or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2204

post #33046 of 56005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Gerry - today's Tumblr photo was amazing, absolutely fantastic. A really great photo.

 

 

Thanks, very much, JM! I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

 

It got picked up by the Tumblr radar soon after I posted it and within a few hours, it's got 1300 or so likes/reblogs and given me a few hundred new followers. I've been told that in the next 24 hours it should be one of the images used in rotation on the Tumblr login page - needles to say, I'm still a little stunned by it all.

 

Yay cactus!

post #33047 of 56005
Thanks guys, will go with the LE as I expect chinos to be workhorses and don't expect to pay too much; just like some clarification that there is an LE return address in Australia? Even if there are returns do you reckon it's worth getting two fits or just grabbing the safer fit, talking shipping coastwise?

Sorry lots of questions smile.gif
CD- Cool article, leaving my love of Outkast out of it...
post #33048 of 56005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post


Thanks, very much, JM! I'm really happy with the way it turned out.

It got picked up by the Tumblr radar soon after I posted it and within a few hours, it's got 1300 or so likes/reblogs and given me a few hundred new followers. I've been told that in the next 24 hours it should be one of the images used in rotation on the Tumblr login page - needles to say, I'm still a little stunned by it all.

Yay cactus!

Well done Gerry. Really nice photos, no kidding.
post #33049 of 56005
Is that all just off your Sony rx100 G?

Pretty impressive
post #33050 of 56005
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist View Post


Love your enthusiasm.

And here's another offer you can't refuse:

Waterfront property in Lakemba.

Sweeping bay views; great investment potential.

Seriously.

Waterfront property in Lakemba? Sounds compelling.

 

I might take a drive by.

post #33051 of 56005
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

Really interesting article here on the cult of the Sapeur - dandies living in the Congolese slums. Some amazing outfits here.

http://www.messynessychic.com/2011/04/05/who-is-the-dandy-man/

They are always great - thought of them again today when the Flight 1067 To Africa program on PBS played some Sapeur musics.
Spooky to see your post - were you listening too?
post #33052 of 56005
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Thanks guys, will go with the LE as I expect chinos to be workhorses and don't expect to pay too much; just like some clarification that there is an LE return address in Australia? Even if there are returns do you reckon it's worth getting two fits or just grabbing the safer fit, talking shipping coastwise?
Sorry lots of questions smile.gif
CD- Cool article, leaving my love of Outkast out of it...

echo

LE is $29 for up to $100 then - it goes up per 50 (?? i think). Ms gets stuff - I had a spreadsheet somewhere and looked at the sweet/optimum point - I think I worked it out as less than $300 but more than $200. But it depends - they often have 25% off sales and often thats on top of a clearance price. So you can get stuff super cheap. You can return to Sydney or Melbourne for about $10 for most boxes. Pays to order a few sizes etc to be able to check stuff out at first.

I like one type of chino they have (I've got about 12 or more of them now) - but I got the last 6 pair they had - in my size not shown online - for $6 each a few months ago. They are tailored fit with a 11.5" + front rise and nice khaki (called beige) and thick material. Others can be a bit effected by the low rise trend - not all that bad but their CANVAS line will be v low rise. Other chinos are a bit thin - ish - but ok for summer. Not all their tailored cut are styled the same.

Their OCBDs Hyde Park MUST iron used to be next best - or even -preferred - to BBs. and much cheaper. But they shortened the collar tips by 1/2 inch, making them close to stingy, and I don't buy them (I don't really need to though - I still have one blue one in its plastic bag unopened) around 6 months ago and as far as I know haven't fixed that yet.

In short - in the last 12 months I don't see much of theirs I want. (excepting my secret informants heads up about my fav chinos) Maybe their cords on sale.
post #33053 of 56005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post


Well done Gerry. Really nice photos, no kidding.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

Is that all just off your Sony rx100 G?

Pretty impressive

 

 

Thanks, guys! Yes, it's just off the RX100 - it's a hell of a camera!

post #33054 of 56005
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxaca View Post

Waterfront property in Lakemba? Sounds compelling.

I might take a drive by.

A Drive By in Lakemba...
post #33055 of 56005
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Thanks guys, will go with the LE as I expect chinos to be workhorses and don't expect to pay too much; just like some clarification that there is an LE return address in Australia? Even if there are returns do you reckon it's worth getting two fits or just grabbing the safer fit, talking shipping coastwise?

Bunny - Yes, LE has a return address in NSW that you can use, which is very convenient.
post #33056 of 56005
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmills View Post

I can picture people wearing those shirts, but can my face muscles stand up to that much cringing? Can I pledge money for these *not* to happen?

 

 

These collar stay windows are going to become the next loud cufflinks, something that 90% of people never even knew existed (or understod the function of) until it became an opportunity to "express one's individuality" in the loudest and most obnoxious way possible. Then there will be a small section of the population that decided they don't want to buy new shirts, but still want visible collar stays anyway so they'll be cutting holes in their Tarocash shirts, removing the sewn-in stays and putting in their own stays made from crocodile leather or dingo ballsack or somesuch other Strine affectation.

 

Coxaca, that sillhouette looks really nice; makes me quite excited to pick mine up on Wednesday! Really makes me wish I had decided to switch over to the natural shoulder on more formal suits a bit earlier though. I think Patrick's cut is more suited to the natural shoulder than the more structured rope shoulders, at least for someone of a smaller build.

post #33057 of 56005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfudge View Post

 

These collar stay windows are going to become the next loud cufflinks, something that 90% of people never even knew existed (or understod the function of) until it became an opportunity to "express one's individuality" in the loudest and most obnoxious way possible. Then there will be a small section of the population that decided they don't want to buy new shirts, but still want visible collar stays anyway so they'll be cutting holes in their Tarocash shirts, removing the sewn-in stays and putting in their own stays made from crocodile leather or dingo ballsack or somesuch other Strine affectation.

 

Coxaca, that sillhouette looks really nice; makes me quite excited to pick mine up on Wednesday! Really makes me wish I had decided to switch over to the natural shoulder on more formal suits a bit earlier though. I think Patrick's cut is more suited to the natural shoulder than the more structured rope shoulders, at least for someone of a smaller build.

 

What a great name!!!

post #33058 of 56005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

Is that all just off your Sony rx100 G?

Pretty impressive

When Gerry turned up to the trunk show with his camera I was gobsmacked after seeing how many awesome photos he takes with it. I was expecting a full professional DSLR set up with macro lenses etc. Some people just have that eye for photography, like Gerry.
post #33059 of 56005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

When Gerry turned up to the trunk show with his camera I was gobsmacked after seeing how many awesome photos he takes with it. I was expecting a full professional DSLR set up with macro lenses etc. Some people just have that eye for photography, like Gerry.

+1. Gerry takes some really interesting, well-composed photos. They put the photos in my Tumblr to shame!

It's possible to take great photos with an iPhone camera or even primitive pinhole cameras. Good photography is obviously helped by good equipment, but taking good photos is mostly about having a good eye for composition, a knack for spotting a good opportunity, knowing about how to use light, shadow and colour and so on. Get those things right and you'll generally take nice photos, regardless of whether you've got a bargain basement camera from K-Mart or a $7000 Leica.
post #33060 of 56005
Brother can you spare a dime? (plus $50 postage) its 8:40PM in New York sale starts at 2pm local time http://www.brooksbrothers.com/mens/men,default,sc.html?CMP=EMC_20130616_SAS_Starts_Tomorrow&et_cid=437706&et_rid=9672676&j=437706&l=174620&
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members