Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2317post #34741 of 539137/23/13 at 3:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34742 of 539137/23/13 at 3:08amQuote:
MJ's measurements have them pretty close in length.post #34743 of 539137/23/13 at 3:16ampost #34744 of 539137/23/13 at 3:16ampost #34745 of 539137/23/13 at 3:19ampost #34746 of 539137/23/13 at 3:21ampost #34747 of 539137/23/13 at 3:24ampost #34748 of 539137/23/13 at 3:24ampost #34749 of 539137/23/13 at 3:26ampost #34750 of 539137/23/13 at 3:27amQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
I'm going to disagree with others a bit. Partly to encourage talk, partly because I do think a bit differently sometimes.
It depends a bit on context and what you are trying to achieve. If its a straight arrow multinational conservative CBD company you are talking about and you are representing the company then perhaps its a bit over the top. Or if you are a young inexperienced guy looking for the main chance then its too telling. However if you are representing yourself, and in a context where people might forgive - or (shock horror) - appreciate - a bit of flair or eccentricity then its fine.
On that last basis for me - its the contrasting collar that is the most jarring aspect - visually as well as signaling (generally a contrast collar - white - is a more formal signal and doesn't compute with a sport coat). Taking the checks/graphs on the shirt all the way through would work for me, or a plain blue shirt or plain white or striped. I don't like pale coloured ties at all - but then others do.
Very useful comment, fxh. You're right about the white collar/cuffs in particular. Critiquing the clashing square patterns is obvious, but that was exactly my point. Square patterns, baby. All different sizes. Dig it if you dare.
But yeah, the white collar and cuffs are maybe a bit too much. It's a distraction from the main clash. And it's what gave me vague feeling of angst in front of the mirror. Well spotted.
After all that, I'm kind of peeved that nobody feels the cufflinks. Are they not fine?post #34751 of 539137/23/13 at 3:27ampost #34752 of 539137/23/13 at 3:29amQuote:
That's a swell timepiece. Longines some time ago repositioned themselves as a budget brand, which is a shame given their stellar history. Someone within that organisation is trying to lift the Longines game with some decent watches in the Master Collection. They are a brand in waiting. Enjoy your watch!post #34753 of 539137/23/13 at 3:31ampost #34754 of 539137/23/13 at 3:34ampost #34755 of 539137/23/13 at 3:35amQuote:Originally Posted by coxacaQuote:
That's a swell timepiece. Longines some time ago repositioned themselves as a budget brand, which is a shame given their stellar history. Someone within that organisation is trying to lift the Longines game with some decent watches in the Master Collection. They are a brand in waiting. Enjoy your watch!
Longines is massive in China, and within Swatch group, they are slowly moving up to take the void Omega is leaving since Omega wants to move to Rolex space.
Yes, with their long heritage and good range of watches, hope they do well.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › The Official Hair Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 6 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 9 minutes ago
- › Which JLC watch 12 minutes ago
- › Arnold Brant Black Label Italy Grey Purple Cord Wool Cash Suit 40-42R 14 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 14 minutes ago
- › Strellson Premium Grey Plaid Slim Fit Peak Lapel Suit 40R 19 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)