or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2101

post #31501 of 55247

I tried it on again, and I think becuase I was only wearing a very thin t shirt it looked off. I'm wearing a jumper now and the fit was much better. I want to stress my general ignorance here!

 

Matt (from PJ for those following at home) did mention the shirt would be sent 'later' - it's certainly no big deal. Two companies operating independently, it must be tricky to co-ordinate!

post #31502 of 55247
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

I tried it on again, and I think becuase I was only wearing a very thin t shirt it looked off. I'm wearing a jumper now and the fit was much better. I want to stress my general ignorance here!

 

Matt (from PJ for those following at home) did mention the shirt would be sent 'later' - it's certainly no big deal. Two companies operating independently, it must be tricky to co-ordinate!

ah yes - if just a Tshirt then the jacket will look and feel very different. Try with a proper shirt with the top button done up and send me a PM with thoughts.

post #31503 of 55247
Some shoes you could wear with jeans.
{if you have to wear jeans. As a significant and far reaching political act of defiance - I haven't worn jeans outside of the backyard for 2 years - until this week}
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)


Created by ImageGear, AccuSoft Corp.



post #31504 of 55247
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonerMatt View Post

I tried it on again, and I think becuase I was only wearing a very thin t shirt it looked off. I'm wearing a jumper now and the fit was much better. I want to stress my general ignorance here!

as romp suggested, try it on with a button up shirt. do up the top button of the suit. if you can manage to fit a closed fist between your belly and the suit, it fits well.
post #31505 of 55247

Just took some photos (with a real shirt) and sent them to Romp. Might post later, but the lighting's so bad in my crib I don't even know if they're useful.

 

Also, trying to photograph clothes makes me appreciate how difficult it is. Like, I have to stand in a particular way so that the mirror captures the whole outfit, but then this means my posture changes how it looks, so I adjust, but then things are out of the mirror's view, etc, etc, etc.

post #31506 of 55247

Fxh- Haha; yeah suede is sex.

Also great to see you have the same love of gunboats that Hooman/Shooman does; would wear most of those but that squared welt? norvegese shoe is a monstrosity in my eyes! 

LM-Also sorry, not looking for sneakers usually just use them for summer. Post pics here; we will not boo you!

post #31507 of 55247
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Dreamer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

please - no sneakers if you are over 30 or so.

Can't agree with that. I have a nice pair of grey suede Common Projects that look great with jeans. I agree about sneakers if you mean running shoes, as I'd never want to give anyone the impression that exercise is an interest of mine smile.gif.

Yeah, I'm afraid i'll happily get around in my chucks and vans with jeans, and 30 is a distant memory :-) But yes, actual sports shoes should be worn for the relevant sport, and that's it.
post #31508 of 55247
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Romp-actually I have too many suede shoes (impossibru?) and was looking for something in a hardier leather. To the airmaxes, not sneakers either. But the Alden Chukka's do look great and hard-wearing. Will go and do more research.

http://www.feitdirect.com/ have a look at this saw a couple of pairs last weekend made in Japan i believe good range of sneekers hitops thinking of a pair for my son
post #31509 of 55247
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Fxh- Haha; yeah suede is sex.

Also great to see you have the same love of gunboats that Hooman/Shooman does; would wear most of those but that squared welt? norvegese shoe is a monstrosity in my eyes! 

LM-Also sorry, not looking for sneakers usually just use them for summer. Post pics here; we will not boo you!


Might I recommend the SWD street shoe and boot thread? There's obviously some crazy stuff, but there's also some pretty normal, well put together shoes.

post #31510 of 55247
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Firmin View Post




http://www.feitdirect.com/ have a look at this saw a couple of pairs last weekend made in Japan i believe good range of sneekers hitops thinking of a pair for my son

 

Dream sneakers that aren't KVAs.

post #31511 of 55247

Oh shit, fuck my grammar made you guy's think 'I want a leather sneaker that isn't a pair of AM's'; what I actually meant was 'No to the sneaker suggestions as I have the pairs I need atm.'

Yeah looking for something MC and not SWD; but don't worry about it I'll probably just go with a chukka or a gunboat.

EDIT:

Geoff Firm- Holy shit; welted sneakers that's absolutely amazing! Though the price tag is not something I could ever spend on sneakers.

post #31512 of 55247
You guys. I wear Gray Nicolls underwear whenever; never know when I may have to open the batting..
post #31513 of 55247

Random comment;weed?

post #31514 of 55247
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Random comment;weed?

No captive auidence.
post #31515 of 55247
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Random comment;weed?

I meant to quote Lennier's comment above re: sport shoes, but didn't. That may add some context. Who am I kidding? Still random.

Geoffrey Firmin (almost wrote your real name, but had to backspace), I'll be in Canberra 28th/29th of May, you around?

No weed, TehBunny.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members