I have started using the gel, but does not seem as effective as the hard soap...has it been replaced or am I not looking hard enough.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2315post #34712 of 679467/22/13 at 10:30pmpost #34713 of 679467/22/13 at 10:31pmQuote:
At my supermarket you can get the soap (which is like a block of soap) the deodorant type stick and the gel with the brushy type bit.
I hope the stick hasn't been replaced because that was excellent.post #34714 of 679467/22/13 at 10:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by fxhQuote:
You are automatically, from this date, under the protection (and patronage), not only of Topy, but of me and Meister - and partly THE shooman.
and me, I also topy all of my shoespost #34715 of 679467/22/13 at 10:44pmQuote:
I must tell the laundress she will be thrilled.
Another product which is good for stains is Orange Power prewash stain remover, very effectice. The only issue I have with Sard is that it can leach the colour out of fabrics, had a polo last year that is now a gardening shirt.
When I used to chef I used to soak my jackets overnight in Napi San to get rid of stains also very effective for white shirts.post #34716 of 679467/22/13 at 10:59pmpost #34717 of 679467/22/13 at 11:13pmGuys a X-Post from the Suit Supply thread - can i grab your opinion on this fit. Im wearing the 36R in the photos but I also got the size up which is 38R.
Plan is to wear with Jeans/Chino's. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by g-banger
wohoo - my suit supply jacket has arrived. So impressed with the speed and packaging of the jackets.
Can i grab your opinion on the fit - below is the 36R
I also got the 38R, the 36R feels a lot more fitted but still comfortable.
this is my first proper jacket not apart of a suit and would love to have it as a staple piece in my wardrobe.
thanks!post #34718 of 679467/22/13 at 11:37pm^ That ones a bit tight in the chest and you could do with the extra length of the size up I'd say.
Re the tie swap box, I would do it a little different to the other one in that I don't think they should be swapped in and out for a number of reasons. Firstly, they'll all end up back with me at some stage and I don't want the headache of either trying to track down the owners to return them and I think if you have to swap in ties yourself, most people won't put their best ties in for various reasons which I don't want to compromise on.
Anyway I will think about it a bit more over the next week or so, it'd be a seasonal box also so we don't end up with wool ties in summer for example. Thanks for the interest so far.post #34719 of 679467/22/13 at 11:42pmpost #34720 of 679467/22/13 at 11:51pm
Sorry dude patterns clash too much for me; I think it would be a lot better with a boring shirt (solids). Swapping the PS out to compliment the boring shirt would also be a good idea.
But I remember an older fit you posted and this is a lot better!post #34721 of 679467/22/13 at 11:55pmpost #34722 of 679467/23/13 at 12:07amQuote:
I just assumed everyone uses Napi San on cotton - sheets, undies, t shirts, shirts, towels, ...... every 3 weeks or so - great stuff. You can use it to make a paste for spot stains too.post #34723 of 679467/23/13 at 12:16amQuote:Originally Posted by coxaca
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The jacket is lovely, and shoes are nice too. All it needs is plain grey trousers (lose the checks), a plain blue shirt (checks in the way again) and a darker tie, maybe a brown (or brown knit if you have one). The jacket stands out enough that you don't need any other patterns for it to compete with, everything else should just complement. I'll bite my tongue on the man beads.post #34724 of 679467/23/13 at 12:30amQuote:
No? The other problem with it is that it has a corrosive effect on a washing machine tub. Most detergents give a good clean I've been using ecco store for the last couple of years, does a good job and fragrance free.post #34725 of 679467/23/13 at 12:34amQuote:No I agree with you 100%. I realise you were only making (a very, very good) point, but just wanted to confirm that actually representing Australians' interests (apart from Kevin 747) was never part of his brief with the devil dodgers...Originally Posted by fxh
I'm guessing you knew my questions were rhetorical.
But - we were paying old Timbo - and putting him up in Rome on all Xs paid - during 2008 - 2012 when the biggest issue in Australia (and perhaps the world) for the Church of Rome was sexual abuse of the most despicable kind on the most defenceless of those in its DIRECT care.. I don't recall his voice in that time talking on anything except a gunzle view of trains and more subsidies for farmers.Quote:Yeah it's not a big deal, especially as the term "spot cleaning" implies you won't have much of the garment's overall surface area vulnerable to rain if you deal with stains in this way. And yes you can use the same fabric protector you use on suede shoes to top up the coating, though personally I havent bothered too much. If you spot out a big stain say on the shoulders where you get a lot of rain, maybe it's more of an issue to reapply the protectant, but generally it's a non issue unless you're paid to stand in the rain.Originally Posted by fxh
PoP - I think you can just respray that waterproofing on coats etc?? - I haven't tried it on "dress" wear - I don't bother as I really don't wear the coats in torrential rainstorms for hours on end - just short dashes between civilization such as coffee shops , trains stations, etc.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
Currently, there are 1350 Active Users (255 Members and 1095 Guests)
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 46 seconds ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 57 seconds ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › The small feet thread: sharing sizing and fits, and where to get... 9 minutes ago
- › Ongoing Bespoke Projects 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding