My thoughts exactly. Maybe patch pockets and soft shoulders to keep coat looking orphaned.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for different occasion
Last edited: 1/2/14
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?
Australian Members - Page 2028
Styleforum Top Picks
Guys.. need some advice... dad needs a suit for a wedding in 4 weeks. He does not wear suits at all (was thinking about getting him a jacket that could be worn casually as well), any recommendations what and where to get a suit?
I was thinking PJohnson for the jacket (provided it could get made in that time).
Also had Travelers Apparel in mind, anyone tried them out before?
Lastly was OTR and then altered (Brands I had in mind .... MJ Bale?)
Availability of sizing will also be an issue. His shoulders fit a 36 jacket (but his waist does not).
Thanks in advance!
4 weeks is cutting it fine for MTM - just go OTR
Jumping on the bandwagon here - thanks fxh for posting the details of this site. They certainly look to be providing decent eyewear at a price which wont bring tears to ones eyes.
Unfortunately my myopia is such that they do not yet make lenses to suit, which is a shame 'cos they have some quite decent frames available. I might make a call during the week to see if there is any possibility of them grinding lenses which a sphere greater than -6 anytime in the near future.
Just a follow up to my post earlier - I spoke with the Sydney store this morning and they advised they only use polycarbonate lens, and only supply in a refractive index of up to 1.74. This equates to a correction of -7.5 dioptas (without any astigatism correction which impacts as further).
So for me, it's the decision to try some frames without lens and wear the $300 odd from the optometrist to get high index glass lens fitted.
Five piece or nothing - http://alioutfit.tumblr.com/post/32257091855/5-piece-suit-with-inclusion-of-matching-hat-and
Lachy I think if you are going to use it as an odd jacket ala the famous grey herringbone Sydney versions some of us have the herringbone needs to be a larger scale than most suit fabrics you find in a Herringbone weave. A smaller weave might look a bit orphaned on it's own as a coat, but then again a larger one might look funny in the trousers by themselves. I'd most likely do one of the other myself.
P.S after 3 days lost business after being hacked the website is finally functioning again.
Soft shoulders, patch pockets, brown horn buttons and THAT is it. PS If your a size 40 get two made
I have to concur about getting a full suit made, complete versatility for the colder months.
I think JM stated Herringbone have released another series of that jacket this season, that's the path l will be taking. Let us know how you go.
Some ties dimple more easily than others; some dimple better over time; some don't dimple at all. I wouldn't be too fussed about it, especially since the rest of the look is nicely put together.
Could be coincidental -- but the pattern matching on all the pieces are pretty wicked.
I have officially have nothing more to say about that getup.
- Australian Members
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 1 minute ago
- › VALEXTRA - Briefcase in Havana Tan 1 minute ago
- › Yohji, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Looser Fit... 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 5 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 5 minutes ago
- › FS: "Gentleman: A Timeless Guide To Fashion" Book 6 minutes ago
- › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura 6 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 8 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › 5 Tips to find the best pair of shoes for... by mahnoormalik
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw