Also check out Hallenstein. Their stuff is cheap but quality is very good for the price. http://www.hallensteins.com/product/Merino-Cardigan?i=7860420&v=7862210
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 11/14/13 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2060
Styleforum Top Picks
My mate The Shooman says to always put conditioner on new shoes as they have often been sitting a long time without a drink.
I always condition the heel inside and out and especially on the top edges to avoid the dreaded topline seam rub. Sometimes its worth conditioning the inside of the toe cap seam
Good advice I reckon. First thing I do with new shoes, condition them up a couple of times.
Never thought of conditioning the inside of a shoe.
What ever happened to plain grey King Gees?
I've got both Loake for Herring and EG oxfords you can spot the difference pretty easily from a distance -- even with the EGs being a conservative last (202).
Regarding shoes, I agree with Plestor that you can quite easily tell the difference between, for example, Loake and EG, from a distance. I also agree with the earlier comment that Cheaney (at 20 to 30 per cent more) looks more handsome than a pair of Loake's. But, Loake still make good shoes and it's about finding what fits your needs and wants.
Oh, iSurg - keen to hear your thoughts on Bailey Nelson - happy for you to PM if you feel more comfortable sharing views that way.
Re the Loakes, an easier comparison is Meermin vs Loakes. I personally found Loakes to lack adequate cork padding and stiff leather insole. The difference in comfort is already a million years apart, for the same price, and we have not even started on leather quality yet.
Not only is it easier to compare Loake and Meermin, PetePan, but also fairer. Comparing Loake's 1880 range (though it's their best), with EG, John Lobb, et al isn't at all fair to any of the brands, because they do cater to vastly different budgets.
An entirely valid point, TBM, but it's worth noting that Oli did originally ask why one would bother to purchase C&J's or even more expensive shoes as opposed to a pair of Loake 1880 shoes, and so responses to his question naturally mentioned more expensive brands.
Does MJ Bale do the 2 for $1000 instore as well? Been waiting a few weeks for them to restock some of the online sizes of the pants, customer service whilst very nice keeps assuring me they update the inventory regularly...not seeing it though.
Are there any Loake (price) or equivalent with a nice darkish brown that people would recommend in an oxford? I was considering the Meermin brown calf oxford but the wait times is a little off putting, eitherway if anyone has a recommendation would love to hear.
I see I missed the Cardigan discussion earlier but for what its worth these arrived today, pretty happy with them for the 25% off. if you are after colour and something different than grey::
Yes. And if they store doesn't have your size, they'll order it in. They get $$ for sales, obviously. Buy enough stuff and they usually give you a discount, too.
Very true. I pointed out Meermin because the Meerkats are quite close to C & J's benchgrade in terms of quality, and hence by choosing Meermin, Oli may be getting C & J quality for Loake's price, which solves his conundrum. We Aussies are practical buggers.
- Australian Members
- › Ann Demeulemeester wool pants / Size : S ( good for 28-->32 ) 55 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 1 minute ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 1 minute ago
- › Random Food Questions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 4 minutes ago
- › NFL 2013-14 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw