The city is quiet... im going shopping
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2019post #30271 of 559524/25/13 at 7:13pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30272 of 559524/25/13 at 7:17pmA friend just told me that his FIL revealed to him yesterday thast he has suitases full of high-end suiting that he has collected over the years - apparently enough for some 20 suits.
They are wondering if there's anyone in Melbourne who will make suits from fabric you supply, at a reasonable cost. I don't know of anyone myself - do any of you guys know somebody who does this?post #30273 of 559524/25/13 at 7:47pm
Aye Simon, chill broski. And have a brewski.
We know you're only doing what a business owner has to do - sell your product. In here there are some who don't like the goods you have to offer, while others are fans. Such are the vicissitudes of life.
What I've enjoyed about this thread is the balance between jovial banter and serious thoughts on menswear. I will not claim to speak on anyone's behalf, but your posts, at times, come off as trying to shove your product down my throat. Some may call it "aggressive marketing", but I like to call a spade, a spade.
Your posts stand out a little from the general warmth and 'human' side of the others.
And in that spirit of warmth, I think the rest of us could do with cutting Simon some slack, too. Man's got (or eventually will) have a family to feed.post #30274 of 559524/25/13 at 8:26pmQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
For the record affiliates are allowed to and encouraged to post in threads other than their own, it's when those posts become like advertisements that the issues pop up. The forum is becoming more and more commercial everyday, not necessarilly a good thing. I can't open it and not see banner ads for Westfield now (or insert other non clothing related ads) which is a shame. That combined with me now having a retail prescence will prob see me explore more traditional press/advertising and give up being an affiliate over the next 6 months.
But... affiliates do best when they become part of the community. Anyone who knows anything about marketing an online business knows that engaging with your clients online is key. Look no further than the Howard Yount thread to see how this can backfire, with Jamison becoming seemingly non existent both on his own thread and dealing with enquiries and returns.
Pictures say a thousand words, walls of text say I have no decent pictures. Unfortunately Simon hasn't worked this out yet both on SF and on his website, despite being told countless times. But it's his business and he can run it how he pleases.
I was a member for 2 years before I started the business and I'm interested and passionate about clothing and tailoring in general and I'll continue to contribute even when the time comes that I'm not an affiliate. This thread is always a good resource for us all no matter which side of the fence you are on. Anyone who came to the trunk show will agree that it's helped create the community we have.
@Nabil, glad you are happy with your tie!
Nothing wrong with running a business. But when it becomes ALL you talk about, then you're not joining the community, you're just hawking your wares. Not good!post #30275 of 559524/25/13 at 8:27pmpost #30276 of 559524/25/13 at 8:29pmRe affiliate threads there are no better than Epaulet. Why any affiliate wouldn't aim to sell their products and engage with their customers like they do is beyond me. Their approach creates immense brand loyalty and an endless cycle of feedback which ultimately strengthens the product (and business).post #30277 of 559524/25/13 at 9:03pmpost #30278 of 559524/25/13 at 9:20pmpost #30279 of 559524/25/13 at 9:20pmpost #30280 of 559524/25/13 at 9:44pmpost #30281 of 559524/25/13 at 9:51pmpost #30282 of 559524/25/13 at 10:12pmQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
A friend just told me that his FIL revealed to him yesterday thast he has suitases full of high-end suiting that he has collected over the years - apparently enough for some 20 suits.
They are wondering if there's anyone in Melbourne who will make suits from fabric you supply, at a reasonable cost. I don't know of anyone myself - do any of you guys know somebody who does this?
not for a reasonable price. you can always take some abroad with you though.
gordon yao does travel here and offers cmt, so you can get measured up and then send the fabric over. thats probably the most reasonably priced optionpost #30283 of 559524/25/13 at 10:13pm
We're at the back end of the week, hope everyone one has great weekend plans!
I'm once again exploiting the power that, that is AM! Any suggestions for a large frame tortoiseshell glasses, brands etc. Doesn't appear to many stockists of Oliver
Peoples around, and apart from Persol, l'm not familiar with others....
Oh BM - have you got any Herringbone - Herringbone grey jackets for sale? I should have pm'd but hey it's friday!
PS - Michael Sy my man, this weekend appreciate the shape and form of the lady, no checking out dub, triple or quadriple monks.post #30284 of 559524/25/13 at 10:38pmpost #30285 of 559524/25/13 at 10:46pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 21 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 53 seconds ago
- › The Shell Cordovan, non-Alden Shoe and Boot Thread 1 minute ago
- › Norse Projects Aros chino 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 2 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 2 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 2 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Leather Quality and Properties 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...