What colour and type of shirts do you guys tend to go for at night time (pub, dinner with jacket), and what kind of things should I do to my suit and tie combo to make it less business and more dressy? ie white shirt?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2250post #33736 of 609847/1/13 at 10:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33737 of 609847/1/13 at 10:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by StormzorsQuote:
Good thinking, I called Herringbone and they use uno mode whilst henry bucks use Katrinas. Decisions! I'm leaning towards Katrinas.
I had stuff done at Katrinas relatively recently and it was decent enough, certainly both cheaper and better work than that from the butchers that M J Bale use.post #33738 of 609847/1/13 at 10:50pm
I went to Carbone to have some jackets and shirts done last year. They took for-freaking-ever because he prioritises tailoring over alterations every time. After waiting weeks I collected my shirts and went down to Sam's in Docklands. I had them back the next day.
Oh, and Carbone charges like a wounded bull.post #33739 of 609847/1/13 at 11:03pmpost #33740 of 609847/1/13 at 11:08pm
Hey guys, ran into a few people, met a few more and got PM'd by some more about a meet up. Apologies for the late update, but you know - life happens.
This Thursday (4th of July)
6pm - Supper Club (Level 1/161 Spring St)
I can only hand around for an hour, but I hope to see plenty of you.
Questions, objections, thoughts, feelings, etc just post or PM, or text/call (if you've got my digits).
Again, sorry for the late notice, was trying to juggle a few things!post #33741 of 609847/1/13 at 11:15pmQuote:
always depends on your personal style
Im a white shirt guy - clean, crisp, layers well and is versatile. Sometimes id wear a semi cutaway, longer point white shirt with tie and suit to work, come home, throw on a pair of jeans, sports coat, remove the tie and put on some brown suede boots and im ready to roll for the evening.
plus its the the brad pitt, ryan gosling, george clooney crew staple and chicks love thempost #33742 of 609847/1/13 at 11:19pmpost #33743 of 609847/1/13 at 11:34pmpost #33744 of 609847/1/13 at 11:38pm
Not sure if this is flagrantly incorrect, but has anyone had success with those online MTM suit places? I'm thinking of taking the plunge by seeing if they can handle a simple white shirt first, kind of like Giotto's circle test. :p
The suit itself will be an experiment of sorts to try a particular set of details i have in mind.
Edited by Cubits - 7/2/13 at 12:23ampost #33745 of 609847/1/13 at 11:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by suttonzach
For those who sometimes go down the flash sale route, Gilt currently has a free international shipping promo with the use of the code INTLFS at checkout. Current items of note for sale include Brooks Bros / Corneliani suiting, Incotex Ivory trousers, Paul Smith/Bally/Loake footwear, Gucci/YSL shirting, Gant Rugger chinos, and J Brand/Nudie/Naked & Famous denim.
Where are you getting that information? My Gilt email says none of that.post #33746 of 609847/2/13 at 12:17ampost #33747 of 609847/2/13 at 12:21ampost #33748 of 609847/2/13 at 12:28ampost #33749 of 609847/2/13 at 12:32ampost #33750 of 609847/2/13 at 12:43am
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Quality mens shoes under $500 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 3 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Swaine Adeney Brigg briefcase for sale 7 minutes ago
- › CAROL CHRISTIAN POELL 8 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 11 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 12 minutes ago
- › UrbanCompositions's Menswear Compilation 13 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan