Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2451post #36751 of 679468/25/13 at 4:44ampost #36752 of 679468/25/13 at 4:50ampost #36753 of 679468/25/13 at 5:11ampost #36754 of 679468/25/13 at 5:21ampost #36755 of 679468/25/13 at 5:50am
Church's do a Perth. Pretty sure is what one of my pairs are (all stuff still in boxes after moving yesterday so cannot check).
See - http://instagram.com/p/YuGZkRKm4Q/post #36756 of 679468/25/13 at 5:56ampost #36757 of 679468/25/13 at 6:10amQuote:Originally Posted by The False Prophet
I have - would rather not spend $500-600 for casual shoes, alas. Also, they are quite dark, and I'd have to special order them as Double Monk has the Sydney only in black, with a dainite sole (I don't get it either).
The Andy Tom drivers do look nice. I've also looked at these:
They come in cool colours but the finishing isn't quite as nice as the Andy Toms. I fear that I would destroy the 'gommini' or whatever they're called if I did anything other than drive in them, alas...
Andy Tom and Frankie are at the same price point. I know both the owners so I should be careful of what I say. It is my opinion that the quality of Andy Tom is better than Frankie. Andy are made in Florence by ex Tod workers. Frankie does have more men's variety though
Also be aware that the rubber used in the studs vary between makers and therefore some last longer than others.
At the next price point, the dommodossola loafers at Patrick's are something else.. The original family that made agnellis driving shoe make them.post #36758 of 679468/25/13 at 2:54pm
Whats everyone using for their work life vis a vis bags? Are you rocking a portfolio bag (with or without shoulder strap?), messenger bag, tote, brief case etc? I see Filson mentioned a lot but anyone else using something else they are happy with?
Also anyone ordered ties from Suit supply - They have a style of tie I like but hard to gauge the quality from the pic/info, I'm assuming would be on par with TM Lewis ties or better perhaps?post #36759 of 679468/25/13 at 2:58pmpost #36760 of 679468/25/13 at 3:30pmSorry, quar I can't remember what I was wearing exactly at DM. Just jeans and a jumper, nothing fancy. I think Chris may have introduced me to fox81 or yourself; not sure.
Edited by California Dreamer - 8/25/13 at 3:42pmpost #36761 of 679468/25/13 at 3:40pmQuote:
I use a Filson 256 a great deal, more than any other bag. I've got a couple of more formal, leather bags, including one by SAB and one by RLPL as well as an old, black Oroton bag, but I keep on reaching for the Filson most morning as it's so handy and goes well with so many outfits.Quote:Originally Posted by g-banger
Happy Monday guys, have a great week.
btw ive narrowed it down to either Finsbury (341 last) or Carmina Wingtip Brouge (rain last)
Crockett & Jones
i'm leaning towards the C&J as ive always wanted to own a pair but the carmina's look great in the photo.
good problem to have i guess
Both look great, and both lasts are quite spacious. I think that the 341 last is a bit roomier than the Rain last but both of them accommodated my high instep well. For what it's worth, I think that the Rain last looks a little bit more elegant as the toe is a bit more chiselled (without being too narrow and angular) than the 341 last, which is a bit more rounded.post #36762 of 679468/25/13 at 3:45pmQuote:
I'm "rocking" a Crumpler messenger bag, navy blue with red trim. My wife bought it for me as a present to carry my test kit and other shit in. I truly hate it, and can't wait for my grown-up MTO briefcase to arrive from the UK.post #36763 of 679468/25/13 at 4:07pmQuote:
Yeaahh. That's not ideal, is it. But it seems to be the case that (these days) you need to go to the tailor having done your own homework. I'm not sure exactly why that is. On the upside, there is a wealth of information available on here about what alterations are likely to work out well, and which badly.post #36764 of 679468/25/13 at 4:18pmpost #36765 of 679468/25/13 at 4:29pmQuote:
I own a Filson 256. It is fantastic.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › LEMAIRE 4 seconds ago
- › Official Terrorist Bombing and Other Acts of Inhumanity Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 7 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 8 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 9 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 11 minutes ago
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding