Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2048post #30706 of 603525/2/13 at 7:02pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30707 of 603525/2/13 at 7:07pmpost #30708 of 603525/2/13 at 7:21pmpost #30709 of 603525/2/13 at 7:23pmpost #30710 of 603525/2/13 at 8:00pmpost #30711 of 603525/2/13 at 8:07pmQuote:
Hmmmm as somebody heading to Paris in June for a month with the better half this concerns me. Speaking of which, I will ask for tips again closer to the time but if anybody has any good suggestions for must visit menswear outlets in Paris please let me know.post #30712 of 603525/2/13 at 8:07pmpost #30713 of 603525/2/13 at 8:12pmQuote:
Jimmy Carr is a phenomenon with hecklers.
And Louis CK - one of the best to watch now.
I tend to find the British stand-up comedians more enjoyable to watch. Speaking of which - I hear Danny Bhoy's tour of Australia was a hit, with all the new material.post #30714 of 603525/2/13 at 8:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Robert Meredith
Thoughts on good value cashmere sweaters anyone?
J Crew have a 20% off sale atm with flat $10 delivery to Aus, putting them at ~$75 a pop. Obviously not going to be the same quality cashmere as the higher end stuff, but I'm thinking about picking up a couple to check them out.
I've read that J Crew cashmere's durability is horrible.post #30715 of 603525/2/13 at 8:15pmQuote:
Didn't do too much shopping in Paris, but my first stop was Carmina. Well located (near the Louvre). Rue de Opera I think.
Because the in-store price is so good, they appear happy to let you try various lasts and are even eager to write the details down for you.
Beware they do stock very nice womens shoes as well ie don't take the wife ;)post #30716 of 603525/2/13 at 8:17pmWatch experts: I have been entrusted with buying my sister's 21st present. The watch we are getting is the Longines La Grande Classique Quartz - 29mm L4.5184.108.40.206.
I'm trying to find the cheapest price online while still buying from a reputable dealer.
The cheapest I have found so far is this:
+ shipping + international credit card fee it comes to 600 pounds or so.
They seem to have a good reputation and have a street presence.
Does anyone have any other ideas for where to look?
Additionally, is there anything I should be aware of buying an expensive watch internationally in terms of warranty etc.? They claim "Full Manufacturers International Warranty".
Cheerspost #30717 of 603525/2/13 at 8:22pmpost #30718 of 603525/2/13 at 8:39pmQuote:
You will just miss the summer sales in July, which maybe immaterial if you are after designer/boutique stuff.
Carmina in Paris is about 20% more expensive than direct online. John Lobbs/Hermes is also cheaper in UK, but at that price range, you wont really care.
Charvet at Place Vendome is definitely a place to visit, even if just purely for its old world charm.
The Metro is your friend, but you may need to hold your breath in summer.post #30719 of 603525/2/13 at 8:39pmpost #30720 of 603525/2/13 at 8:42pm
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › What are you drinking right now? 31 seconds ago
- › Napolisumisura bespoke grey suit -- about size 36/38 -- forza Napoli 34 seconds ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 35 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 6 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 6 minutes ago
- › Jack Erwin Shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Why all the hate for wholecuts? 10 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 14 minutes ago
- › Cool Shoes, Paraphernalia & Desiderata - Part II 14 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...