My thoughts exactly. Maybe patch pockets and soft shoulders to keep coat looking orphaned.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 11/14/13 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2028
Styleforum Top Picks
Guys.. need some advice... dad needs a suit for a wedding in 4 weeks. He does not wear suits at all (was thinking about getting him a jacket that could be worn casually as well), any recommendations what and where to get a suit?
I was thinking PJohnson for the jacket (provided it could get made in that time).
Also had Travelers Apparel in mind, anyone tried them out before?
Lastly was OTR and then altered (Brands I had in mind .... MJ Bale?)
Availability of sizing will also be an issue. His shoulders fit a 36 jacket (but his waist does not).
Thanks in advance!
4 weeks is cutting it fine for MTM - just go OTR
Jumping on the bandwagon here - thanks fxh for posting the details of this site. They certainly look to be providing decent eyewear at a price which wont bring tears to ones eyes.
Unfortunately my myopia is such that they do not yet make lenses to suit, which is a shame 'cos they have some quite decent frames available. I might make a call during the week to see if there is any possibility of them grinding lenses which a sphere greater than -6 anytime in the near future.
Just a follow up to my post earlier - I spoke with the Sydney store this morning and they advised they only use polycarbonate lens, and only supply in a refractive index of up to 1.74. This equates to a correction of -7.5 dioptas (without any astigatism correction which impacts as further).
So for me, it's the decision to try some frames without lens and wear the $300 odd from the optometrist to get high index glass lens fitted.
Five piece or nothing - http://alioutfit.tumblr.com/post/32257091855/5-piece-suit-with-inclusion-of-matching-hat-and
Lachy I think if you are going to use it as an odd jacket ala the famous grey herringbone Sydney versions some of us have the herringbone needs to be a larger scale than most suit fabrics you find in a Herringbone weave. A smaller weave might look a bit orphaned on it's own as a coat, but then again a larger one might look funny in the trousers by themselves. I'd most likely do one of the other myself.
P.S after 3 days lost business after being hacked the website is finally functioning again.
Soft shoulders, patch pockets, brown horn buttons and THAT is it. PS If your a size 40 get two made
I have to concur about getting a full suit made, complete versatility for the colder months.
I think JM stated Herringbone have released another series of that jacket this season, that's the path l will be taking. Let us know how you go.
Some ties dimple more easily than others; some dimple better over time; some don't dimple at all. I wouldn't be too fussed about it, especially since the rest of the look is nicely put together.
Could be coincidental -- but the pattern matching on all the pieces are pretty wicked.
I have officially have nothing more to say about that getup.
- Australian Members
- › Australian Members 13 seconds ago
- › Lets talk about COFFEE 25 seconds ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 58 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › Shoe Aesthetics 2 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 3 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw