Anyone want any Saphir products? Might do an order from Valmour and would be keen to split shipping if anyone is so inclined.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2073
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31082 of 665555/8/13 at 4:05ampost #31083 of 665555/8/13 at 4:33amQuote:
As promised.post #31084 of 665555/8/13 at 4:38ampost #31085 of 665555/8/13 at 4:47ampost #31086 of 665555/8/13 at 5:06ampost #31087 of 665555/8/13 at 5:10amDo any of the members who frequent South Melbourne know of any nearby shoe repair places that are trustworthy enough to fit simple toe caps? I've not had it done before so don't know how skilled or otherwise it is. I imagine it's just hammering the things on but given the toes are a bit worn it might be harder than that?
I'll be taking the shoes to Rekaris for more extensive repair at some point, but I'm looking for something to prevent further wear in the meantime. Thanks for any suggestions!post #31088 of 665555/8/13 at 5:17am
Too much polish, specially wax, can prevent the conditioner from soaking in. If you have been using wax polish you need to remove it prior to giving the shoes a drink. Shoes shouldn't be allowed to get thirsty.post #31089 of 665555/8/13 at 5:23amQuote:Originally Posted by lennier
Do any of the members who frequent South Melbourne know of any nearby shoe repair places that are trustworthy enough to fit simple toe caps? I've not had it done before so don't know how skilled or otherwise it is. I imagine it's just hammering the things on but given the toes are a bit worn it might be harder than that?
I'll be taking the shoes to Rekaris for more extensive repair at some point, but I'm looking for something to prevent further wear in the meantime. Thanks for any suggestions!
I'd imagine the beggar man thief blokes might have someone in the area.
Although if it is this bloke he might not be working for a while. I did hear he tapped someone.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/police-nab-bikies-in-dramatic-arrest-20130508-2j7aj.htmlpost #31090 of 665555/8/13 at 6:13ampost #31091 of 665555/8/13 at 8:23ampost #31092 of 665555/8/13 at 2:14pmpost #31093 of 665555/8/13 at 3:59pmpost #31094 of 665555/8/13 at 4:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
Jason, I remember seeing an interview with Gay Talese where his coats all had pocket squares already in them as he took them out of the wardrobe.
To save yourself time (but not money) you could store all yours with a white linen square.
Be a menswear scout, be prepared.
I find that leaving a linen PS in a jacket causes it to sag a bit and not look so good, because the cloth has so much memory. Better to store folded, and then form it up in the morning, it's got more spring that way,post #31095 of 665555/8/13 at 5:02pm
Hey thanks for the reply and the pics, much appreciated. I like the brown in the first image can see that going well with Navy/grey, and the polished Aldwychs' above look pretty good. Almost placed an order for just the black churchills this morning, will see about adding in one of the browns again now :)Quote:Originally Posted by burnso
Hey so I noticed you're still having a bit of trouble deciding on your Brown shoe, and was in Henry Bucks today so took a few pics.
I will take back what I said about the Loake Aldwych Brown being 'horrible', it is actually ok for the price (the pair was a bit creased up), and you might actually be quite happy with the shade of Brown. The Aldwych in store was the same shade as the Churchill, and both were a decent mid-conservative brown, with the cap burnished slightly darker.
The other pair are a choc brown.
I also thought if you need a 2nd pair of affordable shoes, and considered putting off the brown for another black pair, have a look at the Cheaney Fenchurch quarter brogues (http://www.cheaney.co.uk/index.php).
They are surprisingly cheap, free shipping, and the 11028 last is really nice. Just a thought ;)
- Australian Members
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 23 seconds ago
- › BNIB Santoni Penny Loafers F.A.M Size 9UK (Fit 9.5UK) 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Site Topics - Part II 1 minute ago
- › Remember Bill Murray In Moonrise Kingdom? ~ Murray's Nantucket Red 1 minute ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › Viccel.com socks 9 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories