What colour and type of shirts do you guys tend to go for at night time (pub, dinner with jacket), and what kind of things should I do to my suit and tie combo to make it less business and more dressy? ie white shirt?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2250post #33736 of 645737/1/13 at 10:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33737 of 645737/1/13 at 10:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by StormzorsQuote:
Good thinking, I called Herringbone and they use uno mode whilst henry bucks use Katrinas. Decisions! I'm leaning towards Katrinas.
I had stuff done at Katrinas relatively recently and it was decent enough, certainly both cheaper and better work than that from the butchers that M J Bale use.post #33738 of 645737/1/13 at 10:50pm
I went to Carbone to have some jackets and shirts done last year. They took for-freaking-ever because he prioritises tailoring over alterations every time. After waiting weeks I collected my shirts and went down to Sam's in Docklands. I had them back the next day.
Oh, and Carbone charges like a wounded bull.post #33739 of 645737/1/13 at 11:03pmpost #33740 of 645737/1/13 at 11:08pm
Hey guys, ran into a few people, met a few more and got PM'd by some more about a meet up. Apologies for the late update, but you know - life happens.
This Thursday (4th of July)
6pm - Supper Club (Level 1/161 Spring St)
I can only hand around for an hour, but I hope to see plenty of you.
Questions, objections, thoughts, feelings, etc just post or PM, or text/call (if you've got my digits).
Again, sorry for the late notice, was trying to juggle a few things!post #33741 of 645737/1/13 at 11:15pmQuote:
always depends on your personal style
Im a white shirt guy - clean, crisp, layers well and is versatile. Sometimes id wear a semi cutaway, longer point white shirt with tie and suit to work, come home, throw on a pair of jeans, sports coat, remove the tie and put on some brown suede boots and im ready to roll for the evening.
plus its the the brad pitt, ryan gosling, george clooney crew staple and chicks love thempost #33742 of 645737/1/13 at 11:19pmpost #33743 of 645737/1/13 at 11:34pmpost #33744 of 645737/1/13 at 11:38pm
Not sure if this is flagrantly incorrect, but has anyone had success with those online MTM suit places? I'm thinking of taking the plunge by seeing if they can handle a simple white shirt first, kind of like Giotto's circle test. :p
The suit itself will be an experiment of sorts to try a particular set of details i have in mind.
Edited by Cubits - 7/2/13 at 12:23ampost #33745 of 645737/1/13 at 11:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by suttonzach
For those who sometimes go down the flash sale route, Gilt currently has a free international shipping promo with the use of the code INTLFS at checkout. Current items of note for sale include Brooks Bros / Corneliani suiting, Incotex Ivory trousers, Paul Smith/Bally/Loake footwear, Gucci/YSL shirting, Gant Rugger chinos, and J Brand/Nudie/Naked & Famous denim.
Where are you getting that information? My Gilt email says none of that.post #33746 of 645737/2/13 at 12:17ampost #33747 of 645737/2/13 at 12:21ampost #33748 of 645737/2/13 at 12:28ampost #33749 of 645737/2/13 at 12:32ampost #33750 of 645737/2/13 at 12:43am
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › A Plea for Help - Wardrobe Creation 1 minute ago
- › Shoe Antiquing 2 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 4 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 6 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 8 minutes ago
- › Why wear a wrist watch when you could easily consult your phone for... 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015