold, Ciel and Dia $150 a bottle (normally $350)
Quite a few L'Artisan for $50 a bottle
Some Lubins for $100
Brosseau testers for $15 a bottle.
Frapin (can't remember the price on that)

I was able to place a phone order with Nick, but they are incredibly busy, so it's hard to get through. He's charging $15 for couriered shipping.
post #36973 of 53664
Quote:
Originally Posted by fox81 View Post

maybe i just need to break mine in then.

and wtf, the pants are too long?


Yeh i know, i failed on the pants length, its on my the list to be tailored.
post #36974 of 53664
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

Somebody mentoned the Libertine Warehouse sale in Brisbane earlier. I spoke to Nick there earlier, and anybody into niche fragrances really ought to get down there. Amonst what they have is:

Amouage Opus III, Lyric, Gold, Ciel and Dia $150 a bottle (normally $350)
Quite a few L'Artisan for $50 a bottle
Some Lubins for $100
Brosseau testers for $15 a bottle.
Frapin (can't remember the price on that)

I was able to place a phone order with Nick, but they are incredibly busy, so it's hard to get through. He's charging $15 for couriered shipping.

I dont know anything about cologne. Any recommendations for something under $50?
post #36975 of 53664
Db
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

A shout out to the Brownman, I bit the bullet and picket up a pair of Cutler & Gross

Amazing product.
DB, what did you get? I'm looking at a pair at the moment but am sussing out the cheapest place to buy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members