I have started using the gel, but does not seem as effective as the hard soap...has it been replaced or am I not looking hard enough.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2315
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34712 of 578897/22/13 at 10:30pmpost #34713 of 578897/22/13 at 10:31pmQuote:
At my supermarket you can get the soap (which is like a block of soap) the deodorant type stick and the gel with the brushy type bit.
I hope the stick hasn't been replaced because that was excellent.post #34714 of 578897/22/13 at 10:40pmQuote:Originally Posted by fxhQuote:
You are automatically, from this date, under the protection (and patronage), not only of Topy, but of me and Meister - and partly THE shooman.
and me, I also topy all of my shoespost #34715 of 578897/22/13 at 10:44pmQuote:
I must tell the laundress she will be thrilled.
Another product which is good for stains is Orange Power prewash stain remover, very effectice. The only issue I have with Sard is that it can leach the colour out of fabrics, had a polo last year that is now a gardening shirt.
When I used to chef I used to soak my jackets overnight in Napi San to get rid of stains also very effective for white shirts.post #34716 of 578897/22/13 at 10:59pmpost #34717 of 578897/22/13 at 11:13pmGuys a X-Post from the Suit Supply thread - can i grab your opinion on this fit. Im wearing the 36R in the photos but I also got the size up which is 38R.
Plan is to wear with Jeans/Chino's. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by g-banger
wohoo - my suit supply jacket has arrived. So impressed with the speed and packaging of the jackets.
Can i grab your opinion on the fit - below is the 36R
I also got the 38R, the 36R feels a lot more fitted but still comfortable.
this is my first proper jacket not apart of a suit and would love to have it as a staple piece in my wardrobe.
thanks!post #34718 of 578897/22/13 at 11:37pm^ That ones a bit tight in the chest and you could do with the extra length of the size up I'd say.
Re the tie swap box, I would do it a little different to the other one in that I don't think they should be swapped in and out for a number of reasons. Firstly, they'll all end up back with me at some stage and I don't want the headache of either trying to track down the owners to return them and I think if you have to swap in ties yourself, most people won't put their best ties in for various reasons which I don't want to compromise on.
Anyway I will think about it a bit more over the next week or so, it'd be a seasonal box also so we don't end up with wool ties in summer for example. Thanks for the interest so far.post #34719 of 578897/22/13 at 11:42pmpost #34720 of 578897/22/13 at 11:51pmpost #34721 of 578897/22/13 at 11:55pmpost #34722 of 578897/23/13 at 12:07amQuote:
I just assumed everyone uses Napi San on cotton - sheets, undies, t shirts, shirts, towels, ...... every 3 weeks or so - great stuff. You can use it to make a paste for spot stains too.post #34723 of 578897/23/13 at 12:16amQuote:Originally Posted by coxaca
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The jacket is lovely, and shoes are nice too. All it needs is plain grey trousers (lose the checks), a plain blue shirt (checks in the way again) and a darker tie, maybe a brown (or brown knit if you have one). The jacket stands out enough that you don't need any other patterns for it to compete with, everything else should just complement. I'll bite my tongue on the man beads.post #34724 of 578897/23/13 at 12:30amQuote:
No? The other problem with it is that it has a corrosive effect on a washing machine tub. Most detergents give a good clean I've been using ecco store for the last couple of years, does a good job and fragrance free.post #34725 of 578897/23/13 at 12:34amQuote:No I agree with you 100%. I realise you were only making (a very, very good) point, but just wanted to confirm that actually representing Australians' interests (apart from Kevin 747) was never part of his brief with the devil dodgers...Originally Posted by fxh
I'm guessing you knew my questions were rhetorical.
But - we were paying old Timbo - and putting him up in Rome on all Xs paid - during 2008 - 2012 when the biggest issue in Australia (and perhaps the world) for the Church of Rome was sexual abuse of the most despicable kind on the most defenceless of those in its DIRECT care.. I don't recall his voice in that time talking on anything except a gunzle view of trains and more subsidies for farmers.Quote:Yeah it's not a big deal, especially as the term "spot cleaning" implies you won't have much of the garment's overall surface area vulnerable to rain if you deal with stains in this way. And yes you can use the same fabric protector you use on suede shoes to top up the coating, though personally I havent bothered too much. If you spot out a big stain say on the shoulders where you get a lot of rain, maybe it's more of an issue to reapply the protectant, but generally it's a non issue unless you're paid to stand in the rain.Originally Posted by fxh
PoP - I think you can just respray that waterproofing on coats etc?? - I haven't tried it on "dress" wear - I don't bother as I really don't wear the coats in torrential rainstorms for hours on end - just short dashes between civilization such as coffee shops , trains stations, etc.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1732 Active Users (398 Members and 1334 Guests)
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 13 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 3 minutes ago
- › Inis Meain knitwear 3 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › CHRISTOPHE LEMAIRE FW2014 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...