Suit vests - self-back or same as lining of suit?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2214
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33197 of 538626/18/13 at 9:50pmQuote:
I generally like a bit of bright contrast lining with my suits and it doesn't look very good on a standalone vest once I have taken off the jacket. I prefer self-back or even same fabric as it looks cleaner.post #33198 of 538626/18/13 at 9:55pmQuote:
I've got a few RL Polo or RL Purple Label suits with waistcoats, and all of the waistcoats for those suits are backed with the same fabric used for the suit lining.
However, with my three-piece suit from Deer Style, I went with a self-backed waistcoat as it looks cleaner when you're not wearing your jacket.
Also, with the waistcoat of the Deer Style made-to-order suit, I omitted the back adjuster on the waistcoat as I didn't see any point to it.post #33199 of 538626/18/13 at 10:05pmpost #33200 of 538626/18/13 at 10:11pmQuote:
I go same lining as suit. Learnt the hard way to tone down the lining.... I find a smoky blue/grey works quite nicely with a dark brown or grey suit.
I have a two piece lined with a really nice matt dark red slubby shantung and I'd love something like that for the back of vest.post #33201 of 538626/18/13 at 10:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist
1. Jacket Sleeves are a tad tight (see my comment above);
2. Charles cuts his right shirt sleeve a tad larger to accommodate my watch (which I was not wearing)
3. Coxaca, re-waist tightness: with the changes Pat made, it's comfortable enough even after a full meal. Trust me; I'm a consultant.
4. I do not have nice ankles and will stick to socks, thanks. But strumpy brogues rock!
5. True genius is better than false genius.
Are you.. GW?Quote:Originally Posted by AriGold
Man i wore my nice cordovan aldens out to the ivy last friday afterwork and the toilets there are disgusting - i suppose people can't aim after a certain number of drinks. Anyways after about 5 trips to the restroom and 5 too many old fashioneds, i realised my soles have been dampened and darkened with the piss from the floor! Fuck, it is disgusting as shit. My leather soles are black now.
Are my shoes ruined? or should i resole them? Or should i just wear cheap pointy guido shoes to the ivy next time? I'm very sad because everytime i touch the sole of my shoes when im brushing them, all i can think of is the piss that is touching my hands. Please help
Aye, don't fret mate. It just happened that you saw what you stepped on. All the other times when you're walking on the roads, pavements, corridors, fields, you just don't know what you're possibly stepping on.Quote:
Mr Porter's service is, IMHO, the epitome of customer service. Not just compared to other online retailers, but across the board.Quote:
All of them.
Yes. Please. They'll be perfect for warmer climes (personal vested interest because I keep going back to Singapore).post #33202 of 538626/18/13 at 10:34pmQuote:
370 is heavy!Quote:
Come over for a coffee, we pick cloths and then we shall name it the Nabilmust Slingapore Sling Popover Speciale Edizione
No jokes !post #33203 of 538626/18/13 at 10:59pmpost #33204 of 538626/18/13 at 11:16pmQuote:Originally Posted by Osiris2012
Wasnt valid when I tried the multibuy, will retry, I love their poorly coded website.
What do people think of this suit, with the GQ code, Osaka cut for $560
Lapels are very skinny, much skinnier than other HB suits.post #33205 of 538626/18/13 at 11:22pmpost #33206 of 538626/18/13 at 11:23pmpost #33207 of 538626/18/13 at 11:37pmQuote:Originally Posted by Journeyman
Lapels much too narrow for my tastes. I noticed that Herringbone introduced a couple of different lapel widths a year or two back and (in my humble opinion), they've really spoiled a couple of good suits by making the lapels too narrow, including a really nice grey nailhead weave suit that they had last year.
Yeah relooking at it now they do appear to be on the Skinny side, didnt notice previously, cheers for the feedbackpost #33208 of 538626/19/13 at 3:03amQuote:
If ou can find it, there is a nice mid-gray chalk stripe suit with the traditional wide lapels on an Osaka fit. It a two-button and not a 3-roll-2 but I can live with that more than I can, anaemic lapels.post #33209 of 538626/19/13 at 3:19am
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 seconds ago
- › FS : TOJ A2 Brown size 48 1 minute ago
- › Bourbon. 1 minute ago
- › Master List of Casual-Shirt Brands 1 minute ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › Netflix instant movie suggestions 2 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 4 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 6 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)