or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2053

post #30781 of 52280
Nowhere in Melbourne has it. You'll have to order online and pay exorbitant shipping fees. I have one I bought from The Hanger Project. Happy to sell you it.

As an addendum for other frequent posters and friends here (GN, PS, et al) - can't even take myself seriously now that I'm selling deer bone hahahaaa
post #30782 of 52280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozloupgarou View Post

Hey Guys
Sorry to hijack the thread....frequent reader and infrequent poster...keen to get a deer bone for my cordovan shoes (heard it is very beneficial)...anywhere in Melbourne got it?
Thanks
OLG

 

If any place stocks deer bone accessories, they might be able to order one with their next batch. I did a group order for us a while back and got them from Abbeyhorn out of the UK. ~$30 for one landed, iirc, less with more.

post #30783 of 52280
Joiji, did you get me my one? I think you did. Anyway, I don't use it - I still find the Mac method works fine for polishing cordovan smile.gif
post #30784 of 52280
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Nowhere in Melbourne has it. You'll have to order online and pay exorbitant shipping fees. I have one I bought from The Hanger Project. Happy to sell you it.

As an addendum for other frequent posters and friends here (GN, PS, et al) - can't even take myself seriously now that I'm selling deer bone hahahaaa

I'm sure you only got it for stand up material??????
post #30785 of 52280
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Joiji, did you get me my one? I think you did. Anyway, I don't use it - I still find the Mac method works fine for polishing cordovan smile.gif

 

Just sent you a PM because I thought I did, was wondering if it arrived safe an sound, nevermind!

post #30786 of 52280
Hot damn Joiji...missed that boat big time! Obviously should have paid more attention to the thread. Mr Brownman...I did go down the Hangar project pathway (Kirby has got some really nice stuff!) but unfortunately customs got it and the rest is history! I will now pm you!
OLG
post #30787 of 52280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozloupgarou View Post

Hey Guys
Sorry to hijack the thread....frequent reader and infrequent poster...keen to get a deer bone for my cordovan shoes (heard it is very beneficial)...anywhere in Melbourne got it?
Thanks
OLG

Please note I have made no comment re the deer bone.

But I am curios re your online name - Willy De Ville fan?
post #30788 of 52280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozloupgarou View Post

Hot damn Joiji...missed that boat big time! Obviously should have paid more attention to the thread. Mr Brownman...I did go down the Hangar project pathway (Kirby has got some really nice stuff!) but unfortunately customs got it and the rest is history! I will now pm you!
OLG

 

Oh dear. Didn't realise customs cared..lucky ours scraped through then.

post #30789 of 52280
Yeh I got the call for the $200 irradiation treatment fee from Fed ex...
post #30790 of 52280
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSurg View Post

Macau. The best day trip ever

iSurg, I'm interested in what made Macau the best day trip ever for you. I was there for a week in January. Some interesting Portuguese/Asian fusion culture and architecture on the Peninsula. Massive Casino/Mall/Hotel complexes on the Island. Good gold prices. Cheap and impressive Chinese mainland food. On the other hand, appalling air quality, a pervasive gambling and shopping culture, and a decrepit city area outside the World Heritage and Casino precincts. I found it in parts interesting, challenging and depressing. Much like most cities (or SARs) I suppose, but I found HK a far more stimulating experience.
post #30791 of 52280
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

The Ms is sitting in front of TV watching Richmond vs Geelong, yelling & swearing, drinking and eating chips etc.

Me: I'm in the office having a quiet James Squire Stowaway IPA, listening to ABC Jazz on digital radio, Yamaha NS10 - white cone vintage speakers, and reading the Productivity Commission Report on NDIS.
I can't stand sport.

Its a funny old world isn't it.

 

post #30792 of 52280
"But I am curios re your online name - Willy De Ville fan?"

Sorry fxh....no not related to said performer...unfortunately it s a nickname that stuck after a friend of mine saw a paperbook in Paris with said creature on the front and thought I resembled it in my uni days..quite unflattering but sentimentally comforting for old times sake (I guess)..
post #30793 of 52280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozloupgarou View Post

"But I am curios re your online name - Willy De Ville fan?"

Sorry fxh....no not related to said performer...unfortunately it s a nickname that stuck after a friend of mine saw a paperbook in Paris with said creature on the front and thought I resembled it in my uni days..quite unflattering but sentimentally comforting for old times sake (I guess)..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loup_Garou

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsvnsljDJpU
post #30794 of 52280
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozloupgarou View Post

Yeh I got the call for the $200 irradiation treatment fee from Fed ex...

And yet my order of 3 bones slipped through. Oh your's came Fedex, mine came Royal Mail which would have gone through AusPost, might have been the reason.

post #30795 of 52280
Yep you certainly dodged the customs bullet.....
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members