Suit vests - self-back or same as lining of suit?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2214
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33197 of 621166/18/13 at 9:50pmQuote:
I generally like a bit of bright contrast lining with my suits and it doesn't look very good on a standalone vest once I have taken off the jacket. I prefer self-back or even same fabric as it looks cleaner.post #33198 of 621166/18/13 at 9:55pmQuote:
I've got a few RL Polo or RL Purple Label suits with waistcoats, and all of the waistcoats for those suits are backed with the same fabric used for the suit lining.
However, with my three-piece suit from Deer Style, I went with a self-backed waistcoat as it looks cleaner when you're not wearing your jacket.
Also, with the waistcoat of the Deer Style made-to-order suit, I omitted the back adjuster on the waistcoat as I didn't see any point to it.post #33199 of 621166/18/13 at 10:05pmpost #33200 of 621166/18/13 at 10:11pmQuote:
I go same lining as suit. Learnt the hard way to tone down the lining.... I find a smoky blue/grey works quite nicely with a dark brown or grey suit.
I have a two piece lined with a really nice matt dark red slubby shantung and I'd love something like that for the back of vest.post #33201 of 621166/18/13 at 10:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist
1. Jacket Sleeves are a tad tight (see my comment above);
2. Charles cuts his right shirt sleeve a tad larger to accommodate my watch (which I was not wearing)
3. Coxaca, re-waist tightness: with the changes Pat made, it's comfortable enough even after a full meal. Trust me; I'm a consultant.
4. I do not have nice ankles and will stick to socks, thanks. But strumpy brogues rock!
5. True genius is better than false genius.
Are you.. GW?Quote:Originally Posted by AriGold
Man i wore my nice cordovan aldens out to the ivy last friday afterwork and the toilets there are disgusting - i suppose people can't aim after a certain number of drinks. Anyways after about 5 trips to the restroom and 5 too many old fashioneds, i realised my soles have been dampened and darkened with the piss from the floor! Fuck, it is disgusting as shit. My leather soles are black now.
Are my shoes ruined? or should i resole them? Or should i just wear cheap pointy guido shoes to the ivy next time? I'm very sad because everytime i touch the sole of my shoes when im brushing them, all i can think of is the piss that is touching my hands. Please help
Aye, don't fret mate. It just happened that you saw what you stepped on. All the other times when you're walking on the roads, pavements, corridors, fields, you just don't know what you're possibly stepping on.Quote:
Mr Porter's service is, IMHO, the epitome of customer service. Not just compared to other online retailers, but across the board.Quote:
All of them.
Yes. Please. They'll be perfect for warmer climes (personal vested interest because I keep going back to Singapore).post #33202 of 621166/18/13 at 10:34pmQuote:
370 is heavy!Quote:
Come over for a coffee, we pick cloths and then we shall name it the Nabilmust Slingapore Sling Popover Speciale Edizione
No jokes !post #33203 of 621166/18/13 at 10:59pmpost #33204 of 621166/18/13 at 11:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
Wasnt valid when I tried the multibuy, will retry, I love their poorly coded website.
What do people think of this suit, with the GQ code, Osaka cut for $560
Lapels are very skinny, much skinnier than other HB suits.post #33205 of 621166/18/13 at 11:22pmpost #33206 of 621166/18/13 at 11:23pmpost #33207 of 621166/18/13 at 11:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
Lapels much too narrow for my tastes. I noticed that Herringbone introduced a couple of different lapel widths a year or two back and (in my humble opinion), they've really spoiled a couple of good suits by making the lapels too narrow, including a really nice grey nailhead weave suit that they had last year.
Yeah relooking at it now they do appear to be on the Skinny side, didnt notice previously, cheers for the feedbackpost #33208 of 621166/19/13 at 3:03amQuote:
If ou can find it, there is a nice mid-gray chalk stripe suit with the traditional wide lapels on an Osaka fit. It a two-button and not a 3-roll-2 but I can live with that more than I can, anaemic lapels.post #33209 of 621166/19/13 at 3:19am
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › The mind of a wife who had never been a mother 2 minutes ago
- › All Natural, Non-Toxic, Shoe Polish 9 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 23 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 25 minutes ago
- › The "Actively Discovering 'New' Brands" Thread 27 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 29 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 30 minutes ago
- › Tips On Beauty And Makeup During The Period Of Summer 31 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan