Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2282
Styleforum Top Pickspost #34217 of 634057/10/13 at 5:32amQuote:Don't waste your money on topying these shoes.It will cost you $45. Just add some rubber toe taps and off you go.Originally Posted by MiguelSF
Great read, cheers.
I've got a pair of unworn black dress shoes, apparently 100% all leather and hand-made in Italy (Rolando Sturlini), that I might try the topy method.
At least I'll get a feel of them as I've never put rubber "protection" on the soles of my shoes. I just chuck on in-soles for extra cush.
This would be my test sample. It ain't a Loake or Church's, but its nice enough to wear on non-suit days.post #34218 of 634057/10/13 at 6:51ampost #34219 of 634057/10/13 at 7:07ampost #34220 of 634057/10/13 at 9:01am
Like the peacoat, whats the material on the TOJ, lamb? Anyway your post reminded me I need to checkout my cart for a navy peacot I finally found on sale...now my size is gone doh! Going to go a size up and get it taken in, screw it held off all winter looking for a descent one.post #34221 of 634057/10/13 at 4:04pmpost #34222 of 634057/10/13 at 4:19pmpost #34223 of 634057/10/13 at 5:40pmpost #34224 of 634057/10/13 at 6:22pmI've just plonked up some moleskin trousers for sale see below spoiler or link in sig.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Moleskin Trousers
Peter Christian, moleskins, Loden / grey green dull colour
These are Men's trousers not boys pants
11.5” to 12" front rise,
9" or a bit less leg opening, with around 10" at knee,
waist size on label 34.
Inseam is about 29.75" with 2" to let down
These are that lovely thick soft, very warm English moleskin not the stuff Australians, RM Williams, call moleskin, which is more like a heavy twill.
Very warm - outdoor trousers.
$30 if in Melbourne plus a coffee. Plus postage elsewhere.
Size on label 34, these trousers have been washed about 5 times, I wash all cotton around 3 times prior to wearing to soften up and complete shrinkage. The have the comfort waist. The comfort waist is a very well designed thing with elastic in each side, hidden, that allows for another 1.5 to 2" expansion. These have shrunk somewhat in the waist so that they are fully stretched at 34" and a bit. So they would be ideal for someone who varies in waist from say, 32.5" to 34". That said there is around 2" to let out at back of waist. To sum up, with no alterations they are ideal for 32.5" to 34" waist, but with letting out would suit 34" to 36"
Inseam is about 29.75" with 2" to let down if needed.
Reason for selling:
I'd need them taken out an inch to wear them that will cost me $40 or so. Trouble is I don't like the colour at all and so won't wear them. I have worn them less than 10 times.post #34225 of 634057/10/13 at 6:29pmpost #34226 of 634057/10/13 at 6:41pmpost #34227 of 634057/10/13 at 6:42pm
Behind closed doors, what do you wear for foot wear around the house? Slippers, thongs? I'm looking to get something, l currently wear Ugg boots, thongs, slip on loafers when we have guests. l don't want to go all Hugh Hefner and all, just thought the SF think tank may provide some ideas...post #34228 of 634057/10/13 at 6:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues
Behind closed doors, what do you wear for foot wear around the house? Slippers, thongs? I'm looking to get something, l currently wear Ugg boots, thongs, slip on loafers when we have guests. l don't want to go all Hugh Hefner and all, just thought the SF think tank may provide some ideas...
Draper slippers from pediwear.post #34229 of 634057/10/13 at 6:48pmpost #34230 of 634057/10/13 at 6:49pmQuote:
I have this PRL blazer- it’s a Bradford cut with extra fine virgin wool ?. It is awesome ! I think this jacket will look better if you get your tailor open up the front quarters little bit. I have done this to mine.
- Australian Members
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 7 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 8 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 13 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 15 minutes ago
- › Seattle real estate 16 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 16 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...