What colour and type of shirts do you guys tend to go for at night time (pub, dinner with jacket), and what kind of things should I do to my suit and tie combo to make it less business and more dressy? ie white shirt?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2250post #33736 of 633917/1/13 at 10:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33737 of 633917/1/13 at 10:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by StormzorsQuote:
Good thinking, I called Herringbone and they use uno mode whilst henry bucks use Katrinas. Decisions! I'm leaning towards Katrinas.
I had stuff done at Katrinas relatively recently and it was decent enough, certainly both cheaper and better work than that from the butchers that M J Bale use.post #33738 of 633917/1/13 at 10:50pm
I went to Carbone to have some jackets and shirts done last year. They took for-freaking-ever because he prioritises tailoring over alterations every time. After waiting weeks I collected my shirts and went down to Sam's in Docklands. I had them back the next day.
Oh, and Carbone charges like a wounded bull.post #33739 of 633917/1/13 at 11:03pmpost #33740 of 633917/1/13 at 11:08pm
Hey guys, ran into a few people, met a few more and got PM'd by some more about a meet up. Apologies for the late update, but you know - life happens.
This Thursday (4th of July)
6pm - Supper Club (Level 1/161 Spring St)
I can only hand around for an hour, but I hope to see plenty of you.
Questions, objections, thoughts, feelings, etc just post or PM, or text/call (if you've got my digits).
Again, sorry for the late notice, was trying to juggle a few things!post #33741 of 633917/1/13 at 11:15pmQuote:
always depends on your personal style
Im a white shirt guy - clean, crisp, layers well and is versatile. Sometimes id wear a semi cutaway, longer point white shirt with tie and suit to work, come home, throw on a pair of jeans, sports coat, remove the tie and put on some brown suede boots and im ready to roll for the evening.
plus its the the brad pitt, ryan gosling, george clooney crew staple and chicks love thempost #33742 of 633917/1/13 at 11:19pmpost #33743 of 633917/1/13 at 11:34pmpost #33744 of 633917/1/13 at 11:38pm
Not sure if this is flagrantly incorrect, but has anyone had success with those online MTM suit places? I'm thinking of taking the plunge by seeing if they can handle a simple white shirt first, kind of like Giotto's circle test. :p
The suit itself will be an experiment of sorts to try a particular set of details i have in mind.
Edited by Cubits - 7/2/13 at 12:23ampost #33745 of 633917/1/13 at 11:46pmQuote:Originally Posted by suttonzach
For those who sometimes go down the flash sale route, Gilt currently has a free international shipping promo with the use of the code INTLFS at checkout. Current items of note for sale include Brooks Bros / Corneliani suiting, Incotex Ivory trousers, Paul Smith/Bally/Loake footwear, Gucci/YSL shirting, Gant Rugger chinos, and J Brand/Nudie/Naked & Famous denim.
Where are you getting that information? My Gilt email says none of that.post #33746 of 633917/2/13 at 12:17ampost #33747 of 633917/2/13 at 12:21ampost #33748 of 633917/2/13 at 12:28ampost #33749 of 633917/2/13 at 12:32ampost #33750 of 633917/2/13 at 12:43am
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 47 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Visvim Poll 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 7 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 9 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Sunglasses MEGATHREAD - all sunglass questions here please 16 minutes ago
- › Friday Challenge: Creative Business Casual 16 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 18 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 21 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...