or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2452

post #36766 of 55952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

I own a Filson 256. It is fantastic.

same here - Best bag I've ever owned, glad i got rid of my saddleback for this.
post #36767 of 55952
For all the talk of bags, I feel like I should pump these guys up given that they are Aust. made, well made and well priced. I've visited their shop in Byron. We shouldn't need to look O/S for quality leather.

http://www.ruggedluxury.com/shop/

Eg.

http://www.ruggedluxury.com/shop/products/Traveller.html

& where else could you buy something like this?

http://www.ruggedluxury.com/shop/products/Kangaroo-Scrotum-Bottle-Opener.html

post #36768 of 55952
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

For all the talk of bags, I feel like I should pump these guys up given that they are Aust. made, well made and well priced. I've visited their shop in Byron. We shouldn't need to look O/S for quality leather.

http://www.ruggedluxury.com/shop/

 

Just had a look at some of their messenger bags - beautiful. 

 

Where were you when I was after a messenger bag two months ago? censored.gif

post #36769 of 55952
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

For all the talk of bags, I feel like I should pump these guys up given that they are Aust. made, well made and well priced. I've visited their shop in Byron. We shouldn't need to look O/S for quality leather.

http://www.ruggedluxury.com/shop/

Eg.

http://www.ruggedluxury.com/shop/products/Traveller.html
Good spot Lachy. I've been looking for something like the traveller so I think I'll give them a go. Gotta support the Aussies and the products look great.
post #36770 of 55952
Also - free shipping wink.gif

Interestingly, according to this, looks like they have manufactured for Hunt Leather in the past too

http://www.ruggedluxury.com/shop/pages/Corporate-Gifts-and-Branding-Information.html
post #36771 of 55952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

Morning all,

Whats everyone using for their work life vis a vis bags?  Are you rocking a portfolio bag (with or without shoulder strap?), messenger bag, tote, brief case etc?  I see Filson mentioned a lot but anyone else using something else they are happy with?

I have a Filson Field Satchel, a folio in black and a Whipping +Post Messanger bag. All have different functions and applications for work and life.

Had a look at the Byron leather site the Buffalo bag looks very slick.
Edited by Geoffrey Firmin - 8/25/13 at 7:16pm
post #36772 of 55952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

Morning all,

 

Whats everyone using for their work life vis a vis bags?  Are you rocking a portfolio bag (with or without shoulder strap?), messenger bag, tote, brief case etc?  I see Filson mentioned a lot but anyone else using something else they are happy with?

 

Also anyone ordered ties from Suit supply - They have a style of tie I like but hard to gauge the quality from the pic/info, I'm assuming would be on par with TM Lewis ties or better perhaps?

I use this puppy, it's aging beautifully as well http://shop.ilbisonte.com/us/briefcase-magritte-natural_A2275XXPXXUXX120XX.html

 

If I had the spare cash, I'd grab one in black as well as I hate mixing black shoes with a brown bag.

post #36773 of 55952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

I have a Filson Field Satchel, a filio in black and a Whipping +Post Messanger bag. All have different functions and applications for work and life.

Had a look at the Byron leather site the Buffalo bag looks very slick.

Funnily enough, the only thing I don't like about Rugged Luxury is their name and their leather brand tag... I think it's cliched and cheap-sounding.

Maybe we could get them to do a special run "SF" branded leather tag to stick on some bags...
post #36774 of 55952
I have a dark brown two-gusset Valextra briefcase that I copped on SF about five years back. Considering a change to something new, if anyone wants it...
post #36775 of 55952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

Morning all,

 

Whats everyone using for their work life vis a vis bags?  Are you rocking a portfolio bag (with or without shoulder strap?), messenger bag, tote, brief case etc?  I see Filson mentioned a lot but anyone else using something else they are happy with?

 

Also anyone ordered ties from Suit supply - They have a style of tie I like but hard to gauge the quality from the pic/info, I'm assuming would be on par with TM Lewis ties or better perhaps?

 

Recent purchase, got a briefcase from Ohba. I'm planning to do a full review soon but can say it will be very positive. Buying through Ohba was an excellent experience - world class customer service and then some. The bag itself lives up to Ohba's reputation and the quality is very obvious in person...

 

Sorry I dont have any pics on hand, its this one http://www.ohbacorp.com/details.php?productid=239

post #36776 of 55952
Quote:
Originally Posted by The False Prophet View Post

I have a dark brown two-gusset Valextra briefcase that I copped on SF about five years back. Considering a change to something new, if anyone wants it...


Pics? Tell us more...

post #36777 of 55952
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

I'm "rocking" a Crumpler messenger bag, navy blue with red trim. My wife bought it for me as a present to carry my test kit and other shit in. I truly hate it, and can't wait for my grown-up MTO briefcase to arrive from the UK.

This is the HT? Would be good to see a review of this when it arrives CD .
post #36778 of 55952
Quote:
Originally Posted by couldnthaveknow View Post

Recent purchase, got a briefcase from Ohba. I'm planning to do a full review soon but can say it will be very positive. Buying through Ohba was an excellent experience - world class customer service and then some. The bag itself lives up to Ohba's reputation and the quality is very obvious in person...

Sorry I dont have any pics on hand, its this one http://www.ohbacorp.com/details.php?productid=239

Would love to hear about this as well. Their products look amazing.
post #36779 of 55952

Super Casual

Slayer

Nudie Jeans

New Balance.

 

So Mum and Dad left for Europe(England and Paris) for a month today, free house for a month :)

 

Is there anything that's much cheaper over there that I should get them to pick up?

post #36780 of 55952
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxhound View Post

Super Casual

Slayer

Nudie Jeans

New Balance.

 

So Mum and Dad left for Europe(England and Paris) for a month today, free house for a month :)

 

Is there anything that's much cheaper over there that I should get them to pick up?

The only explanation for this is that you are a masterful, supremely intelligent, carefully planning troll.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members