Anyone want any Saphir products? Might do an order from Valmour and would be keen to split shipping if anyone is so inclined.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2073
Styleforum Top Pickspost #31082 of 609845/8/13 at 4:05ampost #31083 of 609845/8/13 at 4:33amQuote:
As promised.post #31084 of 609845/8/13 at 4:38ampost #31085 of 609845/8/13 at 4:47ampost #31086 of 609845/8/13 at 5:06ampost #31087 of 609845/8/13 at 5:10amDo any of the members who frequent South Melbourne know of any nearby shoe repair places that are trustworthy enough to fit simple toe caps? I've not had it done before so don't know how skilled or otherwise it is. I imagine it's just hammering the things on but given the toes are a bit worn it might be harder than that?
I'll be taking the shoes to Rekaris for more extensive repair at some point, but I'm looking for something to prevent further wear in the meantime. Thanks for any suggestions!post #31088 of 609845/8/13 at 5:17am
Too much polish, specially wax, can prevent the conditioner from soaking in. If you have been using wax polish you need to remove it prior to giving the shoes a drink. Shoes shouldn't be allowed to get thirsty.post #31089 of 609845/8/13 at 5:23amQuote:Originally Posted by lennier
Do any of the members who frequent South Melbourne know of any nearby shoe repair places that are trustworthy enough to fit simple toe caps? I've not had it done before so don't know how skilled or otherwise it is. I imagine it's just hammering the things on but given the toes are a bit worn it might be harder than that?
I'll be taking the shoes to Rekaris for more extensive repair at some point, but I'm looking for something to prevent further wear in the meantime. Thanks for any suggestions!
I'd imagine the beggar man thief blokes might have someone in the area.
Although if it is this bloke he might not be working for a while. I did hear he tapped someone.
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/police-nab-bikies-in-dramatic-arrest-20130508-2j7aj.htmlpost #31090 of 609845/8/13 at 6:13ampost #31091 of 609845/8/13 at 8:23ampost #31092 of 609845/8/13 at 2:14pmpost #31093 of 609845/8/13 at 3:59pmpost #31094 of 609845/8/13 at 4:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
Jason, I remember seeing an interview with Gay Talese where his coats all had pocket squares already in them as he took them out of the wardrobe.
To save yourself time (but not money) you could store all yours with a white linen square.
Be a menswear scout, be prepared.
I find that leaving a linen PS in a jacket causes it to sag a bit and not look so good, because the cloth has so much memory. Better to store folded, and then form it up in the morning, it's got more spring that way,post #31095 of 609845/8/13 at 5:02pm
Hey thanks for the reply and the pics, much appreciated. I like the brown in the first image can see that going well with Navy/grey, and the polished Aldwychs' above look pretty good. Almost placed an order for just the black churchills this morning, will see about adding in one of the browns again now :)Quote:Originally Posted by burnso
Hey so I noticed you're still having a bit of trouble deciding on your Brown shoe, and was in Henry Bucks today so took a few pics.
I will take back what I said about the Loake Aldwych Brown being 'horrible', it is actually ok for the price (the pair was a bit creased up), and you might actually be quite happy with the shade of Brown. The Aldwych in store was the same shade as the Churchill, and both were a decent mid-conservative brown, with the cap burnished slightly darker.
The other pair are a choc brown.
I also thought if you need a 2nd pair of affordable shoes, and considered putting off the brown for another black pair, have a look at the Cheaney Fenchurch quarter brogues (http://www.cheaney.co.uk/index.php).
They are surprisingly cheap, free shipping, and the 11028 last is really nice. Just a thought ;)
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 31 seconds ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 5 minutes ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 9 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: Classic Menswear, Casual Style 9 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 13 minutes ago
- › "Giving Reputation" - my mistake - please ignore. Have reposted in... 13 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 14 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Caliber India Varsity Letterman Jackets and...
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan