With the free shipping promotion at Mr Porter almost at an end, has anybody purchased anything? I myself bought a McQueen skull tie in navy, I'm not quite sure how I feel about it, but I've wanted it since I saw it in BBC's Sherlock.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2201post #33001 of 679466/14/13 at 4:43am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #33002 of 679466/14/13 at 5:00pmBlurry fit pic of new PJ suit (for J Mills):
Blurry fit pic of new PJ off-the-rack BD in DJ Anderson linen:
Another pic of said BD; that collar is just sublime and I highly recommend Pat's new line of shirts, either OTR or MTM. they're made by a new mob, which, apparently, does the shirts for Dunhill Bespoke as well:
Sorry about the upside down pics, but I'm not sure how to fix the problem.
Edited by ColdEyedPugilist - 6/14/13 at 5:12pmpost #33003 of 679466/14/13 at 5:05pmpost #33004 of 679466/14/13 at 5:12pmThanks, mate.
I think Pat did a fantastic job with this one, given that I did not have time for a refitting, and simply described what changes I wanted over the phone. This then is the true skill of an experienced fitter: to be able to visualize how measurements translate onto a person's body IRL.
Yeah, don't know what happened with the cuffs; they don't usually show that much.
Might be that the sleeves need to be a little looser; will reserve that tweak for the next suit.post #33005 of 679466/14/13 at 6:49pmpost #33006 of 679466/14/13 at 6:57pmpost #33007 of 679466/14/13 at 8:07pmpost #33008 of 679466/15/13 at 1:45ampost #33009 of 679466/15/13 at 2:25ampost #33010 of 679466/15/13 at 3:06ampost #33011 of 679466/15/13 at 3:09amPSA for anyone after some perfume (for self or others). There is an unreal sale going on at Peony in East Hawthorn. Was there today and picked up stuff like Parfums d'Empire for $10/bottle. There's still quite a bit of stock well under half price. If you click on my thrift thread link above you can see what I got for myself.post #33012 of 679466/15/13 at 3:33am
Gerry- yeah some tshirts and the belts all the stock was great yet having to pay shipping when some stock is there is pret shit; oh well they make the best fitting jeans I've ever had!
Where do you guys get Chinuas/Khakis? Particularly khakis going more for an ivy aesthetic particularly interested in the answers from the ivy folks on here (fxh).
Speaking of Kigour about to watch North by NW!post #33013 of 679466/15/13 at 3:40ampost #33014 of 679466/15/13 at 3:49amQuote:
The Patrick Johnson ones as above are good
Otherwise there is some bloke in Parramatta that others use.
Online Luxire is thrown around. My shirts at Owen and James I'm steering more weekend than weekday wear with new camo shirts arrived and need photos takenpost #33015 of 679466/15/13 at 4:28am
Please forgive my ignorance in such matters, but to me, this jacket looks too small. The fit is OK around the shoulders (although I don't like the slope), but despite the fact that the fabric is sitting flat, the button looks like it's straining to stay closed. And the sleeves are way too short.
Or is this in fact the latest word in suit fashion, à la Thom Browne and his pre-shrunk men's suit aesthetic?
If so, shouldn't the trousers be a lot shorter, revealing bare ankles and stumpy brogues?
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Edward Green Galways, Brown Utah, Shearling, Size 8.5E UK, 64 Last 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 7 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 11 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 12 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 13 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?