Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2131post #31951 of 560215/22/13 at 8:37pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31952 of 560215/22/13 at 8:39pmpost #31953 of 560215/22/13 at 8:40pmpost #31954 of 560215/22/13 at 8:44pmpost #31955 of 560215/22/13 at 8:52pmpost #31956 of 560215/22/13 at 9:04pm
Agree BB LE OCBD and LL Bean who do great Portuguese flannelette shirts (non bogan variety) Bills Chinos and BB trousers, corduroys.
I buy most thing's by the pound ( pun intended) shoes, books ect so if it holds against that I will be happy.
As for the Euro its been a while since i have bought anything in that currency the wife and I are contemplating going to Amsterdam later this year so fingers crossed on the dollar holding.post #31957 of 560215/22/13 at 9:20pmpost #31958 of 560215/22/13 at 9:24pmpost #31959 of 560215/22/13 at 9:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by boff
Ha. Think he was looking more from recommendations and experiences but that was funny.
With suede, I agree with Romp, oil from food/life in general is the main issue. My Kimber boot got some butter on them which was a hassle to get out. Once my Alfred Sargent monks arrive I think I will spray them with some protector and clean my other suedes (ordered some Saphir suede cleaner too).
Using this as a simple guide (as well as Put This On) - http://www.sidmashburn.com/shop/shoe-shine-playbook.htmlpost #31960 of 560215/22/13 at 9:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by boff
Wow that's exactly what I was thinking
Yah the suede thing--I got two drops of oil on one of my suede boots some time ago, and it has basically ruined them. I've tried about 94k different ways of cleaning them, I've even tried staining them a darker colour, and nothing works. Fear the oily pizza. Fear it.post #31961 of 560215/22/13 at 9:43pmQuote:
You do fittings at my house or you have a location in the CBD?
The dungeon "recreation room" in my house does not have great lighting on account of the lack of windows.post #31962 of 560215/22/13 at 9:50pmQuote:
So....just wear a full set of tails with a white waistcoat. Problem solved.
Oh, and please - no ruffs on the shirt. Honeycomb only.post #31963 of 560215/22/13 at 10:02pmpost #31964 of 560215/22/13 at 10:07pmQuote:
Good timing, given that the Rijksmuseum finally re-opened last month after being closed for renovations for the past decade!post #31965 of 560215/22/13 at 10:08pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 12 seconds ago
- › ESPN TV=Watch Inter Milan vs St Etienne live streaming 35 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › ESPN TV=Watch Tottenham Hotspur vs Asteras Tripolis live streaming 2 minutes ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Should I or shouldn't I buy... (clothing item)? 4 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...