With the free shipping promotion at Mr Porter almost at an end, has anybody purchased anything? I myself bought a McQueen skull tie in navy, I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, but I've wanted it since I saw it in BBC's Sherlock.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2201post #33001 of 572236/14/13 at 4:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33002 of 572236/14/13 at 5:00pmBlurry fit pic of new PJ suit (for J Mills):
Blurry fit pic of new PJ off-the-rack BD in DJ Anderson linen:
Another pic of said BD; that collar is just sublime and I highly recommend Pat's new line of shirts, either OTR or MTM. they're made by a new mob, which, apparently, does the shirts for Dunhill Bespoke as well:
Sorry about the upside down pics, but I'm not sure how to fix the problem.
Edited by ColdEyedPugilist - 6/14/13 at 5:12pmpost #33003 of 572236/14/13 at 5:05pmpost #33004 of 572236/14/13 at 5:12pmThanks, mate.
I think Pat did a fantastic job with this one, given that I did not have time for a refitting, and simply described what changes I wanted over the phone. This then is the true skill of an experienced fitter: to be able to visualize how measurements translate onto a person's body IRL.
Yeah, don't know what happened with the cuffs; they don't usually show that much.
Might be that the sleeves need to be a little looser; will reserve that tweak for the next suit.post #33005 of 572236/14/13 at 6:49pmpost #33006 of 572236/14/13 at 6:57pmpost #33007 of 572236/14/13 at 8:07pmpost #33008 of 572236/15/13 at 1:45ampost #33009 of 572236/15/13 at 2:25ampost #33010 of 572236/15/13 at 3:06ampost #33011 of 572236/15/13 at 3:09amPSA for anyone after some perfume (for self or others). There is an unreal sale going on at Peony in East Hawthorn. Was there today and picked up stuff like Parfums d'Empire for $10/bottle. There's still quite a bit of stock well under half price. If you click on my thrift thread link above you can see what I got for myself.post #33012 of 572236/15/13 at 3:33am
Gerry- yeah some tshirts and the belts all the stock was great yet having to pay shipping when some stock is there is pret shit; oh well they make the best fitting jeans I've ever had!
Where do you guys get Chinuas/Khakis? Particularly khakis going more for an ivy aesthetic particularly interested in the answers from the ivy folks on here (fxh).
Speaking of Kigour about to watch North by NW!post #33013 of 572236/15/13 at 3:40ampost #33014 of 572236/15/13 at 3:49amQuote:
The Patrick Johnson ones as above are good
Otherwise there is some bloke in Parramatta that others use.
Online Luxire is thrown around. My shirts at Owen and James I'm steering more weekend than weekday wear with new camo shirts arrived and need photos takenpost #33015 of 572236/15/13 at 4:28am
Please forgive my ignorance in such matters, but to me, this jacket looks too small. The fit is OK around the shoulders (although I don't like the slope), but despite the fact that the fabric is sitting flat, the button looks like it's straining to stay closed. And the sleeves are way too short.
Or is this in fact the latest word in suit fashion, à la Thom Browne and his pre-shrunk men's suit aesthetic?
If so, shouldn't the trousers be a lot shorter, revealing bare ankles and stumpy brogues?
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Ikea Monkey Presents: The Official 2014 Thrift Scavenger Hunt 9 seconds ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 1 minute ago
- › Official Black Friday Sale Alert Central 3 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here 5 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...