Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2116post #31726 of 518615/19/13 at 5:13am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31727 of 518615/19/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Um, ok. I'll let you talk about that and ORIA, NHMRC, ARC, NIH, JRDF, etc. kinda harsh to call it disingenuous, lol.post #31728 of 518615/19/13 at 5:31ampost #31729 of 518615/19/13 at 5:32amQuote:Originally Posted by iSurgQuote:
Um, ok. I'll let you talk about that and ORIA, NHMRC, ARC, NIH, JRDF, etc. kinda harsh to call it disingenuous, lol.Quote:
If you're going to bring up bring up research students and talk about them "struggling" re: no government allowance. It seems questionable to then ignore the normal source of funding.
Overly harsh seem PM
Edited by Plestor - 5/19/13 at 6:36ampost #31730 of 518615/19/13 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
With all this talk of button down collars and knit ties I thought I'd snap some shots this afternoon to illustrate just how good (and simple) a navy blazer, light blue OCBD and knit tie can be. Also as there are new knits due in the next few weeks, I've reduced all knit ties down to $49.95 ($20 off) and all printed silk 7 fold ties down to $49.95 (half price) as well. Oh and get the Style Forum 10% discount when you spend over $84.95 by adding the code SF10 when checking out.
Warning: Tie and button down porn inside! (Click to show)
Ok, which one is this? That tie is making me dribble a little.
Grantpost #31731 of 518615/19/13 at 5:37amSo, er, back to style and shoes maybe?
Had lovely quiet weekend (even watching Geelong pitifully lose to Collingwood at the MCG could not ruin it). To top it off I finally placed an order for some double monks. Beautiful Alfred Sargent Ramsey in snuff suede.
An exclusive to A Fine Pair of Shoes, one of only 10 pairs I believe. Also ordered some socks (grey with pink toe and heel), flat shoe laces, shoe trees, some suede cleaning products and got a free Alfred Sargent leather belt. Something very nice to look forward to in the mail.
I had not really planned to buy anything for a while but at the same time have wanted some suede double monks for years and these were exactly what I was after so I weaken and bought them. Some calling it doing a "Gerry Nelson" (sorry Mr Nice Guy, could not resist).
Anyway, I really need to get around to selling some of my excess stuff on eBay and/or B&S now (probably should have done this first).
Oli - for what it is worth I think you should get some C&Js or Carminas (a vast step up from Loake, which are a good entry to proper shoes). If you are lucky enough to find someone with the right size feet to try them on that helps (Gerry did this for me, further earning his Mr Nice Guy title). If not try Herringbone or Henry Bucks and maybe buy a pocket square to ease your guilt...
If you look after them (trees, occasional polish, do not wear two days in a row) they will do all you need from them and last you very well.
thebrownman - I believe the rules for sneakers to exhibition are it is OK if you are under 30...
fxh - with that coat I think we should see some of your street style shots here (actually for anyone who has not seen, the Bill Cunningham documentary is a wonderful film).
Loving this cooler weather. Nice to be able to put on layers. Even had my Henry Carter cashmere smart gloves on last night at the football, as did my wife (charcoal for me, navy for her). MCC Members section is often the coldest place in Melbourne.
http://instagram.com/p/ZdDAzVKmxT/post #31732 of 518615/19/13 at 5:38ampost #31733 of 518615/19/13 at 5:38amQuote:I am in Loake! Pity though my Meermin chukkas will be here on Wednesday.
Yes I like just to talk about the clothes too and I love grey flannel. In about 2 weeks I should have some sample trousers arriving to add to the range and one is a grey flannel, single pleated, side adjustered pair which I plan on wearing the shit out of through winter.post #31734 of 518615/19/13 at 5:42ampost #31735 of 518615/19/13 at 5:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Oli2012
Haha, on second thoughts I might try henry bucks or herringbone, it might even be worth going down to Melbourne 'Mels' and getting some straight from Double Monk.
Would you guys consider C&J a better investment to say Loakes? The C&J are definitely a step above, but I'm looking for something to topy and turn into a beater.
I have two pairs of Loakes and one pair of C&J. The C&J are a pleasure to wear, while the Loakes still feel like they aren't broken in. That is saying a lot as I walk to and from work (4-5km per day depending if I drop my daughter at childcare).
Grantpost #31736 of 518615/19/13 at 5:54amSo everyone, what should our poor but cashed up friend oli spend his youth allowance on? Should he go buy some LSD and hopefully provide him with some wonderful insights like Coleridge, or Steve Jobs?
Should he buy some black C&Js which will become a wardrobe stable for years to come?
Should he save that money for his next overseas trip which can be spent on foreign luxuries?
Should he get himself a hooker and be able to compare sex with a prostitute with sex from a genuinely interested female?
So many questions, not enough money.
How am I going to sleep at night?
(Don Draper: on a bed made of money).post #31737 of 518615/19/13 at 5:57ampost #31738 of 518615/19/13 at 5:58ampost #31739 of 518615/19/13 at 6:00ampost #31740 of 518615/19/13 at 6:04amQuote:That's this one http://henrycarter.com.au/products-page/knit-ties/khakiolive-knit-tie/ (only difference is natural lighting on the abive photo vs studio lights on the website).
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › All about Levi's 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2013-2014 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 5 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 8 minutes ago
- › Official Golf Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 12 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)