or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2152

post #32266 of 54953
Wow- love the imai shoes towards the end. Lucky I can't read any Japanese or can work out his website because I would probably be a whole lot poorer.

Anyone know if he does rtw? And where to et them?
post #32267 of 54953

How I feel when looking at those Japanese shoes

 

 

 

 

and WIWT:

 

post #32268 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasricher View Post

Wow- love the imai shoes towards the end. Lucky I can't read any Japanese or can work out his website because I would probably be a whole lot poorer.

Anyone know if he does rtw? And where to et them?

I think near the end of the thread someone asked the same question; I think the answer was that they used to offer RTW overseas but now are only available via proxy.

EDIT:

nutcracker:

'Imai shoes used to be sold quite aggressively through online retailers (including an official online store), but somehow he abandoned that business model. Now, I believe his shoes are available only through trunk shows (and maybe by visiting his atelier directly). Please correct me if otherwise.


I remember he planned to expand overseas, and had a booth at Pitti several years ago. Not sure what happened to his overseas plan.
He did his time in Italy (not France) under a shoemaker called Giuseppe Beltramo. Not sure who he is though.'

post #32269 of 54953

Henry Carter ties, scarves and gloves at Ludlows in Melbourne:

 

post #32270 of 54953

Received a lovely surprise in the mail today.... A grey wool knit from our man Tobiasj of Hightied.... Beautiful tie, which knots bang on, more dimple than Dieter Brummer

 

Wore it coupled with a navy chalk striped suit, white bd and chestnut dusty brogues....

 

Like many before me, l'm signing off for a little while.... 

post #32271 of 54953
Got my DB Brioni back from the tailor today.

Fit is not bad for 2nd hand. The jacket is a much better fit than it looks here, although it could do with some waist suppression. Pants only have a single break, so I guess I must be slouching a bit. I don't want to spend too much more on alterations until my weight stabilises and I wear it around a bit.



Close-up of the fabric. It's sort of heather grey with a blue tractor stripe through it.

post #32272 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

Got my DB Brioni back from the tailor today.

Fit is not bad for 2nd hand. The jacket is a much better fit than it looks here, although it could do with some waist suppression. Pants only have a single break, so I guess I must be slouching a bit. I don't want to spend too much more on alterations until my weight stabilises and I wear it around a bit.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Close-up of the fabric. It's sort of heather grey with a blue tractor stripe through it.


Was the suit originally your size? The pull from the buttoning at the waist looks pretty bad IMO, esp. on your right.
post #32273 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post



Close-up of the fabric. It's sort of heather grey with a blue tractor stripe through it.
 

 or is it manatee grey?

 

post #32274 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro View Post

Was the suit originally your size? The pull from the buttoning at the waist looks pretty bad IMO, esp. on your right.

That can be fixed fairly easily, it's from a dropped right shoulder. Note the shoulder and whole arm is hanging lower than the left, as is the right trouser. A small pad on the shoulder will remove the pulling there.
post #32275 of 54953
Gerry thanks for posting the photo's from Ludlows. For you guys that have wives, partners and GF's, you can see below that Ludlows are carrying the womens version of our smart gloves also. I won't be carrying them online, given that the few womens clients I have only buy ties for their blokes, so if you are in Melbourne head in and check them out. Ludlows are also carrying the full range of cashmere scarves as you can see.
post #32276 of 54953
WIWT:

AppleMark
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


And a slightly blurry photo of a pair of trousers and shoes:


Details:

- Herringbone weave jacket by Herringbone Sydney;
- Light blue, royal oxford shirt by Deer Style;
- Drake's silk print tie;
- Vanda wool pocket square;
- Charles Tyrwhitt navy corduroy trousers; and
- C&J Belgraves in polo suede.
post #32277 of 54953

looking good, JM! really liking the cords and suede mix.

post #32278 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

That can be fixed fairly easily, it's from a dropped right shoulder. Note the shoulder and whole arm is hanging lower than the left, as is the right trouser. A small pad on the shoulder will remove the pulling there.

Just in response to jobro, I was surprised how poor the jacket looks in the photo. In fact it is a 42 and I'm 40-41. It hangs a tad loose on me if anything.

I think Jas has nailed it. Many of you know that I broke my right shoulder and it's only partially recovered. It is indeed lower than the left. A pad might help, but doing my physio more often might help more. smile.gif
post #32279 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

Just in response to jobro, I was surprised how poor the jacket looks in the photo. In fact it is a 42 and I'm 40-41. It hangs a tad loose on me if anything.

I think Jas has nailed it. Many of you know that I broke my right shoulder and it's only partially recovered. It is indeed lower than the left. A pad might help, but doing my physio more often might help more. smile.gif
Yep a broken shoulder will do it! I think it's not looking so good mostly due to the light shining right on it, making all the creases and wrinkles stand out more than in real life. Anyway I will have a new Aquascutum DB suit ready next week which I'll post up some pics of as well.

Anyway, I've had a sick family all week (including me now) so thi is my first chance at a fit pic

Burgundy Thursday's.....





Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Suit: Herringbone Sydney
Shirt: Cottonwork
Tie: Henry Carter Burgundy Floral 7 Fold
Shoes: Carmina derbies
post #32280 of 54953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

just blew 45minutes... far out 

 

I must say the japanese have it right with the almond toe/chiselled instep .. ive always preferred a round toe to a square toe

 

I've sorta been in-between - but those Japanese round toes... My word.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

Yeah, certainly danger danger Will Robinson.  The falling yen DOES NOT HELP.

 

Unless the yen falls by about another 600%, the prices will remain a limiting factor.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members