Suit vests - self-back or same as lining of suit?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2214
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33197 of 665006/18/13 at 9:50pmQuote:
I generally like a bit of bright contrast lining with my suits and it doesn't look very good on a standalone vest once I have taken off the jacket. I prefer self-back or even same fabric as it looks cleaner.post #33198 of 665006/18/13 at 9:55pmQuote:
I've got a few RL Polo or RL Purple Label suits with waistcoats, and all of the waistcoats for those suits are backed with the same fabric used for the suit lining.
However, with my three-piece suit from Deer Style, I went with a self-backed waistcoat as it looks cleaner when you're not wearing your jacket.
Also, with the waistcoat of the Deer Style made-to-order suit, I omitted the back adjuster on the waistcoat as I didn't see any point to it.post #33199 of 665006/18/13 at 10:05pmpost #33200 of 665006/18/13 at 10:11pmQuote:
I go same lining as suit. Learnt the hard way to tone down the lining.... I find a smoky blue/grey works quite nicely with a dark brown or grey suit.
I have a two piece lined with a really nice matt dark red slubby shantung and I'd love something like that for the back of vest.post #33201 of 665006/18/13 at 10:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist
1. Jacket Sleeves are a tad tight (see my comment above);
2. Charles cuts his right shirt sleeve a tad larger to accommodate my watch (which I was not wearing)
3. Coxaca, re-waist tightness: with the changes Pat made, it's comfortable enough even after a full meal. Trust me; I'm a consultant.
4. I do not have nice ankles and will stick to socks, thanks. But strumpy brogues rock!
5. True genius is better than false genius.
Are you.. GW?Quote:Originally Posted by AriGold
Man i wore my nice cordovan aldens out to the ivy last friday afterwork and the toilets there are disgusting - i suppose people can't aim after a certain number of drinks. Anyways after about 5 trips to the restroom and 5 too many old fashioneds, i realised my soles have been dampened and darkened with the piss from the floor! Fuck, it is disgusting as shit. My leather soles are black now.
Are my shoes ruined? or should i resole them? Or should i just wear cheap pointy guido shoes to the ivy next time? I'm very sad because everytime i touch the sole of my shoes when im brushing them, all i can think of is the piss that is touching my hands. Please help
Aye, don't fret mate. It just happened that you saw what you stepped on. All the other times when you're walking on the roads, pavements, corridors, fields, you just don't know what you're possibly stepping on.Quote:
Mr Porter's service is, IMHO, the epitome of customer service. Not just compared to other online retailers, but across the board.Quote:
All of them.
Yes. Please. They'll be perfect for warmer climes (personal vested interest because I keep going back to Singapore).post #33202 of 665006/18/13 at 10:34pmQuote:
370 is heavy!Quote:
Come over for a coffee, we pick cloths and then we shall name it the Nabilmust Slingapore Sling Popover Speciale Edizione
No jokes !post #33203 of 665006/18/13 at 10:59pmpost #33204 of 665006/18/13 at 11:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
Wasnt valid when I tried the multibuy, will retry, I love their poorly coded website.
What do people think of this suit, with the GQ code, Osaka cut for $560
Lapels are very skinny, much skinnier than other HB suits.post #33205 of 665006/18/13 at 11:22pmpost #33206 of 665006/18/13 at 11:23pmpost #33207 of 665006/18/13 at 11:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
Lapels much too narrow for my tastes. I noticed that Herringbone introduced a couple of different lapel widths a year or two back and (in my humble opinion), they've really spoiled a couple of good suits by making the lapels too narrow, including a really nice grey nailhead weave suit that they had last year.
Yeah relooking at it now they do appear to be on the Skinny side, didnt notice previously, cheers for the feedbackpost #33208 of 665006/19/13 at 3:03amQuote:
If ou can find it, there is a nice mid-gray chalk stripe suit with the traditional wide lapels on an Osaka fit. It a two-button and not a 3-roll-2 but I can live with that more than I can, anaemic lapels.post #33209 of 665006/19/13 at 3:19am
- Australian Members
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 36 seconds ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 2 minutes ago
- › Heavy smartphones and suits/sports jackets 2 minutes ago
- › Styleforum Gives 2015 - Our annual holiday charity auctions for the... 6 minutes ago
- › Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0,... 14 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 30 minutes ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 35 minutes ago
- › Bespoke shoes - Calzoleria Riccardo Borella 37 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 41 minutes ago
- › SPIER & MACKAY - Official Affiliate Thread 45 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories