Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: Yesterday
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2298
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34457 of 679197/16/13 at 9:21pmpost #34458 of 679197/16/13 at 9:27pm
New Carmina oxford wingtips on the Rain last (cross-post from the Carmina porn thread):
And now that I have your full attention...
*bump*Quote:Originally Posted by coxaca
I recently inherited some nice vintage pieces from my father's wardrobe. They already fit quite well, but some minor alterations would be needed here and there.
So now I'm looking for a reliable alterations tailor in Melbourne. Inner south-eastern suburbs location would be best, but CBD works too.
Someone who won't be pissed off if my first job for them isn't a fully bespoke three-piece suit...but can do that too.
Price point is not as important as the ability to build a relationship. (no homo)
Can anybody help?post #34459 of 679197/16/13 at 9:46pmpost #34460 of 679197/16/13 at 10:13pmQuote:
Close - on an outdoor table out in my courtyard.
I find that natural light is best for taking photos in and the courtyard gets some good, but not too direct light in the mornings and again late in the afternoon.
The Acorn fabrics feel very nice. The blue poplin is very fine and silky and irons very easily, and yet was one of the lower-priced poplin options.
Thank you very much for having them made up into shirts for me!Quote:
GF - Thanks! I'm very much looking forward to wearing it and might even give it a run later this week. I'll try and post photos if I do.post #34461 of 679197/16/13 at 10:19pmpost #34462 of 679197/16/13 at 10:23pmpost #34463 of 679197/16/13 at 11:07pmI'm looking at buying a leather dopp kit.
Something similar to this (2 compartments), but for <$150 http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Leather-Travel-Toiletry-Case/926C________NBRN__________,default,pd.html
A dopp kit shouldn't cost as much as a pair of shoes...
Any ideas? If they do monogramming, it'd be a plus.post #34464 of 679197/16/13 at 11:08pmpost #34465 of 679197/16/13 at 11:19pmQuote:
And the rest.
Still, it's better than blowing thirty grand I don't have on a watch - my previous addiction.
I'm using clothes and shoes to wean myself off watches. It's therapy, guys.post #34466 of 679197/16/13 at 11:24pmQuote:
I'm using less Style Forum to wean myself off shoes and clothing.... This end of the food chain has hit a new low on the sunset strip...post #34467 of 679197/17/13 at 12:31amHi gents, I have a Suitshop review for all.
I could go on and on about all the great things, but Ill try to keep it short.
- I wanted a sport coat. I was not quite at PJ level yet but wanted the kind of things they offer (from reading around here): great fabric, a great (modern) fit, soft shoulders, choice of everything.
- I have minimal experience with suit and jacket purchasing.
- I have a couple of beautiful MTO suits, but the lack of proper measuring left a few shortcomings (such as not allowing for my lower RH shoulder, and also when the jacket & sleeves were lengthened, it threw off the button stance by the same amount = button stance too high). I also have a few sport coats purchased off the rack.
- We'd all been anticipating Suitshop, so it was my first logical choice for a MTM garment. The things I especially liked were that PJs methods, experience, (modern) styling and watchful eye were associated with this, Romp was on board, and they were local (ie I could chase them up and they could be accountable... not that I expected that)
- I wanted a mid 'steel/ grey blue', something that looked plain blue from a distance, but with checks visible up close. Something versatile that could be worn night and day, dressed up or down.
- Matt was great. His input and passion was very valuable. He had a fabric in mind when I described to him what I wanted, and when I saw it it was perfect.
Ariston fabric AR0047 was from their higher end fabrics and something I think PJ stocks (I found 'Ariston four seasons' swatches on the Kent Wang website).
- I wore one of my existing suits for Matt to critique. He found a few points, then went through his measurements and then trying on of his sample suit to tweak. The measuring process was very thorough and I was impressed.
- Jacket came back 5 weeks later, Matt brought it around to check, and it was perfect.
- The material and fit are superb. Really couldn't be happier with the result, and ended up with exactly the jacket I had imagined. This will get a lot of wear. I will soon order some pants to make it a casual suit.
- I wouldn't hesitate at all to order a bunch of things from them while Im at this price point.
- Here's a pic of the jacket. No fit pic because my woeful photography would not do this justice.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Feel free to ask or PM any Q'spost #34468 of 679197/17/13 at 1:11ampost #34469 of 679197/17/13 at 1:14ampost #34470 of 679197/17/13 at 1:57am
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 1 minute ago
- › SF Cheap Functional Buttonholes 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 3 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 5 minutes ago
- › Video Games 6 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1