or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 2014

post #30196 of 57960
Quote:
Originally Posted by AriGold View Post

Were you not around for the popped polo shirt collars with "industrie 99" printed on them?

Oh, God - don't remind me. I hated, hated, hated those collars with a passion.
post #30197 of 57960

Last question regarding shoes - if I just want my shoes to last and age beautifully do I have to worry about a wax or will a cream and conditioner do?

post #30198 of 57960
^^ just the occasional conditioner IMO - maybe once or twice a year, but that's dependent on many factors, e.g. how you're wearing them, where you're wearing them, how you store them, etc. But I'd not worry about it too much Oli. At the end of the day, they're just clothes and shoes and they're replaceable. Have fun wearing them smile.gif
post #30199 of 57960
Aussies what are we really at 23 million?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22213218
post #30200 of 57960
Quote:
Originally Posted by meister View Post

Aussies what are we really at 23 million?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22213218

I'm a bit worried about the population quickly outstripping the resources being provided.

According to the ABS, the Australian population increases by 1028 per day and in WA we hardly have enough housing, big enough roads and p. transport to cope as it is.

The ridiculously high paid miners, especially in WA, are causing prices to rise for everything, all the time - towards the point of being beyond reasonable.

Perth has been in a constant state of expansion (chaos) which does not look like it is going to end unless there is a bust in the economy. Roadworks everywhere, trains not running due to frequent upgrades, housing shortage since I can remember. My local Coles, which was built a few years ago, can't even hold/source enough stock to supply the area until 4pm let alone 9pm at night! According to the store manager it was the largest Coles store in Australia when it was built.

The country needs to take it easy and remember that most of the economic growth is not coming from a variety of necessary, sustainable industries.

/rant
Edited by jobro - 4/24/13 at 8:45am
post #30201 of 57960

what do people think of this quote from luca rubinacci

"You should always wear our double-breasted jackets in the Neapolitan way. That means one button done up at the bottom, rather than the top." 

anyone agree with that?

post #30202 of 57960

Fit pic of one of my Elite Suits FYI (waiting on arrival of another) -

 

 

 

A little tight around the arms, and I think it's a touch too long in the body and sleeves (can't see sleeve length in this pic).  Any other thoughts (I know the angle probably isn't great).  The pull on the button is probably because I've got my shoulders/arms back.

post #30203 of 57960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

Last question regarding shoes - if I just want my shoes to last and age beautifully do I have to worry about a wax or will a cream and conditioner do?

As I said above, if you want your brown shoes to show some patina, I reckon that wax polish rather than cream is the way to go. Cream evens out the colour a lot more, whereas multiple thin layers of wax is a bit more translucent.

Happy ANZAC Day, everyone.
post #30204 of 57960
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobro View Post


The country needs to take it easy and remember that most of the economic growth is not coming from a variety of necessary, sustainable industries.

/rant
This point in particular has been emphasised by Clive Hamilton in a number of his written works. This past week we have been given a taste of its impact in decline of budget revenues and how that will affect government spending and broader economic growth. (in my case as an APS contractor moving from the endangered species list to extinction)

GST increase anyone? Or will there be more clamor for GST impost on online OS purchases?

The question and its answer requires a rethink of this country not just being Chinas quarry. The problem is how to address it, so what ever solutions, specifically in terms of industry innovation and potential new opportunities for development can both socially and economically contribute to the common good rather than the self interest of certain sections of society and industry.

To do that we need as a society to able to engage in open discourse beyond the traditional left/right divide and identity and agree on the problems we face in the social, environmental and economic sphere and engage in an open debate which is not another talkfest but provides some viable solutions.

The real question is are we up to it as a nation? For in all honesty our politicians (all of them) have proved themselves incapable of the task.

end of rant
Edited by Geoffrey Firmin - 4/24/13 at 5:22pm
post #30205 of 57960
Quote:
Originally Posted by swan View Post

what do people think of this quote from luca rubinacci
"You should always wear our double-breasted jackets in the Neapolitan way
.
 That means one button done up at the bottom, rather than the top." 

anyone agree with that?

People should wear his jackets however they want.
post #30206 of 57960

Where to get shoe trees in Aus?

If i order  couple pairs online they come out to around $40 each, for that price I would like to think I could walk in to a store in Melbourne and buy them on the spot.

post #30207 of 57960

I concur. The whole 'populate or perish' WWII thing about how many men you can stick in a trench is long over, but that still remains our government policy on both sides. 

post #30208 of 57960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Meredith View Post

Fit pic of one of my Elite Suits FYI (waiting on arrival of another) -

 

 

 

A little tight around the arms, and I think it's a touch too long in the body and sleeves (can't see sleeve length in this pic).  Any other thoughts (I know the angle probably isn't great).  The pull on the button is probably because I've got my shoulders/arms back.

I'll point out that this is a remake of your first suit under our No Worries Guarantee policy and the measurements we used for this suit were significantly different to the measurements that were originally provided and did include a major increase to the requested jacket length.

 

It's difficult to make a good assessment due to the way your standing with your arms behind your back which pulls the suit out of position but the shoulders look pretty close and the torso seems to sit OK. Anyway, we tweaked the measurements again for the next suit (which should arrive tomorrow or Monday) so that will be an even better fit.

 

I've always said that MTM is a process and every suit you buy should fit even better then the last one. One last tweak on your next purchase should allow us to have your measurements close to perfect then you can order any suit confident of a great fit straight out of the box.

 

Also this is our Back to Work special. Two hand made full canvas suits both with extra trousers and five shirts for only $999. That's a great start to a corporate wardrobe for less than a grand.

post #30209 of 57960
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnnamedPlayer View Post

Where to get shoe trees in Aus?

If i order  couple pairs online they come out to around $40 each, for that price I would like to think I could walk in to a store in Melbourne and buy them on the spot.

 

David Jones.

post #30210 of 57960

Pretty good Robert!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members