With the free shipping promotion at Mr Porter almost at an end, has anybody purchased anything? I myself bought a McQueen skull tie in navy, I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, but I've wanted it since I saw it in BBC's Sherlock.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2201post #33001 of 679466/14/13 at 4:43ampost #33002 of 679466/14/13 at 5:00pmBlurry fit pic of new PJ suit (for J Mills):
Blurry fit pic of new PJ off-the-rack BD in DJ Anderson linen:
Another pic of said BD; that collar is just sublime and I highly recommend Pat's new line of shirts, either OTR or MTM. they're made by a new mob, which, apparently, does the shirts for Dunhill Bespoke as well:
Sorry about the upside down pics, but I'm not sure how to fix the problem.
Edited by ColdEyedPugilist - 6/14/13 at 5:12pmpost #33003 of 679466/14/13 at 5:05pmpost #33004 of 679466/14/13 at 5:12pmThanks, mate.
I think Pat did a fantastic job with this one, given that I did not have time for a refitting, and simply described what changes I wanted over the phone. This then is the true skill of an experienced fitter: to be able to visualize how measurements translate onto a person's body IRL.
Yeah, don't know what happened with the cuffs; they don't usually show that much.
Might be that the sleeves need to be a little looser; will reserve that tweak for the next suit.post #33005 of 679466/14/13 at 6:49pmpost #33006 of 679466/14/13 at 6:57pmpost #33007 of 679466/14/13 at 8:07pmpost #33008 of 679466/15/13 at 1:45ampost #33009 of 679466/15/13 at 2:25ampost #33010 of 679466/15/13 at 3:06ampost #33011 of 679466/15/13 at 3:09amPSA for anyone after some perfume (for self or others). There is an unreal sale going on at Peony in East Hawthorn. Was there today and picked up stuff like Parfums d'Empire for $10/bottle. There's still quite a bit of stock well under half price. If you click on my thrift thread link above you can see what I got for myself.post #33012 of 679466/15/13 at 3:33am
Gerry- yeah some tshirts and the belts all the stock was great yet having to pay shipping when some stock is there is pret shit; oh well they make the best fitting jeans I've ever had!
Where do you guys get Chinuas/Khakis? Particularly khakis going more for an ivy aesthetic particularly interested in the answers from the ivy folks on here (fxh).
Speaking of Kigour about to watch North by NW!post #33013 of 679466/15/13 at 3:40ampost #33014 of 679466/15/13 at 3:49amQuote:
The Patrick Johnson ones as above are good
Otherwise there is some bloke in Parramatta that others use.
Online Luxire is thrown around. My shirts at Owen and James I'm steering more weekend than weekday wear with new camo shirts arrived and need photos takenpost #33015 of 679466/15/13 at 4:28am
Please forgive my ignorance in such matters, but to me, this jacket looks too small. The fit is OK around the shoulders (although I don't like the slope), but despite the fact that the fabric is sitting flat, the button looks like it's straining to stay closed. And the sleeves are way too short.
Or is this in fact the latest word in suit fashion, à la Thom Browne and his pre-shrunk men's suit aesthetic?
If so, shouldn't the trousers be a lot shorter, revealing bare ankles and stumpy brogues?
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ask me about Eyewear! 11 seconds ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 34 seconds ago
- › East Sicily Tailors 54 seconds ago
- › Tailoring Shoulders of Sportjacket - Take in from the neck? 2 minutes ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 6 minutes ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 8 minutes ago
- › Carlos Santos Shoes - Feedback & Appreciation 8 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget – Carmina, John Lobb, Enzo Bonafè, Carlos Santos,... 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...