or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 218

post #3256 of 54955
I always thought it was funny that TM Lewin was based in 'Jermyn St' but their shirts were based in China.

Oh well.
post #3257 of 54955
Country Road tailor fit formal shirts at $80. They look OK to me. Are they considered decent quality?
post #3258 of 54955
hey guys, any1 in perth got any recommendations for a place to alter a suit jacket sleeve? just need to shorten it a tad or so... maybe an inch. buttons aren't functional and just for show on the sleeve. thanks
post #3259 of 54955
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKstar View Post
I am a 15.5/36 in TM Lewin slim fits - last order I thought that I would try the 16. The difference in the body was huge to the point that it looked like a joke, so I sent them back for 15's. It's amazing the difference in one size up. I would love to order more as they do fit well, but want to transition away from double cuffs to plain and simple barrel cuffs. Most places really only stck double cuffs nowdays in longer sleves. Given my sleeve length, I don't really think I have too many options elsewhere other then online MTM.

That would explain the difference in peoples experiences, but very strange that half an inch in neck results in such a large body difference. Unfortunately, 15.5 is a touch too tight for me in TM (esp. with the shrinking I have experinced) so I can't try the better body cut.
post #3260 of 54955
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKstar View Post
In the waiting time I went for a quick wonder. Inspired by this blog post, I am on the lookout for a pair of flat front slim fitting Khaki pants. I wondered into that strange Italian store on Elizabeth St on the outside of the Galleria building. Saw a couple of chino's but wasn't game to try anything on. Does anybody know what the deal is with that place? .

I was in the US last week and picked up two pairs of JCrew's flatfront slim khakis CS. I'm not usually a khaki/chinio wearer at all, mainly because they've traditioonally looked like clowns trousers on me they're that bloody wide, but these are fantastic.

Tried them on, and bought two straight away. Think they were about $70 USD a pair. If you can buy them online then I'd give them a go.
post #3261 of 54955
Quote:
Originally Posted by apple3210 View Post
hey guys, any1 in perth got any recommendations for a place to alter a suit jacket sleeve? just need to shorten it a tad or so... maybe an inch. buttons aren't functional and just for show on the sleeve. thanks

This was discussed a few pages back.
post #3262 of 54955
inducing article in The Age today 'Dandy' generation let their threads call the shots
post #3263 of 54955
The article is clearly rubbish because I've seen recent pictures of David Beckham looking awesome. He wore this 3-piece suit to the final Jonathon Ross show last year.
post #3264 of 54955
Is anybody here using the iPad for board papers, minutes, agendas etc?

I'd be interested in any evaluation papers and or experiences.

One mob I'm with we are almost inevitably getting them I think. Possibly waiting for the new one - mainly because of USB connectivity - other wise its the same size and resolution as the existing one although with more RAM and 30% lighter.
post #3265 of 54955
No. We still use vast quantities of paper.

I think there would be some resistance to going paperless due to many board members need to scribble and stick.
post #3266 of 54955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selvaggio View Post
No. We still use vast quantities of paper.

I think there would be some resistance to going paperless due to many board members need to scribble and stick.

You can make notes in iPad.

I know one or two boards using it and they are happy. Will also save money on couriering out papers and it means papers from sub-committees can be available.
post #3267 of 54955
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post
You can make notes in iPad.

I know one or two boards using it and they are happy. Will also save money on couriering out papers and it means papers from sub-committees can be available.

Our board uses them.

Everybody seems really happy with them. Only one hold out. Even the Big Giant Head uses one all the time.
post #3268 of 54955
In my continuing search for a dinner suit I tried on a Ralph Lauren black label suit. Wow. I was expecting a softer shouldered jacket like a tradition Caruso jacket. Instead its a very strong shouldered and tight fitting jacket with a definitintive 'V' shape. Almost like the Tom Ford. Looked great on me. Do Caruso make the dinner suits? Then I tried on the Zegna. Compared to the Ralph Lauren, it was as dull as dogshit. Softer shoulders, but with little waist suppression and I had a sail's-worth of material at the small of my back. Trousers were quite roomy too. Would need a lot of tailoring to make it look good. Prices - Ralph Lauren was $2500, Zegna was $3000. There is a NWT Zegna tux on eBay in my size for $500 at the moment but after actually trying it on I'm going to hold fire for the moment.
post #3269 of 54955
Quote:
Originally Posted by __PG__ View Post
In my continuing search for a dinner suit I tried on a Ralph Lauren black label suit.

Wow. I was expecting a softer shouldered jacket like a tradition Caruso jacket. Instead its a very strong shouldered and tight fitting jacket with a definitintive 'V' shape. Almost like the Tom Ford. Looked great on me. Do Caruso make the dinner suits?

Then I tried on the Zegna. Compared to the Ralph Lauren, it was as dull as dogshit. Softer shoulders, but with little waist suppression and I had a sail's-worth of material at the small of my back. Trousers were quite roomy too. Would need a lot of tailoring to make it look good.

Prices - Ralph Lauren was $2500, Zegna was $3000. There is a NWT Zegna tux on eBay in my size for $500 at the moment but after actually trying it on I'm going to hold fire for the moment.

I am seeing so many dinner suits and the odd set of vintage tails in the thrifts all in good condition...
post #3270 of 54955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Davis View Post
In quality or in cost?

In cost....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members