or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2457

post #36841 of 51890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post

Oli, did you just ask me on a date?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post


You know it wink.gif

(I call the grey camos)

 

Oli - What would Bob Katter say? 

post #36842 of 51890
Just realised how out of touch i am in relation to music. Heard for the first time Aerosmith Run DMC collab of Walk This Way, nearly 15 years late. Sad i know....
post #36843 of 51890

dafaq

post #36844 of 51890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Just realised how out of touch i am in relation to music. Heard for the first time Aerosmith Run DMC collab of Walk This Way, nearly 15 years late. Sad i know....
That is one my fav video clips.

It was the first time I kinda of got aerosmith. Run DMC was always good.
post #36845 of 51890

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/261270495809?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

 

found a camo filson duffle bag on the bay if anyone is interested

post #36846 of 51890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post


What's wrong with Action movies?

 

My favourite Style Icon/Idol is Steve McQueen. My favourite actor would probably be Christian Bail(ed from Batman), considering favourite movie of all time is Batman Begins followed closely by American Psycho.

 

Would be interested to know what draws you to American Psycho.

 

Not trying to be critical, btw; genuinely interested to know. I have a blog named 'greed and disgust' after all. ; )

post #36847 of 51890
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post

Just a reminder - Kimber new season launch - Friday 30th August at 6pm. Anyone planning to go?


Yep.
post #36848 of 51890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

 

Talk about baby steps. A young fit lad like you should be able to do 2-3km in about 8-10 minutes. So if you're only doing about 20 minutes of exercise a day (including warm up), you should be doing more.

 

If you are running on anything but concrete/bark run barefoot. If you are running on concrete, buy minimalist shoes from Nike. You will want the Nike 3.0, not the 5.0.

 

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/product/free-run-id-running-shoes/?piid=30908&pbid=470615167#?pbid=470615167

 

Run Forest, run.

 

Oh and JM will have ample amount of advice on this matter - all of it is good.

 

Whoa. The last time I ran 2-3 km in 8-10 minutes was back in the army. Haven't been able to go back to that pace.

 

I'm still doing about 4-6km recovery runs, 3 mornings a week, anywhere between 25-35 minutes.

 

3-4 evenings a week it's high intensity interval training, so getting out of bed in the morning is a Herculean task in itself.

 

I prefer the cushioning of the Nike Lunars to the barefoot/minimalist shoes. It has to do with the pronation of my feet while running - which requires a lot of cushioning and support.

post #36849 of 51890
Every shoe maker makes the current trendy minimalist/barefoot imitation running shoes these days. Puma, adidas etc. all have their models which are cheaper than Nikes.

You don't need to pay extra for Nikes if you don't want to. They're a big investment for something you may not like. Nikes are good for narrow feet.

If you really want to get serious about running, go to a running store/podiatrist that will map your feet and recommend something appropriate.
post #36850 of 51890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

 

Talk about baby steps. A young fit lad like you should be able to do 2-3km in about 8-10 minutes. So if you're only doing about 20 minutes of exercise a day (including warm up), you should be doing more.

 

If you are running on anything but concrete/bark run barefoot. If you are running on concrete, buy minimalist shoes from Nike. You will want the Nike 3.0, not the 5.0.

 

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/product/free-run-id-running-shoes/?piid=30908&pbid=470615167#?pbid=470615167

 

Run Forest, run.

 

Oh and JM will have ample amount of advice on this matter - all of it is good.

I also wear Frees, although thinking of switching it up for my next pair. Buy from www.wiggle.com.au - shipping is about a week.

post #36851 of 51890
Guys,

This is the issue I've had with Cottonwork so far:

- Early May - I ordered a shirt from them
- Late June - I receive the shirt with fitting issues and return it paying for alterations

It is now late August. Despite having sent them messages asking where it is, they failed to respond up until two weeks ago where I requested a refund, after which they immediately mailed the shirt.

I don't even want it anymore - I was looking to get it for an interview in June - it is almost September. They're refusing to refund me as the shirt has been posted, should I post it back and ask for a refund again?
post #36852 of 51890
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Every shoe maker makes the current trendy minimalist/barefoot imitation running shoes these days. Puma, adidas etc. all have their models which are cheaper than Nikes.

You don't need to pay extra for Nikes if you don't want to. They're a big investment for something you may not like. Nikes are good for narrow feet.

If you really want to get serious about running, go to a running store/podiatrist that will map your feet and recommend something appropriate.

 

Completely agree.

 

I'm a casual runner, and I sometimes wear the runners as beaters to get coffee or to throw out the garbage.

 

Serious running shoes (Asics, New Balace, Saucony) are an investment, and cost about $300 and upwards.

post #36853 of 51890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Guys,

This is the issue I've had with Cottonwork so far:

- Early May - I ordered a shirt from them
- Late June - I receive the shirt with fitting issues and return it paying for alterations

It is now late August. Despite having sent them messages asking where it is, they failed to respond up until two weeks ago where I requested a refund, after which they immediately mailed the shirt.

I don't even want it anymore - I was looking to get it for an interview in June - it is almost September. They're refusing to refund me as the shirt has been posted, should I post it back and ask for a refund again?

It it was me, I think I would consider cutting my losses and just never using them again. Sometime pursuing these things ends up costing you more in time and stress than you ever stood to gain from a refund or whatever.
post #36854 of 51890
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

Completely agree.

I'm a casual runner, and I sometimes wear the runners as beaters to get coffee or to throw out the garbage.

Serious running shoes (Asics, New Balace, Saucony) are an investment, and cost about $300 and upwards.

good advice - Go to footlocker and find out if you pronate or overpronate and get them to recommend you a shoe, nothing worse than buying online and having the wrong shoe. thats if you are serious about running and dont want any injures that could have easily been prevented.

Anyone doing the Sydney half marathon in Sept?
post #36855 of 51890
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-banger View Post


thats if you are serious about running and dont want any injures that could have easily been prevented.

Anyone doing the Sydney half marathon in Sept?

 

@Nabil - you can easily run that pace. Obviously you don't run that pace everyday. The trick is to get a really good program and never run the same pace/distance two days in a row.

 

@Marbles - Cheers for directing us to Wiggle.

 

@Lach - Minimalist running isn't a trend, we've been doing it for about 40,000 years.

 

@G-banger - I was thinking about doing the half-marathon but I ran City2Surf the other weekend in a pair of old ASICS and I totally busted my foot, so I can't run for a while. That's another note, if you train barefoot on grass all the time, and then suddenly switch it to old shoes and go out hard, you'll destroy yourself. Blisters and blood was everywhere. So yes, get the right shoe :).

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members