...and the SC?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2314
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34697 of 560077/22/13 at 7:21pmpost #34698 of 560077/22/13 at 7:25pmpost #34699 of 560077/22/13 at 7:26pmpost #34700 of 560077/22/13 at 7:30pmpost #34701 of 560077/22/13 at 7:47pm
I reckon Zara might be ok but I'm guessing that with your proportions, you'd need to make sure the jacket was long enough in the body and sleeves. The Zara jackets I've seen in the past have been a little too short for my preference but I haven't been to Zara in a year so I don't know what their current selection is like TBHpost #34702 of 560077/22/13 at 9:13pm+1 on the tie deal. I'm pretty keen to try out some knits. You guys all make em look pretty classy. Idk if I can pull it off though.
Anyone in Adelaide able to point me in the direction of somewhere that sells decent laces? Tried 4 cobblers so far and even Beaudells doesn't stick anything but waproo 'school shoe' laces .post #34703 of 560077/22/13 at 9:17pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
I reckon Zara might be ok but I'm guessing that with your proportions, you'd need to make sure the jacket was long enough in the body and sleeves. The Zara jackets I've seen in the past have been a little too short for my preference but I haven't been to Zara in a year so I don't know what their current selection is like TBH
Found one that fits perfectly for $99 trying to convince myself to go back and buy it.
Are David Jones taking the piss with their prices??post #34704 of 560077/22/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
You are automatically, from this date, under the protection (and patronage), not only of Topy, but of me and Meister - and partly THE shooman.post #34705 of 560077/22/13 at 9:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
The major reason the Holy See was given 2-minute Tim as a stand alone ambassador (used to be an add-on jurisdiction of the ambassador to the Irish Republic IIRC) was part of Kevin's vanity project to get Aus a seat on the UN Security Council. They don't actually vote for members given they only have observer status, but the nuncios carry a bit of weight with many of the Latin American countries that do...
It seems to have worked, and we got Mary MacKillop made into a saint as an added bonus. But I wouldn't hold your breath for any representations on behalf of the Australian victims of abuse at the hands of the Church and her officials.
I'm guessing you knew my questions were rhetorical.
But - we were paying old Timbo - and putting him up in Rome on all Xs paid - during 2008 - 2012 when the biggest issue in Australia (and perhaps the world) for the Church of Rome was sexual abuse of the most despicable kind on the most defenceless of those in its DIRECT care.. I don't recall his voice in that time talking on anything except a gunzle view of trains and more subsidies for farmers.post #34706 of 560077/22/13 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
I find spot cleaning is the way to go with light-coloured delicate items. As you notice a stain or mark, get a bit of water and a bit of Preen on your finger or some paper and rub in to the stain, working inward. Once you start to "loosen" the stain, rinse with clear water, and leave to dry. Usually the stain will either disappear or become unnoticeable. Don't allow dirt to build up over weeks...
Only drawback with this method on trenchcoats is you will lose most of the water repellant coating on the spot(s) you clean.
Yeah in my haste on spitting out a brain ..surge.. I forgot the simplest method. Still I find if its not spat out quickly then waiting to prepare means it doesn't happen online.
I've found the most convenient stuff is SARD Wonder Soap (I think thats what its called)? in the roll out stick that looks like a deodorant ( word of warning don't mistake Sard......). Make a thick paste and rub it in (to the stain - not your wobbly bits). An old toothbrush is good for stains . Again leave it to soak a while as always. The standard advice is to rub same material against same material for stain removal - good advice.
(a note - when soaking say just sleeves - be careful of the capillary action/effect. I can remember soaking some sleeves of something in a bath that eventually the whole bath water crept silently up and over the edge and onto floor through coat by capillary action - maybe some scientist here can describe it better)
PoP - I think you can just respray that waterproofing on coats etc?? - I haven't tried it on "dress" wear - I don't bother as I really don't wear the coats in torrential rainstorms for hours on end - just short dashes between civilization such as coffee shops , trains stations, etc.post #34707 of 560077/22/13 at 10:04pmpost #34708 of 560077/22/13 at 10:08pmQuote:
It is bound to be polyester (puke). Personally I would avoid Zara, and if you are looking for a cheap SC, have a look for a cotton Uniqlo one (either on ebay or look at their main site and get a proxy).post #34709 of 560077/22/13 at 10:10pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread 1 minute ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 1 minute ago
- › Menswear on Women 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 4 minutes ago
- › Collateral Concepts One Off Anatomical Gloves in Black (Small) (IC) 4 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › The Home Ownership Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...