Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 2298post #34456 of 679467/16/13 at 9:17pmpost #34457 of 679467/16/13 at 9:21pmpost #34458 of 679467/16/13 at 9:27pm
New Carmina oxford wingtips on the Rain last (cross-post from the Carmina porn thread):
And now that I have your full attention...
*bump*Quote:Originally Posted by coxaca
I recently inherited some nice vintage pieces from my father's wardrobe. They already fit quite well, but some minor alterations would be needed here and there.
So now I'm looking for a reliable alterations tailor in Melbourne. Inner south-eastern suburbs location would be best, but CBD works too.
Someone who won't be pissed off if my first job for them isn't a fully bespoke three-piece suit...but can do that too.
Price point is not as important as the ability to build a relationship. (no homo)
Can anybody help?post #34459 of 679467/16/13 at 9:46pmpost #34460 of 679467/16/13 at 10:13pmQuote:
Close - on an outdoor table out in my courtyard.
I find that natural light is best for taking photos in and the courtyard gets some good, but not too direct light in the mornings and again late in the afternoon.
The Acorn fabrics feel very nice. The blue poplin is very fine and silky and irons very easily, and yet was one of the lower-priced poplin options.
Thank you very much for having them made up into shirts for me!Quote:
GF - Thanks! I'm very much looking forward to wearing it and might even give it a run later this week. I'll try and post photos if I do.post #34461 of 679467/16/13 at 10:19pmpost #34462 of 679467/16/13 at 10:23pmpost #34463 of 679467/16/13 at 11:07pmI'm looking at buying a leather dopp kit.
Something similar to this (2 compartments), but for <$150 http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Leather-Travel-Toiletry-Case/926C________NBRN__________,default,pd.html
A dopp kit shouldn't cost as much as a pair of shoes...
Any ideas? If they do monogramming, it'd be a plus.post #34464 of 679467/16/13 at 11:08pmI have a Brooks Brothers one similar to that, but leather look. It's one thing I'm happy to not have leather, to account for spillages etc. Still very nice though, no idea how much it cost got it in Hawaii a few years ago.post #34465 of 679467/16/13 at 11:19pmQuote:
And the rest.
Still, it's better than blowing thirty grand I don't have on a watch - my previous addiction.
I'm using clothes and shoes to wean myself off watches. It's therapy, guys.post #34466 of 679467/16/13 at 11:24pmQuote:
I'm using less Style Forum to wean myself off shoes and clothing.... This end of the food chain has hit a new low on the sunset strip...post #34467 of 679467/17/13 at 12:31amHi gents, I have a Suitshop review for all.
I could go on and on about all the great things, but Ill try to keep it short.
- I wanted a sport coat. I was not quite at PJ level yet but wanted the kind of things they offer (from reading around here): great fabric, a great (modern) fit, soft shoulders, choice of everything.
- I have minimal experience with suit and jacket purchasing.
- I have a couple of beautiful MTO suits, but the lack of proper measuring left a few shortcomings (such as not allowing for my lower RH shoulder, and also when the jacket & sleeves were lengthened, it threw off the button stance by the same amount = button stance too high). I also have a few sport coats purchased off the rack.
- We'd all been anticipating Suitshop, so it was my first logical choice for a MTM garment. The things I especially liked were that PJs methods, experience, (modern) styling and watchful eye were associated with this, Romp was on board, and they were local (ie I could chase them up and they could be accountable... not that I expected that)
- I wanted a mid 'steel/ grey blue', something that looked plain blue from a distance, but with checks visible up close. Something versatile that could be worn night and day, dressed up or down.
- Matt was great. His input and passion was very valuable. He had a fabric in mind when I described to him what I wanted, and when I saw it it was perfect.
Ariston fabric AR0047 was from their higher end fabrics and something I think PJ stocks (I found 'Ariston four seasons' swatches on the Kent Wang website).
- I wore one of my existing suits for Matt to critique. He found a few points, then went through his measurements and then trying on of his sample suit to tweak. The measuring process was very thorough and I was impressed.
- Jacket came back 5 weeks later, Matt brought it around to check, and it was perfect.
- The material and fit are superb. Really couldn't be happier with the result, and ended up with exactly the jacket I had imagined. This will get a lot of wear. I will soon order some pants to make it a casual suit.
- I wouldn't hesitate at all to order a bunch of things from them while Im at this price point.
- Here's a pic of the jacket. No fit pic because my woeful photography would not do this justice.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Feel free to ask or PM any Q'spost #34468 of 679467/17/13 at 1:11ampost #34469 of 679467/17/13 at 1:14am
Any advice on where to get 'everyday' shirts and trousers?
Haven't had much luck with the conventional sizing as I tend to fit into large sized shirts/trousers and find that the sleeve length and trouser length is too long.
Also interested in herringbone shirts.
Thanks in advancepost #34470 of 679467/17/13 at 1:57am
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 9 minutes ago
- › Fake or Real (Authentic, Genuine, etc.) -- Official Authentication... 12 minutes ago
- › Should I buy Tan wing tip Wolverine 1000 mile boot? 14 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 16 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 22 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 23 minutes ago
- › Crusty's "What I wore on this Date in History" - a walk down memory... 43 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...