Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2317post #34741 of 679467/23/13 at 3:07amI saw that, some good prices. The Tobias jkts look quite short though in the photos, compared to the Xavier one for example, but they say thy are both made on the SU2 block. Anyone got one to let us know the length?post #34742 of 679467/23/13 at 3:08amQuote:
MJ's measurements have them pretty close in length.post #34743 of 679467/23/13 at 3:16ampost #34744 of 679467/23/13 at 3:16ampost #34745 of 679467/23/13 at 3:19ampost #34746 of 679467/23/13 at 3:21ampost #34747 of 679467/23/13 at 3:24ampost #34748 of 679467/23/13 at 3:24ampost #34749 of 679467/23/13 at 3:26amClosed a deal after one month of going back and forth, decided to stroll down to the Longines Boutique on Pitt Street, got myself a Longines Master Collection Retrograde Moon Phases, will wait for delivery from Melbourne this week, can't wait!post #34750 of 679467/23/13 at 3:27amQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
I'm going to disagree with others a bit. Partly to encourage talk, partly because I do think a bit differently sometimes.
It depends a bit on context and what you are trying to achieve. If its a straight arrow multinational conservative CBD company you are talking about and you are representing the company then perhaps its a bit over the top. Or if you are a young inexperienced guy looking for the main chance then its too telling. However if you are representing yourself, and in a context where people might forgive - or (shock horror) - appreciate - a bit of flair or eccentricity then its fine.
On that last basis for me - its the contrasting collar that is the most jarring aspect - visually as well as signaling (generally a contrast collar - white - is a more formal signal and doesn't compute with a sport coat). Taking the checks/graphs on the shirt all the way through would work for me, or a plain blue shirt or plain white or striped. I don't like pale coloured ties at all - but then others do.
Very useful comment, fxh. You're right about the white collar/cuffs in particular. Critiquing the clashing square patterns is obvious, but that was exactly my point. Square patterns, baby. All different sizes. Dig it if you dare.
But yeah, the white collar and cuffs are maybe a bit too much. It's a distraction from the main clash. And it's what gave me vague feeling of angst in front of the mirror. Well spotted.
After all that, I'm kind of peeved that nobody feels the cufflinks. Are they not fine?post #34751 of 679467/23/13 at 3:27ampost #34752 of 679467/23/13 at 3:29amQuote:
That's a swell timepiece. Longines some time ago repositioned themselves as a budget brand, which is a shame given their stellar history. Someone within that organisation is trying to lift the Longines game with some decent watches in the Master Collection. They are a brand in waiting. Enjoy your watch!post #34753 of 679467/23/13 at 3:31ampost #34754 of 679467/23/13 at 3:34ampost #34755 of 679467/23/13 at 3:35amQuote:Originally Posted by coxacaQuote:
That's a swell timepiece. Longines some time ago repositioned themselves as a budget brand, which is a shame given their stellar history. Someone within that organisation is trying to lift the Longines game with some decent watches in the Master Collection. They are a brand in waiting. Enjoy your watch!
Longines is massive in China, and within Swatch group, they are slowly moving up to take the void Omega is leaving since Omega wants to move to Rolex space.
Yes, with their long heritage and good range of watches, hope they do well.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Avon Celli 100% cashmere sweaters 1 minute ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Fantasy Football 2016 sign up! Ends 8/21 7 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 10 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 10 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 12 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 16 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding