What colour and type of shirts do you guys tend to go for at night time (pub, dinner with jacket), and what kind of things should I do to my suit and tie combo to make it less business and more dressy? ie white shirt?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2250post #33736 of 679467/1/13 at 10:15pmpost #33737 of 679467/1/13 at 10:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by StormzorsQuote:
Good thinking, I called Herringbone and they use uno mode whilst henry bucks use Katrinas. Decisions! I'm leaning towards Katrinas.
I had stuff done at Katrinas relatively recently and it was decent enough, certainly both cheaper and better work than that from the butchers that M J Bale use.post #33738 of 679467/1/13 at 10:50pm
I went to Carbone to have some jackets and shirts done last year. They took for-freaking-ever because he prioritises tailoring over alterations every time. After waiting weeks I collected my shirts and went down to Sam's in Docklands. I had them back the next day.
Oh, and Carbone charges like a wounded bull.post #33739 of 679467/1/13 at 11:03pmpost #33740 of 679467/1/13 at 11:08pm
Hey guys, ran into a few people, met a few more and got PM'd by some more about a meet up. Apologies for the late update, but you know - life happens.
This Thursday (4th of July)
6pm - Supper Club (Level 1/161 Spring St)
I can only hand around for an hour, but I hope to see plenty of you.
Questions, objections, thoughts, feelings, etc just post or PM, or text/call (if you've got my digits).
Again, sorry for the late notice, was trying to juggle a few things!post #33741 of 679467/1/13 at 11:15pmQuote:
always depends on your personal style
Im a white shirt guy - clean, crisp, layers well and is versatile. Sometimes id wear a semi cutaway, longer point white shirt with tie and suit to work, come home, throw on a pair of jeans, sports coat, remove the tie and put on some brown suede boots and im ready to roll for the evening.
plus its the the brad pitt, ryan gosling, george clooney crew staple and chicks love thempost #33742 of 679467/1/13 at 11:19pmpost #33743 of 679467/1/13 at 11:34pmpost #33744 of 679467/1/13 at 11:38pm
Not sure if this is flagrantly incorrect, but has anyone had success with those online MTM suit places? I'm thinking of taking the plunge by seeing if they can handle a simple white shirt first, kind of like Giotto's circle test. :p
The suit itself will be an experiment of sorts to try a particular set of details i have in mind.
Edited by Cubits - 7/2/13 at 12:23ampost #33745 of 679467/1/13 at 11:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by suttonzach
For those who sometimes go down the flash sale route, Gilt currently has a free international shipping promo with the use of the code INTLFS at checkout. Current items of note for sale include Brooks Bros / Corneliani suiting, Incotex Ivory trousers, Paul Smith/Bally/Loake footwear, Gucci/YSL shirting, Gant Rugger chinos, and J Brand/Nudie/Naked & Famous denim.
Where are you getting that information? My Gilt email says none of that.post #33746 of 679467/2/13 at 12:17ampost #33747 of 679467/2/13 at 12:21ampost #33748 of 679467/2/13 at 12:28ampost #33749 of 679467/2/13 at 12:32ampost #33750 of 679467/2/13 at 12:43am
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › The Home Ownership Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 5 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part two (Rolex, Patek Philippe, ... 5 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 7 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Yanko - Made In Spain Shoes 12 minutes ago
- › Maison Margiela line 11 leather belt 16 minutes ago
- › Antonio Meccariello Shoes 17 minutes ago
- › Men’s The Original 3” Boxerjock® Boxer Briefs... by Alper
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...