or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2082

post #31216 of 58049
Quote:
Originally Posted by sliq View Post

Owen and James. they has sale on their chinos.

+ 1 - or get Romp to make you some through Suit Shop if you have specific fit needs smile.gif
post #31217 of 58049

 

Kamoshita & Liverano interview

post #31218 of 58049
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post


+ 1 - or get Romp to make you some through Suit Shop if you have specific fit needs smile.gif

 

No more khakis on the site and for the latter I'm way too cheap. 

 

I own a pair of MJ Bales and they're stunning. I'm worried that with a tee shirt and shorts they will look out of place. 

 

Would country road or industrie work?

 

http://industrie.com.au/6746095_the_rada_chino_pant_caramel

 

http://www.countryroad.com.au/shop/man/clothing/pants/60149305/Standard-Chino.html

post #31219 of 58049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

No more khakis on the site and for the latter I'm way too cheap. 

I own a pair of MJ Bales and they're stunning. I'm worried that with a tee shirt and shorts they will look out of place. 

Would country road or industrie work?

http://industrie.com.au/6746095_the_rada_chino_pant_caramel

http://www.countryroad.com.au/shop/man/clothing/pants/60149305/Standard-Chino.html

What makes you worry that they'll look out of place? Is it that they have a more traditional rise?
post #31220 of 58049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

No more khakis on the site and for the latter I'm way too cheap. 

I own a pair of MJ Bales and they're stunning. I'm worried that with a tee shirt and shorts they will look out of place. 

Would country road or industrie work?

http://industrie.com.au/6746095_the_rada_chino_pant_caramel

http://www.countryroad.com.au/shop/man/clothing/pants/60149305/Standard-Chino.html

I have one pair of flat front CR Stone chinos I bought six years ago still going strong, last time I looked at any of their trousers they were crap.
post #31221 of 58049
Dat intro on the LIV X KAMOSHITA interview! I like Kamoshita's relaxed style I.e. his polo shirt.
Oli- I also agree with TBM the MJ's wouldn't look that out of place; but if not I would go with Bill's although in my opinion they are slightly expensive.
To Nantucket red I think it is best saved for summer (boat shoes, pennies, bucks etc.) though if one really wants to wear them in Winter, why not just treat them like bright colored cords?
post #31222 of 58049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Alright. This weeks questions for those up to the task:

1) where is the best place in aus to get a pair of chinos that will take you from a beer at the pub in a t shirt to high tea in an odd jacket and brogues?

2) what do you guys do in terms of key rings? I'm looking for a bottle opener one that still has a sense of elegance.

Might not suit everyone, but I really like Land's End chinos. They can be dressed up or dressed down, look good with an OCBD shirt, knit tie, blazer and a pair of longwings, or with a t-shirt/polo shirt and sneakers or boat shoes.
post #31223 of 58049
Good call on Land's End, Journeyman. Unfortunately I'm one of those people who can't wear them without considerable alterations, but they're fantastic for the price if they do suit you.
post #31224 of 58049
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBunny View Post

Dat intro on the LIV X KAMOSHITA interview! I like Kamoshita's relaxed style I.e. his polo shirt.

Ditto I really admire kamoshita's style.. I think it's his shared preference for suede shoes smile.gif
post #31225 of 58049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Alright. This weeks questions for those up to the task:

1) where is the best place in aus to get a pair of chinos that will take you from a beer at the pub in a t shirt to high tea in an odd jacket and brogues?

Other than for wearing at the gym and polishing shoes the only T Shirts a grownup should own are white and to be worn underneath a proper shirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

2) what do you guys do in terms of key rings? I'm looking for a bottle opener one that still has a sense of elegance.

I would never have imagined it was possible to use the words key ring/bottle opener and elegance in the same paragraph
Edited by fxh - 5/10/13 at 11:39pm
post #31226 of 58049
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Alright. This weeks questions for those up to the task:

1) where is the best place in aus to get a pair of chinos that will take you from a beer at the pub in a t shirt to high tea in an odd jacket and brogues?

Other then for wearing at the gym and polishing shoes the only T Shirts a grownup should own are white and to be worn underneath a proper shirt.

Gonna have to disagree on that one :-)


post #31227 of 58049
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Other than for wearing at the gym and polishing shoes the only T Shirts a grownup should own are white and to be worn underneath a proper shirt.
I would never have imagined it was possible to use the words key ring/bottle opener and elegance in the same paragraph

Lol I almost pissed myself laughing at your bottle opener comment
post #31228 of 58049
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

Mini shopping spree this arvo.

2 x Kamakura Oxford BD's in both shades of blue

1 x pair of brown suede chukkas and brown suede belt from Meermin. Got my "ready to ship" email with a payment request in 2 hours!

That'll do me for a bit, still have mothers day shopping to go, with a mum and a wife to buy for this year.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts about Kamakura, those shirts look great value. Can't wait until they release the knitted cotton one in the NY fit.

post #31229 of 58049

has anyone had a look at this field jacket from country road? for $135 it seems ok

 

http://www.countryroad.com.au/shop/man/clothing/casual-jackets-and-coats/60152900/Field-Jacket.html

post #31230 of 58049

Should get my suit shop suit Tuesday/Wednesday this week :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members