Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2048post #30706 of 580495/2/13 at 7:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30707 of 580495/2/13 at 7:07pmpost #30708 of 580495/2/13 at 7:21pmpost #30709 of 580495/2/13 at 7:23pmpost #30710 of 580495/2/13 at 8:00pmpost #30711 of 580495/2/13 at 8:07pmQuote:
Hmmmm as somebody heading to Paris in June for a month with the better half this concerns me. Speaking of which, I will ask for tips again closer to the time but if anybody has any good suggestions for must visit menswear outlets in Paris please let me know.post #30712 of 580495/2/13 at 8:07pmpost #30713 of 580495/2/13 at 8:12pmQuote:
Jimmy Carr is a phenomenon with hecklers.
And Louis CK - one of the best to watch now.
I tend to find the British stand-up comedians more enjoyable to watch. Speaking of which - I hear Danny Bhoy's tour of Australia was a hit, with all the new material.post #30714 of 580495/2/13 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Robert Meredith
Thoughts on good value cashmere sweaters anyone?
J Crew have a 20% off sale atm with flat $10 delivery to Aus, putting them at ~$75 a pop. Obviously not going to be the same quality cashmere as the higher end stuff, but I'm thinking about picking up a couple to check them out.
I've read that J Crew cashmere's durability is horrible.post #30715 of 580495/2/13 at 8:15pmQuote:
Didn't do too much shopping in Paris, but my first stop was Carmina. Well located (near the Louvre). Rue de Opera I think.
Because the in-store price is so good, they appear happy to let you try various lasts and are even eager to write the details down for you.
Beware they do stock very nice womens shoes as well ie don't take the wife ;)post #30716 of 580495/2/13 at 8:17pmWatch experts: I have been entrusted with buying my sister's 21st present. The watch we are getting is the Longines La Grande Classique Quartz - 29mm L4.5184.108.40.206.
I'm trying to find the cheapest price online while still buying from a reputable dealer.
The cheapest I have found so far is this:
+ shipping + international credit card fee it comes to 600 pounds or so.
They seem to have a good reputation and have a street presence.
Does anyone have any other ideas for where to look?
Additionally, is there anything I should be aware of buying an expensive watch internationally in terms of warranty etc.? They claim "Full Manufacturers International Warranty".
Cheerspost #30717 of 580495/2/13 at 8:22pmpost #30718 of 580495/2/13 at 8:39pmQuote:
You will just miss the summer sales in July, which maybe immaterial if you are after designer/boutique stuff.
Carmina in Paris is about 20% more expensive than direct online. John Lobbs/Hermes is also cheaper in UK, but at that price range, you wont really care.
Charvet at Place Vendome is definitely a place to visit, even if just purely for its old world charm.
The Metro is your friend, but you may need to hold your breath in summer.post #30719 of 580495/2/13 at 8:39pmpost #30720 of 580495/2/13 at 8:42pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Uniqlo Undercover UU Riders jacket sz small 3 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 4 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 7 minutes ago
- › Shopping für die perfekte North Face Daunenjacke 8 minutes ago
- › Mmm Margiela reverse leather combat boots sz 41 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 21 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 22 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 25 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...