Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2317post #34741 of 610517/23/13 at 3:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34742 of 610517/23/13 at 3:08amQuote:
MJ's measurements have them pretty close in length.post #34743 of 610517/23/13 at 3:16ampost #34744 of 610517/23/13 at 3:16ampost #34745 of 610517/23/13 at 3:19ampost #34746 of 610517/23/13 at 3:21ampost #34747 of 610517/23/13 at 3:24ampost #34748 of 610517/23/13 at 3:24ampost #34749 of 610517/23/13 at 3:26ampost #34750 of 610517/23/13 at 3:27amQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
I'm going to disagree with others a bit. Partly to encourage talk, partly because I do think a bit differently sometimes.
It depends a bit on context and what you are trying to achieve. If its a straight arrow multinational conservative CBD company you are talking about and you are representing the company then perhaps its a bit over the top. Or if you are a young inexperienced guy looking for the main chance then its too telling. However if you are representing yourself, and in a context where people might forgive - or (shock horror) - appreciate - a bit of flair or eccentricity then its fine.
On that last basis for me - its the contrasting collar that is the most jarring aspect - visually as well as signaling (generally a contrast collar - white - is a more formal signal and doesn't compute with a sport coat). Taking the checks/graphs on the shirt all the way through would work for me, or a plain blue shirt or plain white or striped. I don't like pale coloured ties at all - but then others do.
Very useful comment, fxh. You're right about the white collar/cuffs in particular. Critiquing the clashing square patterns is obvious, but that was exactly my point. Square patterns, baby. All different sizes. Dig it if you dare.
But yeah, the white collar and cuffs are maybe a bit too much. It's a distraction from the main clash. And it's what gave me vague feeling of angst in front of the mirror. Well spotted.
After all that, I'm kind of peeved that nobody feels the cufflinks. Are they not fine?post #34751 of 610517/23/13 at 3:27ampost #34752 of 610517/23/13 at 3:29amQuote:
That's a swell timepiece. Longines some time ago repositioned themselves as a budget brand, which is a shame given their stellar history. Someone within that organisation is trying to lift the Longines game with some decent watches in the Master Collection. They are a brand in waiting. Enjoy your watch!post #34753 of 610517/23/13 at 3:31ampost #34754 of 610517/23/13 at 3:34ampost #34755 of 610517/23/13 at 3:35amQuote:Originally Posted by coxacaQuote:
That's a swell timepiece. Longines some time ago repositioned themselves as a budget brand, which is a shame given their stellar history. Someone within that organisation is trying to lift the Longines game with some decent watches in the Master Collection. They are a brand in waiting. Enjoy your watch!
Longines is massive in China, and within Swatch group, they are slowly moving up to take the void Omega is leaving since Omega wants to move to Rolex space.
Yes, with their long heritage and good range of watches, hope they do well.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Look goes on... 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › An Interview with B&Tailor 7 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 9 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 9 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 9 minutes ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- STREETWEAR & DENIM: WK OF... 10 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 11 minutes ago
- › Soporific Tie Pr0n 12 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan