or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2228

post #33406 of 53409
Newbie here.

Grabbed a pair of RL C&J Marlow wingtips for $360 on the weekend from the RL store on Collins St - as none of my IRL friends care about this sort of stuff I thought I'd come on here to share my excitement!
post #33407 of 53409
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by suttonzach View Post

Newbie here.

Grabbed a pair of RL C&J Marlow wingtips for $360 on the weekend from the RL store on Collins St - as none of my IRL friends care about this sort of stuff I thought I'd come on here to share my excitement!

Well, you know what to do. Pics or it never happened.
post #33408 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by suttonzach View Post

Newbie here.

Grabbed a pair of RL C&J Marlow wingtips for $360 on the weekend from the RL store on Collins St - as none of my IRL friends care about this sort of stuff I thought I'd come on here to share my excitement!

WAT. I didn't even know they were stocked in this country (although I am from Sydney, which has significantly poorer stock).

post #33409 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 
Well, you know what to do. Pics or it never happened.

+1

 

You got a mighty fine deal, Sir.

post #33410 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

Anyone on linkedin and want to connect? PM me and ill share my profile with you. Just getting the hang of this thing

 

Whoa cowboy, gotta buy me a drink first

post #33411 of 53409

Just joined. Hi all :)

 

Melbourne resident here.

Thought i'd join the forum since i've been sporting a new look since about the end of march. Still building up staples, and what not, but everything is going just dandy.

post #33412 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Well, you know what to do. Pics or it never happened.

post #33413 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by suttonzach View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
 
Well, you know what to do. Pics or it never happened.

 

Any chance they had more? :D

post #33414 of 53409
joiji - quite possibly! They also had a loafer and a blucher style lace-up at $350 (was $849) and $360 (was $899) respectively.
post #33415 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

+1

You got a mighty fine deal, Sir.

Thanks nabilmust - must say my pocketbook is far lighter thanks to so many great EOFY deals over the last 3-4 weeks...
post #33416 of 53409
I have all the new goodies safe and sound. Couple of dissapointments (1 x grenadine and 1 x knit has been produced in the wrong colour) but otherwise all good.

On the plus side, the rest of the grenadines, knits and all the new Macclesfields are absolutely fantastic.

Quick photo of the sample flannels from my camera. More comprehensive and better ones will come in the coming days.

post #33417 of 53409
Anyone looking for a navy SC could do much, much worse than this one from TM Lewin, currently on sale at $239: http://www.tmlewin.com.au/Como-Blue-Casual-Jacket/46509,en_AU,pd.html

The fabric is a nice open, textured weave. More of a warm weather fabric, but hey, Summer is Coming (...eventually).
post #33418 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

 

Whoa cowboy, gotta buy me a drink first

Dont get this confused with your GRINDR app  bwhaha

post #33419 of 53409
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

I have all the new goodies safe and sound. Couple of dissapointments (1 x grenadine and 1 x knit has been produced in the wrong colour) but otherwise all good.

On the plus side, the rest of the grenadines, knits and all the new Macclesfields are absolutely fantastic.

Quick photo of the sample flannels from my camera. More comprehensive and better ones will come in the coming days.

 

Wow, that's beautiful Jason, any chance I can reserve a pair in size 32 for when they come in? biggrin.gif

 

I think the 'd-ring' side adjusters look more elegant than the ones with the clip, but I feel they tend to slip more because of the smooth surface of the ring, which means you have to pull on them more tightly?

post #33420 of 53409

Guys - I need some new socks. Normally I'd go to Howard Yount, but the thread is giving me the heebie jeebies, and it looks like his Summer collection doesn't have much by way of wool OTC. Point 2 for Berg & Berg is the same, and http://meschaussettesrouges.com/ doesn't have a great range of woolens either.

 

Normally I'd go to Jason but I'm not a fan of Pantherella (sorry).

 

The Criteria:

 

1) OTC

2) Wool

3) Under $30/pair

4) Good range of styles

5) Doesn't charge $70 like customshirt1.com.

 

I'll shout you a pair if you can help me out :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members