Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2298
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34457 of 620407/16/13 at 9:21pmpost #34458 of 620407/16/13 at 9:27pm
New Carmina oxford wingtips on the Rain last (cross-post from the Carmina porn thread):
And now that I have your full attention...
*bump*Quote:Originally Posted by coxaca
I recently inherited some nice vintage pieces from my father's wardrobe. They already fit quite well, but some minor alterations would be needed here and there.
So now I'm looking for a reliable alterations tailor in Melbourne. Inner south-eastern suburbs location would be best, but CBD works too.
Someone who won't be pissed off if my first job for them isn't a fully bespoke three-piece suit...but can do that too.
Price point is not as important as the ability to build a relationship. (no homo)
Can anybody help?post #34459 of 620407/16/13 at 9:46pmpost #34460 of 620407/16/13 at 10:13pmQuote:
Close - on an outdoor table out in my courtyard.
I find that natural light is best for taking photos in and the courtyard gets some good, but not too direct light in the mornings and again late in the afternoon.
The Acorn fabrics feel very nice. The blue poplin is very fine and silky and irons very easily, and yet was one of the lower-priced poplin options.
Thank you very much for having them made up into shirts for me!Quote:
GF - Thanks! I'm very much looking forward to wearing it and might even give it a run later this week. I'll try and post photos if I do.post #34461 of 620407/16/13 at 10:19pmpost #34462 of 620407/16/13 at 10:23pmpost #34463 of 620407/16/13 at 11:07pmI'm looking at buying a leather dopp kit.
Something similar to this (2 compartments), but for <$150 http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Leather-Travel-Toiletry-Case/926C________NBRN__________,default,pd.html
A dopp kit shouldn't cost as much as a pair of shoes...
Any ideas? If they do monogramming, it'd be a plus.post #34464 of 620407/16/13 at 11:08pmpost #34465 of 620407/16/13 at 11:19pmQuote:
And the rest.
Still, it's better than blowing thirty grand I don't have on a watch - my previous addiction.
I'm using clothes and shoes to wean myself off watches. It's therapy, guys.post #34466 of 620407/16/13 at 11:24pmQuote:
I'm using less Style Forum to wean myself off shoes and clothing.... This end of the food chain has hit a new low on the sunset strip...post #34467 of 620407/17/13 at 12:31amHi gents, I have a Suitshop review for all.
I could go on and on about all the great things, but Ill try to keep it short.
- I wanted a sport coat. I was not quite at PJ level yet but wanted the kind of things they offer (from reading around here): great fabric, a great (modern) fit, soft shoulders, choice of everything.
- I have minimal experience with suit and jacket purchasing.
- I have a couple of beautiful MTO suits, but the lack of proper measuring left a few shortcomings (such as not allowing for my lower RH shoulder, and also when the jacket & sleeves were lengthened, it threw off the button stance by the same amount = button stance too high). I also have a few sport coats purchased off the rack.
- We'd all been anticipating Suitshop, so it was my first logical choice for a MTM garment. The things I especially liked were that PJs methods, experience, (modern) styling and watchful eye were associated with this, Romp was on board, and they were local (ie I could chase them up and they could be accountable... not that I expected that)
- I wanted a mid 'steel/ grey blue', something that looked plain blue from a distance, but with checks visible up close. Something versatile that could be worn night and day, dressed up or down.
- Matt was great. His input and passion was very valuable. He had a fabric in mind when I described to him what I wanted, and when I saw it it was perfect.
Ariston fabric AR0047 was from their higher end fabrics and something I think PJ stocks (I found 'Ariston four seasons' swatches on the Kent Wang website).
- I wore one of my existing suits for Matt to critique. He found a few points, then went through his measurements and then trying on of his sample suit to tweak. The measuring process was very thorough and I was impressed.
- Jacket came back 5 weeks later, Matt brought it around to check, and it was perfect.
- The material and fit are superb. Really couldn't be happier with the result, and ended up with exactly the jacket I had imagined. This will get a lot of wear. I will soon order some pants to make it a casual suit.
- I wouldn't hesitate at all to order a bunch of things from them while Im at this price point.
- Here's a pic of the jacket. No fit pic because my woeful photography would not do this justice.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Feel free to ask or PM any Q'spost #34468 of 620407/17/13 at 1:11ampost #34469 of 620407/17/13 at 1:14ampost #34470 of 620407/17/13 at 1:57am
- Australian Members
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 42 seconds ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 1 minute ago
- › ToJ Black Wool Trousers, sz 31 1 minute ago
- › things that are making you happy 2 minutes ago
- › What TV Series Are You Streaming Lately? 3 minutes ago
- › Howard Yount: Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan