Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2116post #31726 of 679465/19/13 at 5:13ampost #31727 of 679465/19/13 at 5:27amQuote:
Um, ok. I'll let you talk about that and ORIA, NHMRC, ARC, NIH, JRDF, etc. kinda harsh to call it disingenuous, lol.post #31728 of 679465/19/13 at 5:31ampost #31729 of 679465/19/13 at 5:32amQuote:Originally Posted by iSurgQuote:
Um, ok. I'll let you talk about that and ORIA, NHMRC, ARC, NIH, JRDF, etc. kinda harsh to call it disingenuous, lol.Quote:
If you're going to bring up bring up research students and talk about them "struggling" re: no government allowance. It seems questionable to then ignore the normal source of funding.
Overly harsh seem PM
Edited by Plestor - 5/19/13 at 6:36ampost #31730 of 679465/19/13 at 5:35amQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
With all this talk of button down collars and knit ties I thought I'd snap some shots this afternoon to illustrate just how good (and simple) a navy blazer, light blue OCBD and knit tie can be. Also as there are new knits due in the next few weeks, I've reduced all knit ties down to $49.95 ($20 off) and all printed silk 7 fold ties down to $49.95 (half price) as well. Oh and get the Style Forum 10% discount when you spend over $84.95 by adding the code SF10 when checking out.
Warning: Tie and button down porn inside! (Click to show)
Ok, which one is this? That tie is making me dribble a little.
Grantpost #31731 of 679465/19/13 at 5:37amSo, er, back to style and shoes maybe?
Had lovely quiet weekend (even watching Geelong pitifully lose to Collingwood at the MCG could not ruin it). To top it off I finally placed an order for some double monks. Beautiful Alfred Sargent Ramsey in snuff suede.
An exclusive to A Fine Pair of Shoes, one of only 10 pairs I believe. Also ordered some socks (grey with pink toe and heel), flat shoe laces, shoe trees, some suede cleaning products and got a free Alfred Sargent leather belt. Something very nice to look forward to in the mail.
I had not really planned to buy anything for a while but at the same time have wanted some suede double monks for years and these were exactly what I was after so I weaken and bought them. Some calling it doing a "Gerry Nelson" (sorry Mr Nice Guy, could not resist).
Anyway, I really need to get around to selling some of my excess stuff on eBay and/or B&S now (probably should have done this first).
Oli - for what it is worth I think you should get some C&Js or Carminas (a vast step up from Loake, which are a good entry to proper shoes). If you are lucky enough to find someone with the right size feet to try them on that helps (Gerry did this for me, further earning his Mr Nice Guy title). If not try Herringbone or Henry Bucks and maybe buy a pocket square to ease your guilt...
If you look after them (trees, occasional polish, do not wear two days in a row) they will do all you need from them and last you very well.
thebrownman - I believe the rules for sneakers to exhibition are it is OK if you are under 30...
fxh - with that coat I think we should see some of your street style shots here (actually for anyone who has not seen, the Bill Cunningham documentary is a wonderful film).
Loving this cooler weather. Nice to be able to put on layers. Even had my Henry Carter cashmere smart gloves on last night at the football, as did my wife (charcoal for me, navy for her). MCC Members section is often the coldest place in Melbourne.
http://instagram.com/p/ZdDAzVKmxT/post #31732 of 679465/19/13 at 5:38ampost #31733 of 679465/19/13 at 5:38amQuote:I am in Loake! Pity though my Meermin chukkas will be here on Wednesday.
Yes I like just to talk about the clothes too and I love grey flannel. In about 2 weeks I should have some sample trousers arriving to add to the range and one is a grey flannel, single pleated, side adjustered pair which I plan on wearing the shit out of through winter.post #31734 of 679465/19/13 at 5:42ampost #31735 of 679465/19/13 at 5:49amQuote:Originally Posted by Oli2012
Haha, on second thoughts I might try henry bucks or herringbone, it might even be worth going down to Melbourne 'Mels' and getting some straight from Double Monk.
Would you guys consider C&J a better investment to say Loakes? The C&J are definitely a step above, but I'm looking for something to topy and turn into a beater.
I have two pairs of Loakes and one pair of C&J. The C&J are a pleasure to wear, while the Loakes still feel like they aren't broken in. That is saying a lot as I walk to and from work (4-5km per day depending if I drop my daughter at childcare).
Grantpost #31736 of 679465/19/13 at 5:54amSo everyone, what should our poor but cashed up friend oli spend his youth allowance on? Should he go buy some LSD and hopefully provide him with some wonderful insights like Coleridge, or Steve Jobs?
Should he buy some black C&Js which will become a wardrobe stable for years to come?
Should he save that money for his next overseas trip which can be spent on foreign luxuries?
Should he get himself a hooker and be able to compare sex with a prostitute with sex from a genuinely interested female?
So many questions, not enough money.
How am I going to sleep at night?
(Don Draper: on a bed made of money).post #31737 of 679465/19/13 at 5:57ampost #31738 of 679465/19/13 at 5:58ampost #31739 of 679465/19/13 at 6:00ampost #31740 of 679465/19/13 at 6:04amQuote:That's this one http://henrycarter.com.au/products-page/knit-ties/khakiolive-knit-tie/ (only difference is natural lighting on the abive photo vs studio lights on the website).
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 7 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 59 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 6 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 15 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 16 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 21 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 21 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 13 JANUARY 2017 - HATS 25 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE for January 27, 2017: Laurence Fellows Recreation 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...