A fit pic would be the icing on the cake, proof in the pudding etc...
Go the Blues! What's the verdict on Lockys suit?
Sydney has started! sorry ive been swamped with all the admin involved in starting a new business wish I could be on here more
Jase I wore this exact tie for a Suit Shop Broadsheet shoot today :)
I could go on and on about all the great things, but Ill try to keep it short.
- I wanted a sport coat. I was not quite at PJ level yet but wanted the kind of things they offer (from reading around here): great fabric, a great (modern) fit, soft shoulders, choice of everything.
- I have minimal experience with suit and jacket purchasing.
- I have a couple of beautiful MTO suits, but the lack of proper measuring left a few shortcomings (such as not allowing for my lower RH shoulder, and also when the jacket & sleeves were lengthened, it threw off the button stance by the same amount = button stance too high). I also have a few sport coats purchased off the rack.
- We'd all been anticipating Suitshop, so it was my first logical choice for a MTM garment. The things I especially liked were that PJs methods, experience, (modern) styling and watchful eye were associated with this, Romp was on board, and they were local (ie I could chase them up and they could be accountable... not that I expected that)
- I wanted a mid 'steel/ grey blue', something that looked plain blue from a distance, but with checks visible up close. Something versatile that could be worn night and day, dressed up or down.
- Matt was great. His input and passion was very valuable. He had a fabric in mind when I described to him what I wanted, and when I saw it it was perfect.
Ariston fabric AR0047 was from their higher end fabrics and something I think PJ stocks (I found 'Ariston four seasons' swatches on the Kent Wang website).
- I wore one of my existing suits for Matt to critique. He found a few points, then went through his measurements and then trying on of his sample suit to tweak. The measuring process was very thorough and I was impressed.
- Jacket came back 5 weeks later, Matt brought it around to check, and it was perfect.
- The material and fit are superb. Really couldn't be happier with the result, and ended up with exactly the jacket I had imagined. This will get a lot of wear. I will soon order some pants to make it a casual suit.
- I wouldn't hesitate at all to order a bunch of things from them while Im at this price point.
- Here's a pic of the jacket. No fit pic because my woeful photography would not do this justice.
Feel free to ask or PM any Q's
Thanks for the feedback - glad it worked out well!
Just wondering if it is fused, half, full canvassed? Also functioning buttons? Is there much price variation in the change of the cloth?
I am located in Sydney and am looking for suggestions for a good cobbler in the inner city area.
Just need to get some toe caps installed, although something basic I would like to establish a relationship with a trusted cobbler as in due course I will need more serious work done.
Great review, looks good. It would be great to see some pics of it on. And just a comment; you probably saw similar Ariston fabrics on the Kent Wang website because it appears that SuitShop, Kent Wang and at least one other Styleforum-MTM-type (Tiberias Clothing) are all using the same Chinese workshop based on my (admittedly often incorrect) observations.
Ah. Maybe I should post my request for names of good Melbourne tailors on historicalphotoarchives.net. I might actually get a response.