or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2232

post #33466 of 57132
I saw a guy in the CBD with an Asos tweed suit. He looked great. I looked online and there are some great options such as this.

$200 for a wool blend suit in interesting styles and fabrics. Is this what menswear in Melbourne has driven me to!?!? uhoh.gif
post #33467 of 57132
FREE to a good home

2 pair of wool worsted double pleated trousers in used but good nick.
Not worn for about 5 years or more.
Size 34 /35, inseam about 30 - 31. One pair dark steel grey, one olive/greenish, both mid weight.

Can do measurements exactly if interested when I get back from Pitti
post #33468 of 57132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post

By 'heftier man' are we describing a prop or second rower? As a middle aged former breakaway I would recommend http://stores.ebay.com.au/Kathys-Scottish-Designer-Knitwear try if your after XL or XXL
Thanks this stuff looks great. But their measurements don't match what I expected (rlp xxl was too small for me but I'm about a 49-50 shirt wise). Should the knitwear be the same ( and this eBay store is just abnormally large in their sizing) or should I be ordering a size up to account for it being over my shirt? Sry for the newbie questions but this is the first piece knitwear I've purchased ever I think. Always relied on hoodies and jackets.
post #33469 of 57132
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post


Can do measurements exactly if interested when I get back from Pitti

 

Are you doing ok, after all that no-socks business in Pitti?

post #33470 of 57132
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post

X-post from the WAYWN thread...

At home in my library after coming home from an afternoon tea at my club recently.



Suit: Amy Yang MTM.
Shirt: Tailorstore MTM.
Socks: Pantherella.
Shoes: Shanghai Tianzi MTM.
 

 

Mr Wraith, are you able to provide (or link if you have already done so) a detailed review and more detailed pictures of some of these shoes. If they are everything you say they are, I want to get on board before this turns into a Meermin round 2 shitstorm.

post #33471 of 57132

Hey guys, looking for some advice. Bought a pair of brown chinos today, just wondering what colour/style of shoes I should go for.

 

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, pretty new here!
 

post #33472 of 57132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duxnuts View Post

Hey guys, looking for some advice. Bought a pair of brown chinos today, just wondering what colour/style of shoes I should go for.

 

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, pretty new here!
 

 

Interestingly, I've been having a think about this as well, after picking up my brown suit.

 

I've only ventured into black shoes with the brown suit. I wouldn't personally go with any other coloured shoes for a formal (work) setting.

 

You're in chinos, so white sneakers sound plausible. As does dark green, or navy shoes. Of course, it will also depend on what the rest of the ensemble looks like.

post #33473 of 57132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duxnuts View Post

Hey guys, looking for some advice. Bought a pair of brown chinos today, just wondering what colour/style of shoes I should go for.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, pretty new here!

 

Hey Duxnuts - ox blood can be a great alternative to black
post #33474 of 57132

Wearing it on a date this Sat, was going to wear them with a nice colared blue/white stripped button up shirt. I was thinking brown shoes but then thought it might be too much brown. Maybe white sneakers. Can you get the soft leather slip-ons in Oxblood usually?
 

post #33475 of 57132

Where do we all get our haircuts?

I'm from Melbourne and been cutting my hair in Footscray for $5-10 my whole life. Looking for a change, i'm asian but my hair is curly and frizzy; I want a more mature haircut because the vietnamese woman in Footscray keep cutting my hair like I'm a gangster...

post #33476 of 57132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duxnuts View Post

Wearing it on a date this Sat, was going to wear them with a nice colared blue/white stripped button up shirt. I was thinking brown shoes but then thought it might be too much brown. Maybe white sneakers. Can you get the soft leather slip-ons in Oxblood usually?
 

 

how dark is the brown?

 

as aforementioned, oxblood would be great in a split toe blucher.

post #33477 of 57132
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWraith View Post

Online MTM, though you can certainly go to them as well if you're able. I sent them an outline of the soles of my feet, measured various points of the soles of my feet and supplied overall measurements of key areas of my feet. Obviously, getting it all done in person is better, but the shoes fit me perfectly, they nailed it, and for $221, I'm thrilled biggrin.gif I have three pairs of shoes from them so far, with more to come.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DartagnanRed View Post
Mr Wraith, are you able to provide (or link if you have already done so) a detailed review and more detailed pictures of some of these shoes. If they are everything you say they are, I want to get on board before this turns into a Meermin round 2 shitstorm.

+1 .. i would be interested to see more pics and details Wraith. Was the $221 a recent price? How long have you had your oldest pair for and are they still going strong? I would like to know more about how you measured your foot and if the more recent pairs fit better than previous if you have adjusted your measurements since your first pair.

Any info would be appreciated

post #33478 of 57132
Quote:
Originally Posted by acinod View Post

Where do we all get our haircuts?
I'm from Melbourne and been cutting my hair in Footscray for $5-10 my whole life. Looking for a change, i'm asian but my hair is curly and frizzy; I want a more mature haircut because the vietnamese woman in Footscray keep cutting my hair like I'm a gangster...

I love Aidan Joseph hair, he's a bit more expensive but well worth it. My hair is beautiful.
post #33479 of 57132
Saw a lovely unstructured Boglioli in honeycomb at HB yesterday, but at $1200 it's a little hard to swallow. I need a business trip OS.

Grant
post #33480 of 57132
Quote:
Originally Posted by acinod View Post

Where do we all get our haircuts?
I'm from Melbourne and been cutting my hair in Footscray for $5-10 my whole life. Looking for a change, i'm asian but my hair is curly and frizzy; I want a more mature haircut because the vietnamese woman in Footscray keep cutting my hair like I'm a gangster...
Wtf - I pay more than that for a good bowl of pho.

Curly and frizzy ozian? Pics needed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members