or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2267

post #33991 of 54902
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasnostyle View Post

Off of the current topics i know. However does anyone have any feedback, good or bad about a company called English Bespoke Tailors?

There is a deal for  "Just $349 for a Bespoke Tailored Wool Suit, Fully Personalised to Your Style - Hand-Made from Scratch & Delivered to Your Door!" at 59% discount apparently.

No experience with them at all but I'd hazard a guess that:

a) they're not bespoke
b) they're not english
c) they're not hand-made
d) they're not discounted 59%

But I suspect they may well deliver to your door.
post #33992 of 54902
Quote:
Originally Posted by lennier View Post


No experience with them at all but I'd hazard a guess that:

a) they're not bespoke
b) they're not english
c) they're not hand-made
d) they're not discounted 59%

But I suspect they may well deliver to your door.

This is what i am thinking, but was hoping someone might say,, they are great and thats a great deal for a great suit :)

 

Edit: after a little search it seems this is actually the company http://www.himarkmartintailors.com/home.php

 

And here is the deal

http://www.scoopon.com.au/deals/46624/delivered---bespoke-tailored-wool-suit?skipwall=1&utm_source=scoopon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsnational

post #33993 of 54902
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasnostyle View Post

This is what i am thinking, but was hoping someone might say,, they are great and thats a great deal for a great suit smile.gif
Edit: after a little search it seems this is actually the company http://www.himarkmartintailors.com/home.php
And here is the deal
http://www.scoopon.com.au/deals/46624/delivered---bespoke-tailored-wool-suit?skipwall=1&utm_source=scoopon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsnational

Just to add to your excitement:
Quote:
ACCC drags Scoopon into court over claims the group buying site misled businesses
Friday, 05 July 2013 11:16
The competition watchdog has started legal proceedings against online group buying site Scoopon in the Federal Court. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission alleges Scoopon engaged in misleading and deceptive conduct and made false and misleading representations to businesses and consumers.
The ACCC is pursuing Scoopon after receiving a "significant number of complaints" about the group buying industry which mainly involves "daily deal" or "deal of the day" sites.
The watchdog claims Scoopon represented to businesses that there was no cost or risk involved in running a deal with Scoopon, when a fee was payable to Scoopon.
It claims Scoopon misled businesses by claiming that between 20% and 30% of vouchers would not be redeemed when there was no reasonable basis for this representation.
The ACCC also alleges Scoopon misled consumers regarding their ability to redeem vouchers, their refund rights, and the price of goods advertised in relation to some of its deals.
ACCC chairman Rod Sims said online competition and consumer issues are a compliance and enforcement priority for the watchdog.
"Businesses must have reasonable grounds when making representations to consumers and to other businesses," he said in a statement.
The ACCC is seeking declarations, injunctions, community service orders, pecuniary penalties and costs.
post #33994 of 54902
So a) to c) were right, at the very least.
Typical asian travelling MTM tailor. Quality could be anywhere on the scale.
post #33995 of 54902
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Just as its possible to walk into a room and know that nothing decided here will make a difference.

I stopped going to these meetings.
post #33996 of 54902

Nothing like a little reality check to bring my expectations back down to earth

post #33997 of 54902
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasnostyle View Post

Nothing like a little reality check to bring my expectations back down to earth

If it sounds too good to be true...
post #33998 of 54902
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasnostyle View Post

This is what i am thinking, but was hoping someone might say,, they are great and thats a great deal for a great suit smile.gif

Edit: after a little search it seems this is actually the company http://www.himarkmartintailors.com/home.php


And here is the deal
http://www.scoopon.com.au/deals/46624/delivered---bespoke-tailored-wool-suit?skipwall=1&utm_source=scoopon&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsnational

Well In that case steer well clear. I have one of those suits scoopon bought for me as a graduation present. Had it since January, dry cleaned once, already spent close to $100 on repairs as its coming apart at the seams (though I admit I've had to wear it several times a week as its the only full suit I own that fits me and need it when I go to court). The material is pretty poor quality though at least it is actually wool. Ill admit the fitting was really good. not perfect but good rnough that i didn't have any alterations done to make it look presentable when I got it. I considered getti g 2nd one just cos nothing otr fits me at all and $350 is pretty damn cheap, but ultimately decided it was better to save my pennies and go to suit shop instead. (Ill lyk if that was the right decision. Once my new suit arrives wink.gif. )
post #33999 of 54902
Hey guys, I was wondering if you'd support me in changing my name to CollinsStCowboy.

I spoke to LA Guy who said he'd be happy to change it if I can get a petition going here.

Please smile.gif
post #34000 of 54902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Hey guys, I was wondering if you'd support me in changing my name to CollinsStCowboy.

I spoke to LA Guy who said he'd be happy to change it if I can get a petition going here.

Please smile.gif

No. Don't be silly, Oli.
post #34001 of 54902
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ernesto View Post


If it sounds too good to be true...

Yeah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovlov View Post


Well In that case steer well clear. I have one of those suits scoopon bought for me as a graduation present. Had it since January, dry cleaned once, already spent close to $100 on repairs as its coming apart at the seams (though I admit I've had to wear it several times a week as its the only full suit I own that fits me and need it when I go to court). The material is pretty poor quality though at least it is actually wool. Ill admit the fitting was really good. not perfect but good rnough that i didn't have any alterations done to make it look presentable when I got it. I considered getti g 2nd one just cos nothing otr fits me at all and $350 is pretty damn cheap, but ultimately decided it was better to save my pennies and go to suit shop instead. (Ill lyk if that was the right decision. Once my new suit arrives wink.gif. )

I am also waiting on a suitshop suit

post #34002 of 54902
Last month, went to Enrico Santi, which is like 2 mins away from my office, surprised to find quite a few Loake Shoemaker Comfort Line on special at $199 per pair, so I decided it's time to upgrade my dad's and grandfather's shoe collection with 2 pairs each.

Ayr 2 black, Tweed 2 tan, Arundel 2 in black and brown.

The sales lady was quite friendly, but clearly doesn't know much about Loake, so when I said to her that Loake has a Royal Warrant, she blurbed out that Prince WIlliam wore them at his wedding.... uhoh.gif So I decided to steer the conversation elsewhere.

The shoe market just be doing pretty tough in Australia last few year, they actually had 3 stores before, now only one left on Pitt Street.

post #34003 of 54902

The ones at the front remind me of AE Bourban strands

post #34004 of 54902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris2012 View Post

The ones at the front remind me of AE Bourban strands

At that price point, Loakes compare quite well with AE.
post #34005 of 54902
Quote:
Originally Posted by acinod View Post

Going to the snow tomorrow (Mansfield) and I realise I have NO snow gear. Where can I purchase some snow gear that will keep me warm for 2 days at the snow? I'm thinking of heading out to Aldi and Raysoutdoors to see what they have but any tips on what to wear at the snow would be greatly appreciated.

Aldi had some fantastic snow gear in their the other day. 20k/20k jacket for 89 that looked very similar to my 350$ 686 jacket...could've been made in the same factory. Highly recommended. Unfortunately it's impossible to tell if a store will have any stock without going in.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members