Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2282
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34217 of 620607/10/13 at 5:32amQuote:Don't waste your money on topying these shoes.It will cost you $45. Just add some rubber toe taps and off you go.Originally Posted by MiguelSF
Great read, cheers.
I've got a pair of unworn black dress shoes, apparently 100% all leather and hand-made in Italy (Rolando Sturlini), that I might try the topy method.
At least I'll get a feel of them as I've never put rubber "protection" on the soles of my shoes. I just chuck on in-soles for extra cush.
This would be my test sample. It ain't a Loake or Church's, but its nice enough to wear on non-suit days.post #34218 of 620607/10/13 at 6:51ampost #34219 of 620607/10/13 at 7:07ampost #34220 of 620607/10/13 at 9:01am
Like the peacoat, whats the material on the TOJ, lamb? Anyway your post reminded me I need to checkout my cart for a navy peacot I finally found on sale...now my size is gone doh! Going to go a size up and get it taken in, screw it held off all winter looking for a descent one.post #34221 of 620607/10/13 at 4:04pmpost #34222 of 620607/10/13 at 4:19pmpost #34223 of 620607/10/13 at 5:40pmpost #34224 of 620607/10/13 at 6:22pmI've just plonked up some moleskin trousers for sale see below spoiler or link in sig.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Moleskin Trousers
Peter Christian, moleskins, Loden / grey green dull colour
These are Men's trousers not boys pants
11.5” to 12" front rise,
9" or a bit less leg opening, with around 10" at knee,
waist size on label 34.
Inseam is about 29.75" with 2" to let down
These are that lovely thick soft, very warm English moleskin not the stuff Australians, RM Williams, call moleskin, which is more like a heavy twill.
Very warm - outdoor trousers.
$30 if in Melbourne plus a coffee. Plus postage elsewhere.
Size on label 34, these trousers have been washed about 5 times, I wash all cotton around 3 times prior to wearing to soften up and complete shrinkage. The have the comfort waist. The comfort waist is a very well designed thing with elastic in each side, hidden, that allows for another 1.5 to 2" expansion. These have shrunk somewhat in the waist so that they are fully stretched at 34" and a bit. So they would be ideal for someone who varies in waist from say, 32.5" to 34". That said there is around 2" to let out at back of waist. To sum up, with no alterations they are ideal for 32.5" to 34" waist, but with letting out would suit 34" to 36"
Inseam is about 29.75" with 2" to let down if needed.
Reason for selling:
I'd need them taken out an inch to wear them that will cost me $40 or so. Trouble is I don't like the colour at all and so won't wear them. I have worn them less than 10 times.post #34225 of 620607/10/13 at 6:29pmpost #34226 of 620607/10/13 at 6:41pmpost #34227 of 620607/10/13 at 6:42pm
Behind closed doors, what do you wear for foot wear around the house? Slippers, thongs? I'm looking to get something, l currently wear Ugg boots, thongs, slip on loafers when we have guests. l don't want to go all Hugh Hefner and all, just thought the SF think tank may provide some ideas...post #34228 of 620607/10/13 at 6:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues
Behind closed doors, what do you wear for foot wear around the house? Slippers, thongs? I'm looking to get something, l currently wear Ugg boots, thongs, slip on loafers when we have guests. l don't want to go all Hugh Hefner and all, just thought the SF think tank may provide some ideas...
Draper slippers from pediwear.post #34229 of 620607/10/13 at 6:48pmpost #34230 of 620607/10/13 at 6:49pmQuote:
I have this PRL blazer- it’s a Bradford cut with extra fine virgin wool ?. It is awesome ! I think this jacket will look better if you get your tailor open up the front quarters little bit. I have done this to mine.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 35 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 1 minute ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 5 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 8 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 12 minutes ago
- › Carmina GMTO 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 14 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan