Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2282
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34217 of 586617/10/13 at 5:32amQuote:Don't waste your money on topying these shoes.It will cost you $45. Just add some rubber toe taps and off you go.Originally Posted by MiguelSF
Great read, cheers.
I've got a pair of unworn black dress shoes, apparently 100% all leather and hand-made in Italy (Rolando Sturlini), that I might try the topy method.
At least I'll get a feel of them as I've never put rubber "protection" on the soles of my shoes. I just chuck on in-soles for extra cush.
This would be my test sample. It ain't a Loake or Church's, but its nice enough to wear on non-suit days.post #34218 of 586617/10/13 at 6:51ampost #34219 of 586617/10/13 at 7:07ampost #34220 of 586617/10/13 at 9:01am
Like the peacoat, whats the material on the TOJ, lamb? Anyway your post reminded me I need to checkout my cart for a navy peacot I finally found on sale...now my size is gone doh! Going to go a size up and get it taken in, screw it held off all winter looking for a descent one.post #34221 of 586617/10/13 at 4:04pmpost #34222 of 586617/10/13 at 4:19pmpost #34223 of 586617/10/13 at 5:40pmpost #34224 of 586617/10/13 at 6:22pmI've just plonked up some moleskin trousers for sale see below spoiler or link in sig.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Moleskin Trousers
Peter Christian, moleskins, Loden / grey green dull colour
These are Men's trousers not boys pants
11.5” to 12" front rise,
9" or a bit less leg opening, with around 10" at knee,
waist size on label 34.
Inseam is about 29.75" with 2" to let down
These are that lovely thick soft, very warm English moleskin not the stuff Australians, RM Williams, call moleskin, which is more like a heavy twill.
Very warm - outdoor trousers.
$30 if in Melbourne plus a coffee. Plus postage elsewhere.
Size on label 34, these trousers have been washed about 5 times, I wash all cotton around 3 times prior to wearing to soften up and complete shrinkage. The have the comfort waist. The comfort waist is a very well designed thing with elastic in each side, hidden, that allows for another 1.5 to 2" expansion. These have shrunk somewhat in the waist so that they are fully stretched at 34" and a bit. So they would be ideal for someone who varies in waist from say, 32.5" to 34". That said there is around 2" to let out at back of waist. To sum up, with no alterations they are ideal for 32.5" to 34" waist, but with letting out would suit 34" to 36"
Inseam is about 29.75" with 2" to let down if needed.
Reason for selling:
I'd need them taken out an inch to wear them that will cost me $40 or so. Trouble is I don't like the colour at all and so won't wear them. I have worn them less than 10 times.post #34225 of 586617/10/13 at 6:29pmpost #34226 of 586617/10/13 at 6:41pmpost #34227 of 586617/10/13 at 6:42pm
Behind closed doors, what do you wear for foot wear around the house? Slippers, thongs? I'm looking to get something, l currently wear Ugg boots, thongs, slip on loafers when we have guests. l don't want to go all Hugh Hefner and all, just thought the SF think tank may provide some ideas...post #34228 of 586617/10/13 at 6:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues
Behind closed doors, what do you wear for foot wear around the house? Slippers, thongs? I'm looking to get something, l currently wear Ugg boots, thongs, slip on loafers when we have guests. l don't want to go all Hugh Hefner and all, just thought the SF think tank may provide some ideas...
Draper slippers from pediwear.post #34229 of 586617/10/13 at 6:48pmpost #34230 of 586617/10/13 at 6:49pmQuote:
I have this PRL blazer- it’s a Bradford cut with extra fine virgin wool ?. It is awesome ! I think this jacket will look better if you get your tailor open up the front quarters little bit. I have done this to mine.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 12 seconds ago
- › The Hanger Project: Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 1 minute ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 2 minutes ago
- › What are you looking to buy with a declining Euro 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 6 minutes ago
- › Clothes and Perception 7 minutes ago
- › Red Wing Boots - Your Opinion 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief: January 2015
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › Sneakers for Boot People
- › The Pleasures and Perils of the Long Coat
- › Professor Fabulous Returns to the Closet
- › Why Styleforum Matters
- › The Pittilogues: Pitti Uomo 87, Day 0
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays