Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2207
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33092 of 633956/17/13 at 12:47amQuote:Originally Posted by Rambles
I'm looking to get a bespoke and modern dinner suit from Shane Rochefort of Rochefort Tailor in Sydney.
I've seen a bit of praise and criticisms for his shirts, ties and alterations but noone has discussed their bespoke suit experiences with him.
So has anyone here ever had one done with him? Is he a decent cutter?
Thanks for any and all help,
Avoid Shane at whatever cost.
Message me if you need to hear the horror stories and all the details. This guy is a big fucken dope.post #33093 of 633956/17/13 at 12:48amQuote:Originally Posted by AriGold
Man i wore my nice cordovan aldens out to the ivy last friday afterwork and the toilets there are disgusting - i suppose people can't aim after a certain number of drinks. Anyways after about 5 trips to the restroom and 5 too many old fashioneds, i realised my soles have been dampened and darkened with the piss from the floor! Fuck, it is disgusting as shit. My leather soles are black now.
Are my shoes ruined? or should i resole them? Or should i just wear cheap pointy guido shoes to the ivy next time? I'm very sad because everytime i touch the sole of my shoes when im brushing them, all i can think of is the piss that is touching my hands. Please help
That is Gold!
Another win for Topy!
On a serious note, I would not worry too much about it. To reduce the squirm factor, I would slather some cleaner/reno all over the sole and use a disposable rag to wipe off all excess. There, good as Gold!post #33094 of 633956/17/13 at 1:05ampost #33095 of 633956/17/13 at 1:24amQuote:
If it is he looks like a slightly less intimidating Henry Rollins.
I always expected FXH to look like some kind of internet enigma - like one of those #sprezzatura guys walking a cat on a leash.post #33096 of 633956/17/13 at 1:45amQuote:
I don't really know what bokeh is, but I like to (as often as I can) try and find ways to frame the photo naturally (such as when I took a photo of a rose in front of a white wall), but hey, it's all good.post #33097 of 633956/17/13 at 2:08ampost #33098 of 633956/17/13 at 2:26amQuote:Originally Posted by fxh Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Reminder: Meetup Tuesday 18 June of La Direction générale de Melbourne de la Société des Ambianceurs et des Personnes Élégantes
You are welcome to drop in for 10 mins on the way to the train or stay until 7pm or kick on 'til later.
Details below: Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)At Sofitel on Tuesday 18 June at Sofitel Lobby/Bar - Collins street - - quiet - plenty of room and bar /coffee pay for yourself.
Inside the centre go up the escalator. I'll try and reserve a set of couches etc right down near the bar and Mens Toilets! (I'll be the one sipping single malts on a bar tab named G Nelson)
The idea is to have a low key, early short meet up so its from say 5pm for 5.30pm to 7pm so we can get home in time for soup and Inspector Rex. Or kick on. It isn't a clothing competition.
Matt from SUIT SHOP has agreed to come along and bring his books and some samples.
By popular request Matt and me will give a short rant on our recent Tokyo visits at 5.30pm. Also by request I will bring along my collection of Japanese mens clothing magazines
PMs and if you would do me a favour and email me at:
with your mobile number - first name at least and online name. (otherwise I will get terribly confused as to who is who)
In case venue or something changes I will txt or ring people.
Damn, I was hoping for a meet-up In the first week of July :'(post #33099 of 633956/17/13 at 3:20amQuote:
Now - unfortunately I have to tell you that stuff you think is lint in your belly button is really mould.post #33100 of 633956/17/13 at 3:37amQuote:
Hey Matt, bokeh is just the blurring of the background while keeping the subject in focus.
This is an example (not mine):
Thank you all for the kind words - the equipment is an enabler but as GF has mentioned, a lot of it has to do with the framing and composition of the shot. People do amazing work with even a phone camera!
I'll keep trying to be better!post #33101 of 633956/17/13 at 3:41ampost #33102 of 633956/17/13 at 3:52amAs Gerry mentioned, bokeh is having a subject in focus in the foreground with a blurry background. Bokeh refers to the lack of focus. It's usually achieved by having a shallow depth of field, with tight focus in the foreground. Depending on the camera and on the focus, you can sometimes get quite pleasing dot patterns or small, hexagon-like shapes in the background as part of the bokeh and the patterns can be larger or smaller.
Curiously, bokeh originally comes from the Japanese word "boke", which means "unclear" or "hazy". I didn't realise the connection at first, partly because of the Westernised spelling, but also because, in Japanese, boke is more frequently used as a slang term for mental incapacity, akin to absent-mindedness or foolishness.
Edited by Journeyman - 6/17/13 at 4:13ampost #33103 of 633956/17/13 at 4:16ampost #33104 of 633956/17/13 at 4:28am
shameless proud moment - our popovers were featured on styleseek and just in time as the DHL man arrived this morning:)
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 24 seconds ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 26 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 40 seconds ago
- › The Official VINTAGE T SHIRT KNOWLEDGE THREAD. 1 minute ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 1 minute ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 6 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...