...and the SC?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2314post #34696 of 679467/22/13 at 7:10pmpost #34697 of 679467/22/13 at 7:21pmpost #34698 of 679467/22/13 at 7:25pmpost #34699 of 679467/22/13 at 7:26pmpost #34700 of 679467/22/13 at 7:30pmpost #34701 of 679467/22/13 at 7:47pm
I reckon Zara might be ok but I'm guessing that with your proportions, you'd need to make sure the jacket was long enough in the body and sleeves. The Zara jackets I've seen in the past have been a little too short for my preference but I haven't been to Zara in a year so I don't know what their current selection is like TBHpost #34702 of 679467/22/13 at 9:13pm+1 on the tie deal. I'm pretty keen to try out some knits. You guys all make em look pretty classy. Idk if I can pull it off though.
Anyone in Adelaide able to point me in the direction of somewhere that sells decent laces? Tried 4 cobblers so far and even Beaudells doesn't stick anything but waproo 'school shoe' laces .post #34703 of 679467/22/13 at 9:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
I reckon Zara might be ok but I'm guessing that with your proportions, you'd need to make sure the jacket was long enough in the body and sleeves. The Zara jackets I've seen in the past have been a little too short for my preference but I haven't been to Zara in a year so I don't know what their current selection is like TBH
Found one that fits perfectly for $99 trying to convince myself to go back and buy it.
Are David Jones taking the piss with their prices??post #34704 of 679467/22/13 at 9:29pmpost #34705 of 679467/22/13 at 9:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
The major reason the Holy See was given 2-minute Tim as a stand alone ambassador (used to be an add-on jurisdiction of the ambassador to the Irish Republic IIRC) was part of Kevin's vanity project to get Aus a seat on the UN Security Council. They don't actually vote for members given they only have observer status, but the nuncios carry a bit of weight with many of the Latin American countries that do...
It seems to have worked, and we got Mary MacKillop made into a saint as an added bonus. But I wouldn't hold your breath for any representations on behalf of the Australian victims of abuse at the hands of the Church and her officials.
I'm guessing you knew my questions were rhetorical.
But - we were paying old Timbo - and putting him up in Rome on all Xs paid - during 2008 - 2012 when the biggest issue in Australia (and perhaps the world) for the Church of Rome was sexual abuse of the most despicable kind on the most defenceless of those in its DIRECT care.. I don't recall his voice in that time talking on anything except a gunzle view of trains and more subsidies for farmers.post #34706 of 679467/22/13 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
I find spot cleaning is the way to go with light-coloured delicate items. As you notice a stain or mark, get a bit of water and a bit of Preen on your finger or some paper and rub in to the stain, working inward. Once you start to "loosen" the stain, rinse with clear water, and leave to dry. Usually the stain will either disappear or become unnoticeable. Don't allow dirt to build up over weeks...
Only drawback with this method on trenchcoats is you will lose most of the water repellant coating on the spot(s) you clean.
Yeah in my haste on spitting out a brain ..surge.. I forgot the simplest method. Still I find if its not spat out quickly then waiting to prepare means it doesn't happen online.
I've found the most convenient stuff is SARD Wonder Soap (I think thats what its called)? in the roll out stick that looks like a deodorant ( word of warning don't mistake Sard......). Make a thick paste and rub it in (to the stain - not your wobbly bits). An old toothbrush is good for stains . Again leave it to soak a while as always. The standard advice is to rub same material against same material for stain removal - good advice.
(a note - when soaking say just sleeves - be careful of the capillary action/effect. I can remember soaking some sleeves of something in a bath that eventually the whole bath water crept silently up and over the edge and onto floor through coat by capillary action - maybe some scientist here can describe it better)
PoP - I think you can just respray that waterproofing on coats etc?? - I haven't tried it on "dress" wear - I don't bother as I really don't wear the coats in torrential rainstorms for hours on end - just short dashes between civilization such as coffee shops , trains stations, etc.post #34707 of 679467/22/13 at 10:04pmpost #34708 of 679467/22/13 at 10:08pmQuote:
It is bound to be polyester (puke). Personally I would avoid Zara, and if you are looking for a cheap SC, have a look for a cotton Uniqlo one (either on ebay or look at their main site and get a proxy).post #34709 of 679467/22/13 at 10:10pmOne of these for example:
http://www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/goods/078857#thumbnailSelectpost #34710 of 679467/22/13 at 10:19pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Where to find casual slim fit 34x33 chinos? 1 minute ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 3 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 4 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 4 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Size 40S --- Only 1 Left! █ DROP MAR 25 █ NWT Canali Kei... 11 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Size 40R --- Only 2 Left! █ DROP MAR 25 █ NWT Canali Suits and... 12 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...