Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2282
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34217 of 640997/10/13 at 5:32amQuote:Don't waste your money on topying these shoes.It will cost you $45. Just add some rubber toe taps and off you go.Originally Posted by MiguelSF
Great read, cheers.
I've got a pair of unworn black dress shoes, apparently 100% all leather and hand-made in Italy (Rolando Sturlini), that I might try the topy method.
At least I'll get a feel of them as I've never put rubber "protection" on the soles of my shoes. I just chuck on in-soles for extra cush.
This would be my test sample. It ain't a Loake or Church's, but its nice enough to wear on non-suit days.post #34218 of 640997/10/13 at 6:51ampost #34219 of 640997/10/13 at 7:07ampost #34220 of 640997/10/13 at 9:01am
Like the peacoat, whats the material on the TOJ, lamb? Anyway your post reminded me I need to checkout my cart for a navy peacot I finally found on sale...now my size is gone doh! Going to go a size up and get it taken in, screw it held off all winter looking for a descent one.post #34221 of 640997/10/13 at 4:04pmpost #34222 of 640997/10/13 at 4:19pmpost #34223 of 640997/10/13 at 5:40pmpost #34224 of 640997/10/13 at 6:22pmI've just plonked up some moleskin trousers for sale see below spoiler or link in sig.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Moleskin Trousers
Peter Christian, moleskins, Loden / grey green dull colour
These are Men's trousers not boys pants
11.5” to 12" front rise,
9" or a bit less leg opening, with around 10" at knee,
waist size on label 34.
Inseam is about 29.75" with 2" to let down
These are that lovely thick soft, very warm English moleskin not the stuff Australians, RM Williams, call moleskin, which is more like a heavy twill.
Very warm - outdoor trousers.
$30 if in Melbourne plus a coffee. Plus postage elsewhere.
Size on label 34, these trousers have been washed about 5 times, I wash all cotton around 3 times prior to wearing to soften up and complete shrinkage. The have the comfort waist. The comfort waist is a very well designed thing with elastic in each side, hidden, that allows for another 1.5 to 2" expansion. These have shrunk somewhat in the waist so that they are fully stretched at 34" and a bit. So they would be ideal for someone who varies in waist from say, 32.5" to 34". That said there is around 2" to let out at back of waist. To sum up, with no alterations they are ideal for 32.5" to 34" waist, but with letting out would suit 34" to 36"
Inseam is about 29.75" with 2" to let down if needed.
Reason for selling:
I'd need them taken out an inch to wear them that will cost me $40 or so. Trouble is I don't like the colour at all and so won't wear them. I have worn them less than 10 times.post #34225 of 640997/10/13 at 6:29pmpost #34226 of 640997/10/13 at 6:41pmpost #34227 of 640997/10/13 at 6:42pm
Behind closed doors, what do you wear for foot wear around the house? Slippers, thongs? I'm looking to get something, l currently wear Ugg boots, thongs, slip on loafers when we have guests. l don't want to go all Hugh Hefner and all, just thought the SF think tank may provide some ideas...post #34228 of 640997/10/13 at 6:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues
Behind closed doors, what do you wear for foot wear around the house? Slippers, thongs? I'm looking to get something, l currently wear Ugg boots, thongs, slip on loafers when we have guests. l don't want to go all Hugh Hefner and all, just thought the SF think tank may provide some ideas...
Draper slippers from pediwear.post #34229 of 640997/10/13 at 6:48pmpost #34230 of 640997/10/13 at 6:49pmQuote:
I have this PRL blazer- it’s a Bradford cut with extra fine virgin wool ?. It is awesome ! I think this jacket will look better if you get your tailor open up the front quarters little bit. I have done this to mine.
- Australian Members
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Dress in Academia 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Drake's London Appreciation Thread 28 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 30 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 34 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 42 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 42 minutes ago
- › True Detective Season 2 45 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 47 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...