Anyone want any Saphir products? Might do an order from Valmour and would be keen to split shipping if anyone is so inclined.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 2073post #31082 of 679465/8/13 at 4:05ampost #31083 of 679465/8/13 at 4:33amQuote:
As promised.post #31084 of 679465/8/13 at 4:38ampost #31085 of 679465/8/13 at 4:47am
Here's a few brief tips from NY shoe store Leffot:
http://leffot.com/2009/08/13/shine-time-2/post #31086 of 679465/8/13 at 5:06ampost #31087 of 679465/8/13 at 5:10amDo any of the members who frequent South Melbourne know of any nearby shoe repair places that are trustworthy enough to fit simple toe caps? I've not had it done before so don't know how skilled or otherwise it is. I imagine it's just hammering the things on but given the toes are a bit worn it might be harder than that?
I'll be taking the shoes to Rekaris for more extensive repair at some point, but I'm looking for something to prevent further wear in the meantime. Thanks for any suggestions!post #31088 of 679465/8/13 at 5:17am
Too much polish, specially wax, can prevent the conditioner from soaking in. If you have been using wax polish you need to remove it prior to giving the shoes a drink. Shoes shouldn't be allowed to get thirsty.post #31089 of 679465/8/13 at 5:23amQuote:Originally Posted by lennier
Do any of the members who frequent South Melbourne know of any nearby shoe repair places that are trustworthy enough to fit simple toe caps? I've not had it done before so don't know how skilled or otherwise it is. I imagine it's just hammering the things on but given the toes are a bit worn it might be harder than that?
I'll be taking the shoes to Rekaris for more extensive repair at some point, but I'm looking for something to prevent further wear in the meantime. Thanks for any suggestions!
I'd imagine the beggar man thief blokes might have someone in the area.
Although if it is this bloke he might not be working for a while. I did hear he tapped someone.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/police-nab-bikies-in-dramatic-arrest-20130508-2j7aj.htmlpost #31090 of 679465/8/13 at 6:13ampost #31091 of 679465/8/13 at 8:23ampost #31092 of 679465/8/13 at 2:14pmpost #31093 of 679465/8/13 at 3:59pmpost #31094 of 679465/8/13 at 4:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
Jason, I remember seeing an interview with Gay Talese where his coats all had pocket squares already in them as he took them out of the wardrobe.
To save yourself time (but not money) you could store all yours with a white linen square.
Be a menswear scout, be prepared.
I find that leaving a linen PS in a jacket causes it to sag a bit and not look so good, because the cloth has so much memory. Better to store folded, and then form it up in the morning, it's got more spring that way,post #31095 of 679465/8/13 at 5:02pm
Hey thanks for the reply and the pics, much appreciated. I like the brown in the first image can see that going well with Navy/grey, and the polished Aldwychs' above look pretty good. Almost placed an order for just the black churchills this morning, will see about adding in one of the browns again now :)Quote:Originally Posted by burnso
Hey so I noticed you're still having a bit of trouble deciding on your Brown shoe, and was in Henry Bucks today so took a few pics.
I will take back what I said about the Loake Aldwych Brown being 'horrible', it is actually ok for the price (the pair was a bit creased up), and you might actually be quite happy with the shade of Brown. The Aldwych in store was the same shade as the Churchill, and both were a decent mid-conservative brown, with the cap burnished slightly darker.
The other pair are a choc brown.
I also thought if you need a 2nd pair of affordable shoes, and considered putting off the brown for another black pair, have a look at the Cheaney Fenchurch quarter brogues (http://www.cheaney.co.uk/index.php).
They are surprisingly cheap, free shipping, and the 11028 last is really nice. Just a thought ;)
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › Luciano Barbera Wool Herringbone Car Coat - size 44 - made in Italy 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 5 minutes ago
- › Take all of the guns. All of them. 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 12 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...