lol, yeah, I should stop crying about it. Cheers. Back to regular posting.
Edited by iSurg - 4/25/13 at 4:28pm
I am of a similar opinion. I actually quite like OJ and HC posts, probably because they are mainly pics.
I think there is a distinct difference between OJ/HC and Elite posts. OJ and HC are both contributory to the chatter of the thread, and the posts create a nice hype and excitement around the ties and popovers, which are great. The key thing is that it generates interesting fit pics. The other type of posts are anti-hype, anti-excitement.
back to menswear...
im gutted i was too late on this Nude Bones M-65 tiger-striped camo jacket!!!
Never heard of them before but this is pretty cool and if my calculation is correct 198,000 won = about $170 AUD?
I wouldn't mind if Simon pasted photos/fit pics, cut down on text, and talked about other stuff (even with a subtle hint towards the Elite business). Compromise prevails.
I just love a bit of controversy
1. My post was replying to another and therefore was on topic. It's not as though I posted an ad out of the bue
2. The first part directly replied to the message and the second part used some examples to back up my argument.
3. If I'm going to use some examples I'm sorry but I am going to use my own products.
4. You may want to remember that it's the advertisers that fork over their cash that pays for this forum so you can use it for free.
5. In my (and to a lesser extent) Romp and HC's defence, running an affiliate thread here isn't exactly cheap so we need to work so it remains worthwhile.
6. If we can't make it pay we will stop paying Styleforum .
7. Romp, HC and myself are all Australian based so we certainly want to bring our services to the attention of our fellow Australian members
That said I agree that at times I can be rather verbose. It comes from years of writing financial reports that take 50 pages to say what I really could have summarised in two. So I'll try to edit more in future.
Anyway, do you really fully read all the posts? I certainly don't. I scan the first sentence or two and if it interests me I'll read the rest and if not I move onto the next one.
What would you like to know that I can reply to in under 150 words?