I just love a bit of controversy
1. My post was replying to another and therefore was on topic. It's not as though I posted an ad out of the bue
2. The first part directly replied to the message and the second part used some examples to back up my argument.
3. If I'm going to use some examples I'm sorry but I am going to use my own products.
4. You may want to remember that it's the advertisers that fork over their cash that pays for this forum so you can use it for free.
5. In my (and to a lesser extent) Romp and HC's defence, running an affiliate thread here isn't exactly cheap so we need to work so it remains worthwhile.
6. If we can't make it pay we will stop paying Styleforum .
7. Romp, HC and myself are all Australian based so we certainly want to bring our services to the attention of our fellow Australian members
That said I agree that at times I can be rather verbose. It comes from years of writing financial reports that take 50 pages to say what I really could have summarised in two. So I'll try to edit more in future.
Anyway, do you really fully read all the posts? I certainly don't. I scan the first sentence or two and if it interests me I'll read the rest and if not I move onto the next one.
I'm sorry, but I don't owe any affiliate anything. I appreciate that you are Australian-based and look forward to your future positive contributions.
Thanks, lachy. Point taken.