or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2456

post #36826 of 55950
star wars fans, check this out.
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2013/08/somebody-needs-to-make-this-han-solo-refrigerator-asap/
post #36827 of 55950
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post


DB, have you seen the program for the newly-opened George Cinema?

George Revival Cinema

 

Hi CD,

 

Just checked the link, to answer your question no l haven't. Looks fantastic, will take a look next time we make a trip down south. I'm due to watch a classic on the silver screen, 

Coppola would be nice : )

post #36828 of 55950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

Hi CD,

Just checked the link, to answer your question no l haven't. Looks fantastic, will take a look next time we make a trip down south. I'm due to watch a classic on the silver screen, 
Coppola would be nice : )
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

DB, have you seen the program for the newly-opened George Cinema?

George Revival Cinema

I just moved in to my new place around here and am planning to go to this cinema soon (maybe this weekend). I remember going to see a film here when I was travelling (back in 2006) before moving to Australia. The film was called "Thank you for smoking", not too bad. I love a great cinema which actually cares about film.....Coppola would be great DB.

In other news, found a slightly different way to put a washing machine in our new place (thankfully). It can still only fit a small machine so our options were limited, but def. better than not having one.
post #36829 of 55950
Went to a preview of The Rocket the other night. Very good film in terms of its story, characters and message highly recommended and very uplifting.
post #36830 of 55950

Come on Kimber brown chukkas. Come on. Make my ordinary dreams come oh so true.

 

Also, I had to run last week and nearly died, so I'm going to try running a bit (just trying to get 2-3km a couple times a week). I currently own no running shoes - what's good, cheap and available?


Edited by LonerMatt - 8/27/13 at 1:02am
post #36831 of 55950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

Went to a preview of The Rocket the other night. Very good film in terms of its story, characters and message highly recommended and very uplifting.

Just looked up The Rocket - looks really good. I will put that on the must watch list.

You can't beat a good non cheesy inspirational film. A few of my fav's Motorcycle Diaries, into the Wild, Pursuit of happyness, Slumdog plus the obligatory Yankee sport flicks with their great lines: think Pacino in Any Given Sunday, coach carter and remember the Titans.

Any recommendations
post #36832 of 55950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

Went to a preview of The Rocket the other night. Very good film in terms of its story, characters and message highly recommended and very uplifting.

That one got Best Film at MIFF recently; a bit of a dark horse result given the competition. Sadly I missed out on tickets, so I need to go see it.
post #36833 of 55950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Socks View Post


In other news, found a slightly different way to put a washing machine in our new place (thankfully). It can still only fit a small machine so our options were limited, but def. better than not having one.
Now this is more relevant than serious flying machine discussions or comment on Foxy's T Shirt, or where to buy expensive new shoes cheap.
Tell me more? What did you end up doing?

I'm buggersing around doing up a flat at the moment.
post #36834 of 55950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

Just looked up The Rocket - looks really good. I will put that on the must watch list.
You can't beat a good non cheesy inspirational film. A few of my fav's Motorcycle Diaries, into the Wild, Pursuit of happyness, Slumdog plus the obligatory Yankee sport flicks with their great lines: think Pacino in Any Given Sunday, coach carter and remember the Titans.
Any recommendations
My motivational fillums for getting pumped are: The Producers and Ghostbusters and Blues Bros. For relaxation I like any of the original and remake Shaggy Dog films. Or anythink with Audrey Hepburn in it. She is usually in good clothes films for obsessives. Clothes also Cary Grant, Get Smart, Are You Being Served, Sinatra films, Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, The Graduate.
post #36835 of 55950
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

My motivational fillums for getting pumped are: The Producers and Ghostbusters and Blues Bros. For relaxation I like any of the original and remake Shaggy Dog films. Or anythink with Audrey Hepburn in it. She is usually in good clothes films for obsessives. Clothes also Cary Grant, Get Smart, Are You Being Served, Sinatra films, Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, The Graduate.

What no Casablanca, Maltese Falcon? Noir was my wardrobe starting and departure point from the 1970's as a young man.

For relaxation any 50's sci fi in particular Forbidden Planet. For relaxation during past past divorce cases Die Hard, Hunt for Red October or anything with a high body count.

LonerMatt

Adidas or Nike is I have always used for exercise both road work and gym they last about 12 months then chuck them and get a new pair.
post #36836 of 55950
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

I'm going to try running a bit (just trying to get 2-3km a couple times a week). I currently own no running shoes - what's good, cheap and available?

 

Talk about baby steps. A young fit lad like you should be able to do 2-3km in about 8-10 minutes. So if you're only doing about 20 minutes of exercise a day (including warm up), you should be doing more.

 

If you are running on anything but concrete/bark run barefoot. If you are running on concrete, buy minimalist shoes from Nike. You will want the Nike 3.0, not the 5.0.

 

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/product/free-run-id-running-shoes/?piid=30908&pbid=470615167#?pbid=470615167

 

Run Forest, run.

 

Oh and JM will have ample amount of advice on this matter - all of it is good.

post #36837 of 55950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

What no Casablanca, Maltese Falcon? Noir was my wardrobe starting and departure point from the 1970's as a young man.
For relaxation any 50's sci fi in particular Forbidden Planet. For relaxation during past past divorce cases Die Hard, Hunt for Red October or anything with a high body count.

I was talking about motivational*.
I like them all. But find it very hard to watch many movies more than once. Except musicals. I've watched almost every musical thats ever been made. I actually studied academically musicals made up until the first colour.

I don't watch "action"movies.

* I was also talking about relaxation but choose to pretend I wasn't.
post #36838 of 55950
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post


I was talking about motivational*.
I like them all. But find it very hard to watch many movies more than once. Except musicals. I've watched almost every musical thats ever been made. I actually studied academically musicals made up until the first colour.

I don't watch "action"movies.

* I was also talking about relaxation but choose to pretend I wasn't.


What's wrong with Action movies?

 

My favourite Style Icon/Idol is Steve McQueen. My favourite actor would probably be Christian Bail(ed from Batman), considering favourite movie of all time is Batman Begins followed closely by American Psycho.

post #36839 of 55950
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

I was talking about motivational*.
I like them all. But find it very hard to watch many movies more than once. Except musicals. I've watched almost every musical thats ever been made. I actually studied academically musicals made up until the first colour.

I don't watch "action"movies.

* I was also talking about relaxation but choose to pretend I wasn't.

Grew up with too many soundtracks to R&H and other big picture musicals courtesy of my parents, do like Miles version of Surrey with the fringe on top.

My only motivational tool is a copy of of MLK ' I have a dream' speech on my ipod. Tired to teach the nuances and deconstruct it with a TAFE class once attitude was so what ? So What I told them that was a Miles Davis tune, still didn't get it.
post #36840 of 55950
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post


My motivational fillums for getting pumped are: The Producers and Ghostbusters and Blues Bros. For relaxation I like any of the original and remake Shaggy Dog films. Or anythink with Audrey Hepburn in it. She is usually in good clothes films for obsessives. Clothes also Cary Grant, Get Smart, Are You Being Served, Sinatra films, Steve McQueen, Paul Newman, The Graduate.

 

I have never seen the 80's block buster Ghost Busters(insert shock horror gasp). Shaggy Dog films are enjoyable - something about them. 

 

I'm am trying to educate the mrs on classic film, it's been a little hit and miss. She did however love To Catch a Thief with Cary and commented on the clothing - A SF magic moment.

 

FXH - you rate Robert Redford style wise? I have read a little bit about him, he appeared to be extremely image conscious, guess they/we all are.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post


What no Casablanca, Maltese Falcon? Noir was my wardrobe starting and departure point from the 1970's as a young man.

For relaxation any 50's sci fi in particular Forbidden Planet. For relaxation during past past divorce cases Die Hard, Hunt for Red October or anything with a high body count.
 

 

I grew up watching 50's sci fi movies such as Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Them, Incredible Shrinking Man, It Came from Outer Space and the original The Day the Earth Stood Still. Will have to hunt down Forbidden Planet! 

 

Die Hard 1 - classic

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members