Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2317post #34741 of 640997/23/13 at 3:07am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34742 of 640997/23/13 at 3:08amQuote:
MJ's measurements have them pretty close in length.post #34743 of 640997/23/13 at 3:16ampost #34744 of 640997/23/13 at 3:16ampost #34745 of 640997/23/13 at 3:19ampost #34746 of 640997/23/13 at 3:21ampost #34747 of 640997/23/13 at 3:24ampost #34748 of 640997/23/13 at 3:24ampost #34749 of 640997/23/13 at 3:26ampost #34750 of 640997/23/13 at 3:27amQuote:Originally Posted by fxh
I'm going to disagree with others a bit. Partly to encourage talk, partly because I do think a bit differently sometimes.
It depends a bit on context and what you are trying to achieve. If its a straight arrow multinational conservative CBD company you are talking about and you are representing the company then perhaps its a bit over the top. Or if you are a young inexperienced guy looking for the main chance then its too telling. However if you are representing yourself, and in a context where people might forgive - or (shock horror) - appreciate - a bit of flair or eccentricity then its fine.
On that last basis for me - its the contrasting collar that is the most jarring aspect - visually as well as signaling (generally a contrast collar - white - is a more formal signal and doesn't compute with a sport coat). Taking the checks/graphs on the shirt all the way through would work for me, or a plain blue shirt or plain white or striped. I don't like pale coloured ties at all - but then others do.
Very useful comment, fxh. You're right about the white collar/cuffs in particular. Critiquing the clashing square patterns is obvious, but that was exactly my point. Square patterns, baby. All different sizes. Dig it if you dare.
But yeah, the white collar and cuffs are maybe a bit too much. It's a distraction from the main clash. And it's what gave me vague feeling of angst in front of the mirror. Well spotted.
After all that, I'm kind of peeved that nobody feels the cufflinks. Are they not fine?post #34751 of 640997/23/13 at 3:27ampost #34752 of 640997/23/13 at 3:29amQuote:
That's a swell timepiece. Longines some time ago repositioned themselves as a budget brand, which is a shame given their stellar history. Someone within that organisation is trying to lift the Longines game with some decent watches in the Master Collection. They are a brand in waiting. Enjoy your watch!post #34753 of 640997/23/13 at 3:31ampost #34754 of 640997/23/13 at 3:34ampost #34755 of 640997/23/13 at 3:35amQuote:Originally Posted by coxacaQuote:
That's a swell timepiece. Longines some time ago repositioned themselves as a budget brand, which is a shame given their stellar history. Someone within that organisation is trying to lift the Longines game with some decent watches in the Master Collection. They are a brand in waiting. Enjoy your watch!
Longines is massive in China, and within Swatch group, they are slowly moving up to take the void Omega is leaving since Omega wants to move to Rolex space.
Yes, with their long heritage and good range of watches, hope they do well.
- Australian Members
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 24 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 27 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 35 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 35 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 39 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 40 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 57 minutes ago
- › Cigars 59 minutes ago
- › Clarks Desert Boots 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...