Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2048post #30706 of 518905/2/13 at 7:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30707 of 518905/2/13 at 7:07pmpost #30708 of 518905/2/13 at 7:21pmpost #30709 of 518905/2/13 at 7:23pmpost #30710 of 518905/2/13 at 8:00pmpost #30711 of 518905/2/13 at 8:07pmQuote:
Hmmmm as somebody heading to Paris in June for a month with the better half this concerns me. Speaking of which, I will ask for tips again closer to the time but if anybody has any good suggestions for must visit menswear outlets in Paris please let me know.post #30712 of 518905/2/13 at 8:07pmpost #30713 of 518905/2/13 at 8:12pmQuote:
Jimmy Carr is a phenomenon with hecklers.
And Louis CK - one of the best to watch now.
I tend to find the British stand-up comedians more enjoyable to watch. Speaking of which - I hear Danny Bhoy's tour of Australia was a hit, with all the new material.post #30714 of 518905/2/13 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Robert Meredith
Thoughts on good value cashmere sweaters anyone?
J Crew have a 20% off sale atm with flat $10 delivery to Aus, putting them at ~$75 a pop. Obviously not going to be the same quality cashmere as the higher end stuff, but I'm thinking about picking up a couple to check them out.
I've read that J Crew cashmere's durability is horrible.post #30715 of 518905/2/13 at 8:15pmQuote:
Didn't do too much shopping in Paris, but my first stop was Carmina. Well located (near the Louvre). Rue de Opera I think.
Because the in-store price is so good, they appear happy to let you try various lasts and are even eager to write the details down for you.
Beware they do stock very nice womens shoes as well ie don't take the wife ;)post #30716 of 518905/2/13 at 8:17pmWatch experts: I have been entrusted with buying my sister's 21st present. The watch we are getting is the Longines La Grande Classique Quartz - 29mm L4.518.104.22.168.
I'm trying to find the cheapest price online while still buying from a reputable dealer.
The cheapest I have found so far is this:
+ shipping + international credit card fee it comes to 600 pounds or so.
They seem to have a good reputation and have a street presence.
Does anyone have any other ideas for where to look?
Additionally, is there anything I should be aware of buying an expensive watch internationally in terms of warranty etc.? They claim "Full Manufacturers International Warranty".
Cheerspost #30717 of 518905/2/13 at 8:22pmpost #30718 of 518905/2/13 at 8:39pmQuote:
You will just miss the summer sales in July, which maybe immaterial if you are after designer/boutique stuff.
Carmina in Paris is about 20% more expensive than direct online. John Lobbs/Hermes is also cheaper in UK, but at that price range, you wont really care.
Charvet at Place Vendome is definitely a place to visit, even if just purely for its old world charm.
The Metro is your friend, but you may need to hold your breath in summer.post #30719 of 518905/2/13 at 8:39pmpost #30720 of 518905/2/13 at 8:42pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Random fashion thoughts 7 seconds ago
- › FS: New Full bespoke navy nailhead 3r2 jacket UK38S 34 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 54 seconds ago
- › FS: (NEW DEAL) cheap tweed coat by Rocha John Rocha size small... 1 minute ago
- › Personal Wardrobe Sales: Savile Row Bespoke, HK local made and... 2 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 2 minutes ago
- › French Cuffs 3 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 5 minutes ago
- › Kiton Cipa DB suit blue birdseye - IT50 - brand new 5 minutes ago
- › TOJ Grey Suede Baseball Jacket 48 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)