or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2017

post #30241 of 52220

 

 

lol, yeah, I should stop crying about it. Cheers. Back to regular posting. 


Edited by iSurg - 4/25/13 at 4:28pm
post #30242 of 52220
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSurg View Post

Simon at Elite. It's great that your business is doing well (as far as I can gather from your posts), but please stop posting all your deals etc. You have your own affiliate thread for that. I just wish we had a moderator as the other threads do, for this sort of post. It's just so untoward to see my beloved Aussie thread become another place for you to propagate whatever sales techniques you've picked up along the way (which have worked for you, I'm guessing, but unfortunately won't work here at this level of menswear).

The problem is that we would then have to apply that "policy" to other Aus affiliates who post on their product in here, Henry Carter comes to mind, as does O&J (when they were still an affiliate).

Whatever your thoughts on these retailers, we need to be consistent (not that is really the domain of forum members to enforce these rules).

I don't mind the occasional post from affiliates in this thread, myself. Perhaps it should be restricted to photos + short descriptions only.
post #30243 of 52220
Simon. I will have to report your posts to the moderators because you keep flogging your wares here like spam. I'm sure you're suits are good and if people are interested then they can find all your deals in your affiliate thread. Most people in this thread are actually well dressed so you don't need to explain your made in china suits.
post #30244 of 52220
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post


The problem is that we would then have to apply that "policy" to other Aus affiliates who post on their product in here, Henry Carter comes to mind, as does O&J (when they were still an affiliate).

Whatever your thoughts on these retailers, we need to be consistent (not that is really the domain of forum members to enforce these rules).

I don't mind the occasional post from affiliates in this thread, myself. Perhaps it should be restricted to photos + short descriptions only.

 

I am of a similar opinion. I actually quite like OJ and HC posts, probably because they are mainly pics.

 

I think there is a distinct difference between OJ/HC and Elite posts. OJ and HC are both contributory to the chatter of the thread, and the posts create a nice hype and excitement around the ties and popovers, which are great. The key thing is that it generates interesting fit pics. The other type of posts are anti-hype, anti-excitement. 

post #30245 of 52220
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSurg View Post

Got that car salesman feel. Just calling it as I see it.
Also, I blame Oli for opening a can of worms that has been opened many times before...

Sorry mate, actually the first time I've seen it dealt with directly here frown.gif

It frustrates me in that a lot of my friends have a 'holier than thou' attitude because their suits M2M, regardless of how it turns out...

Change topic.
post #30246 of 52220

back to menswear...

 

im gutted i was too late on this Nude Bones M-65 tiger-striped camo jacket!!!

 

Never heard of them before but this is pretty cool and if my calculation is correct 198,000 won = about $170 AUD? 

post #30247 of 52220
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSurg View Post

Simon at Elite. It's great that your business is doing well (as far as I can gather from your posts), but please stop posting all your deals etc. You have your own affiliate thread for that. I just wish we had a moderator as the other threads do, for this sort of post. It's just so untoward to see my beloved Aussie thread become another place for you to propagate whatever sales techniques you've picked up along the way (which have worked for you, I'm guessing, but unfortunately won't work here at this level of menswear). It's great that you use H&S for your suits, I applaud you on that. I don't personally prefer the cut seen in rare posts of your suits, but I'm sure some guys who don't post in this thread do. If I could think of an analogy, it would be like taking Jaguar leather to upholster seats in a Great Wall. To be clear, I have nothing wrong against Chinese-made. I think the middle ground would be if you could take H&S and put it on an MJ Bale block/construction. That would blow my mind if it happened. But I still wouldn't buy. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

The problem is that we would then have to apply that "policy" to other Aus affiliates who post on their product in here, Henry Carter comes to mind, as does O&J (when they were still an affiliate).

Whatever your thoughts on these retailers, we need to be consistent (not that is really the domain of forum members to enforce these rules).

I don't mind the occasional post from affiliates in this thread, myself. Perhaps it should be restricted to photos + short descriptions only.

Lachy - a good point.

I think that Simon should be able to post in this thread because, as you say, consistency should be the key and HC and Romp (for O&J) have made affiliate-related posts in this thread. However, both Henry Carter and Romp also post about other things, as well as their businesses - they contribute to the social nature of this thread and most of their posts are about things other than their businesses. Furthermore, they tend to post pictures instead of large chunks of densely-worded text that is largely repetitive.

Therefore, I'd be happier if Simon from Elite were to cut down on his large chunks of text and would simply paste some pictures of products from time to time.
post #30248 of 52220

lol, Romp. Where do you get these leads?

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

 

Jacket is crazy, model - not so much. Wouldn't cover your suit jacket, but great for hiding in the forests while hunting tigers.

post #30249 of 52220
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post
Lachy - a good point.

I think that Simon should be able to post in this thread because, as you say, consistency should be the key and HC and Romp (for O&J) have made affiliate-related posts in this thread. However, both Henry Carter and Romp also post about other things, as well as their businesses - they contribute to the social nature of this thread and most of their posts are about things other than their businesses. Furthermore, they tend to post pictures instead of large chunks of densely-worded text that is largely repetitive.

Therefore, I'd be happier if Simon from Elite were to cut down on his large chunks of text and would simply paste some pictures of products from time to time.

 

 

I wouldn't mind if Simon pasted photos/fit pics, cut down on text, and talked about other stuff (even with a subtle hint towards the Elite business). Compromise prevails. 


Edited by iSurg - 4/25/13 at 5:28pm
post #30250 of 52220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeyman View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Lachy - a good point.

I think that Simon should be able to post in this thread because, as you say, consistency should be the key and HC and Romp (for O&J) have made affiliate-related posts in this thread. However, both Henry Carter and Romp also post about other things, as well as their businesses - they contribute to the social nature of this thread and most of their posts are about things other than their businesses. Furthermore, they tend to post pictures instead of large chunks of densely-worded text that is largely repetitive.

Therefore, I'd be happier if Simon from Elite were to cut down on his large chunks of text and would simply paste some pictures of products from time to time.

I think of Romp and HC more as genuine members of the AM family, who happen to have affiliated businesses, as opposed to businessmen who only post here as a marketing exercise. I don't have anything against Simon - how could I? I don't know who he is apart from he owns an online suit business. That's the problem.
post #30251 of 52220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post

I think of Romp and HC more as genuine members of the AM family, who happen to have affiliated businesses, as opposed to businessmen who only post here as a marketing exercise. I don't have anything against Simon - how could I? I don't know who he is apart from he owns an online suit business. That's the problem.

Well Said Prince of Parsley.
post #30252 of 52220

I just love a bit of controversy

 

1. My post was replying to another and therefore was on topic. It's not as though I posted an ad out of the bue

2. The first part directly replied to the message and the second part used some examples to back up my argument.

3. If I'm going to use some examples I'm sorry but I am going to use my own products.

4. You may want to remember that it's the advertisers that fork over their cash that pays for this forum so you can use it for free.

5. In my (and to a lesser extent) Romp and HC's defence, running an affiliate thread here isn't exactly cheap so we need to work so it remains worthwhile.

6. If we can't make it pay we will stop paying Styleforum .

7. Romp, HC and myself are all Australian based so we certainly want to bring our services to the attention of our fellow Australian members

 

That said I agree that at times I can be rather verbose. It comes from years of writing financial reports that take 50 pages to say what I really could have summarised in two. So I'll try to edit more in future.

 

Anyway, do you really fully  read all the posts? I certainly don't. I scan the first sentence or two and if it interests me I'll read the rest and if not I move onto the next one.

post #30253 of 52220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley View Post


I think of Romp and HC more as genuine members of the AM family, who happen to have affiliated businesses, as opposed to businessmen who only post here as a marketing exercise. I don't have anything against Simon - how could I? I don't know who he is apart from he owns an online suit business. That's the problem.

What would you like to know that I can reply to in under 150 words?

post #30254 of 52220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon at Elite View Post

What would you like to know that I can reply to in under 150 words?

 

Reading comprehension blunder - limit your Elite promo posts, but write as long as you want about yourself. Start somewhere. 

post #30255 of 52220
Simon, while I take your point, I suggest that, in this thread, you move from wordy posts that read somewhat like advertisements to product pictures, and save the lengthy prose for your own thread. It will win you a lot of goodwill, I think you'll find. People love pictures. satisfied.gif

In addition, and by way of compromise, I suggest that, if any forum members take issue with Simon's products, you "discuss" it in his own thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members