The city is quiet... im going shopping
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2019post #30271 of 679464/25/13 at 7:13pmpost #30272 of 679464/25/13 at 7:17pmA friend just told me that his FIL revealed to him yesterday thast he has suitases full of high-end suiting that he has collected over the years - apparently enough for some 20 suits.
They are wondering if there's anyone in Melbourne who will make suits from fabric you supply, at a reasonable cost. I don't know of anyone myself - do any of you guys know somebody who does this?post #30273 of 679464/25/13 at 7:47pm
Aye Simon, chill broski. And have a brewski.
We know you're only doing what a business owner has to do - sell your product. In here there are some who don't like the goods you have to offer, while others are fans. Such are the vicissitudes of life.
What I've enjoyed about this thread is the balance between jovial banter and serious thoughts on menswear. I will not claim to speak on anyone's behalf, but your posts, at times, come off as trying to shove your product down my throat. Some may call it "aggressive marketing", but I like to call a spade, a spade.
Your posts stand out a little from the general warmth and 'human' side of the others.
And in that spirit of warmth, I think the rest of us could do with cutting Simon some slack, too. Man's got (or eventually will) have a family to feed.post #30274 of 679464/25/13 at 8:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
For the record affiliates are allowed to and encouraged to post in threads other than their own, it's when those posts become like advertisements that the issues pop up. The forum is becoming more and more commercial everyday, not necessarilly a good thing. I can't open it and not see banner ads for Westfield now (or insert other non clothing related ads) which is a shame. That combined with me now having a retail prescence will prob see me explore more traditional press/advertising and give up being an affiliate over the next 6 months.
But... affiliates do best when they become part of the community. Anyone who knows anything about marketing an online business knows that engaging with your clients online is key. Look no further than the Howard Yount thread to see how this can backfire, with Jamison becoming seemingly non existent both on his own thread and dealing with enquiries and returns.
Pictures say a thousand words, walls of text say I have no decent pictures. Unfortunately Simon hasn't worked this out yet both on SF and on his website, despite being told countless times. But it's his business and he can run it how he pleases.
I was a member for 2 years before I started the business and I'm interested and passionate about clothing and tailoring in general and I'll continue to contribute even when the time comes that I'm not an affiliate. This thread is always a good resource for us all no matter which side of the fence you are on. Anyone who came to the trunk show will agree that it's helped create the community we have.
@Nabil, glad you are happy with your tie!
Nothing wrong with running a business. But when it becomes ALL you talk about, then you're not joining the community, you're just hawking your wares. Not good!post #30275 of 679464/25/13 at 8:27pmpost #30276 of 679464/25/13 at 8:29pmRe affiliate threads there are no better than Epaulet. Why any affiliate wouldn't aim to sell their products and engage with their customers like they do is beyond me. Their approach creates immense brand loyalty and an endless cycle of feedback which ultimately strengthens the product (and business).post #30277 of 679464/25/13 at 9:03pmpost #30278 of 679464/25/13 at 9:20pmpost #30279 of 679464/25/13 at 9:20pmpost #30280 of 679464/25/13 at 9:44pmpost #30281 of 679464/25/13 at 9:51pmpost #30282 of 679464/25/13 at 10:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
A friend just told me that his FIL revealed to him yesterday thast he has suitases full of high-end suiting that he has collected over the years - apparently enough for some 20 suits.
They are wondering if there's anyone in Melbourne who will make suits from fabric you supply, at a reasonable cost. I don't know of anyone myself - do any of you guys know somebody who does this?
not for a reasonable price. you can always take some abroad with you though.
gordon yao does travel here and offers cmt, so you can get measured up and then send the fabric over. thats probably the most reasonably priced optionpost #30283 of 679464/25/13 at 10:13pm
We're at the back end of the week, hope everyone one has great weekend plans!
I'm once again exploiting the power that, that is AM! Any suggestions for a large frame tortoiseshell glasses, brands etc. Doesn't appear to many stockists of Oliver
Peoples around, and apart from Persol, l'm not familiar with others....
Oh BM - have you got any Herringbone - Herringbone grey jackets for sale? I should have pm'd but hey it's friday!
PS - Michael Sy my man, this weekend appreciate the shape and form of the lady, no checking out dub, triple or quadriple monks.post #30284 of 679464/25/13 at 10:38pmpost #30285 of 679464/25/13 at 10:46pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread just now
- › Proper Cloth - Official Affiliate Thread 1 minute ago
- › www.ehaberdasher.com - affiliate page 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 11 minutes ago
- › Articles of Style shop? 19 minutes ago
- › New BALENCIAGA Urban white leather sneakers - EU43 / US10 - RRP... 23 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 24 minutes ago
- › NBA 2015-2016 Season Thread 31 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 32 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Sage de Cret Green Jacquard Wool Linen Blazer by robxznyc
- › Gerani Corduroy Slim Straight Pants Yellow by robxznyc
- › Luigi Bianchi Rough Heavy Cotton Twill Blazer Yellow by robxznyc
- › Sage de Cret Patchwork Wool Bomber Jacket by robxznyc
- › WLG by Giorgio Brato Brown Nubuck Bomber Leather Jacket by robxznyc
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...
- › What to Wear: The Black Tie Wedding
- › What to Wear: The Casual Summer Wedding
- › What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Ron Rider's comprehensive Shoe Care Guide