Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2207
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33092 of 664826/17/13 at 12:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Rambles
I'm looking to get a bespoke and modern dinner suit from Shane Rochefort of Rochefort Tailor in Sydney.
I've seen a bit of praise and criticisms for his shirts, ties and alterations but noone has discussed their bespoke suit experiences with him.
So has anyone here ever had one done with him? Is he a decent cutter?
Thanks for any and all help,
Avoid Shane at whatever cost.
Message me if you need to hear the horror stories and all the details. This guy is a big fucken dope.post #33093 of 664826/17/13 at 12:48amQuote:Originally Posted by AriGold
Man i wore my nice cordovan aldens out to the ivy last friday afterwork and the toilets there are disgusting - i suppose people can't aim after a certain number of drinks. Anyways after about 5 trips to the restroom and 5 too many old fashioneds, i realised my soles have been dampened and darkened with the piss from the floor! Fuck, it is disgusting as shit. My leather soles are black now.
Are my shoes ruined? or should i resole them? Or should i just wear cheap pointy guido shoes to the ivy next time? I'm very sad because everytime i touch the sole of my shoes when im brushing them, all i can think of is the piss that is touching my hands. Please help
That is Gold!
Another win for Topy!
On a serious note, I would not worry too much about it. To reduce the squirm factor, I would slather some cleaner/reno all over the sole and use a disposable rag to wipe off all excess. There, good as Gold!post #33094 of 664826/17/13 at 1:05ampost #33095 of 664826/17/13 at 1:24amQuote:
If it is he looks like a slightly less intimidating Henry Rollins.
I always expected FXH to look like some kind of internet enigma - like one of those #sprezzatura guys walking a cat on a leash.post #33096 of 664826/17/13 at 1:45amQuote:
I don't really know what bokeh is, but I like to (as often as I can) try and find ways to frame the photo naturally (such as when I took a photo of a rose in front of a white wall), but hey, it's all good.post #33097 of 664826/17/13 at 2:08ampost #33098 of 664826/17/13 at 2:26amQuote:Originally Posted by fxh Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Reminder: Meetup Tuesday 18 June of La Direction générale de Melbourne de la Société des Ambianceurs et des Personnes Élégantes
You are welcome to drop in for 10 mins on the way to the train or stay until 7pm or kick on 'til later.
Details below: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)At Sofitel on Tuesday 18 June at Sofitel Lobby/Bar - Collins street - - quiet - plenty of room and bar /coffee pay for yourself.
Inside the centre go up the escalator. I'll try and reserve a set of couches etc right down near the bar and Mens Toilets! (I'll be the one sipping single malts on a bar tab named G Nelson)
The idea is to have a low key, early short meet up so its from say 5pm for 5.30pm to 7pm so we can get home in time for soup and Inspector Rex. Or kick on. It isn't a clothing competition.
Matt from SUIT SHOP has agreed to come along and bring his books and some samples.
By popular request Matt and me will give a short rant on our recent Tokyo visits at 5.30pm. Also by request I will bring along my collection of Japanese mens clothing magazines
PMs and if you would do me a favour and email me at:
with your mobile number - first name at least and online name. (otherwise I will get terribly confused as to who is who)
In case venue or something changes I will txt or ring people.
Damn, I was hoping for a meet-up In the first week of July :'(post #33099 of 664826/17/13 at 3:20amQuote:
Now - unfortunately I have to tell you that stuff you think is lint in your belly button is really mould.post #33100 of 664826/17/13 at 3:37amQuote:
Hey Matt, bokeh is just the blurring of the background while keeping the subject in focus.
This is an example (not mine):
Thank you all for the kind words - the equipment is an enabler but as GF has mentioned, a lot of it has to do with the framing and composition of the shot. People do amazing work with even a phone camera!
I'll keep trying to be better!post #33101 of 664826/17/13 at 3:41ampost #33102 of 664826/17/13 at 3:52amAs Gerry mentioned, bokeh is having a subject in focus in the foreground with a blurry background. Bokeh refers to the lack of focus. It's usually achieved by having a shallow depth of field, with tight focus in the foreground. Depending on the camera and on the focus, you can sometimes get quite pleasing dot patterns or small, hexagon-like shapes in the background as part of the bokeh and the patterns can be larger or smaller.
Curiously, bokeh originally comes from the Japanese word "boke", which means "unclear" or "hazy". I didn't realise the connection at first, partly because of the Westernised spelling, but also because, in Japanese, boke is more frequently used as a slang term for mental incapacity, akin to absent-mindedness or foolishness.
Edited by Journeyman - 6/17/13 at 4:13ampost #33103 of 664826/17/13 at 4:16ampost #33104 of 664826/17/13 at 4:28am
shameless proud moment - our popovers were featured on styleseek and just in time as the DHL man arrived this morning:)
- Australian Members
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 34 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 7 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality,... 11 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 15 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 16 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories