Oh, God - don't remind me. I hated, hated, hated those collars with a passion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2014post #30196 of 549534/24/13 at 1:19am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30197 of 549534/24/13 at 4:33ampost #30198 of 549534/24/13 at 4:41am^^ just the occasional conditioner IMO - maybe once or twice a year, but that's dependent on many factors, e.g. how you're wearing them, where you're wearing them, how you store them, etc. But I'd not worry about it too much Oli. At the end of the day, they're just clothes and shoes and they're replaceable. Have fun wearing thempost #30199 of 549534/24/13 at 7:50ampost #30200 of 549534/24/13 at 8:26amQuote:Originally Posted by meister
Aussies what are we really at 23 million?
I'm a bit worried about the population quickly outstripping the resources being provided.
According to the ABS, the Australian population increases by 1028 per day and in WA we hardly have enough housing, big enough roads and p. transport to cope as it is.
The ridiculously high paid miners, especially in WA, are causing prices to rise for everything, all the time - towards the point of being beyond reasonable.
Perth has been in a constant state of expansion (chaos) which does not look like it is going to end unless there is a bust in the economy. Roadworks everywhere, trains not running due to frequent upgrades, housing shortage since I can remember. My local Coles, which was built a few years ago, can't even hold/source enough stock to supply the area until 4pm let alone 9pm at night! According to the store manager it was the largest Coles store in Australia when it was built.
The country needs to take it easy and remember that most of the economic growth is not coming from a variety of necessary, sustainable industries.
Edited by jobro - 4/24/13 at 8:45ampost #30201 of 549534/24/13 at 10:23ampost #30202 of 549534/24/13 at 3:09pm
Fit pic of one of my Elite Suits FYI (waiting on arrival of another) -
A little tight around the arms, and I think it's a touch too long in the body and sleeves (can't see sleeve length in this pic). Any other thoughts (I know the angle probably isn't great). The pull on the button is probably because I've got my shoulders/arms back.post #30203 of 549534/24/13 at 3:17pmQuote:
As I said above, if you want your brown shoes to show some patina, I reckon that wax polish rather than cream is the way to go. Cream evens out the colour a lot more, whereas multiple thin layers of wax is a bit more translucent.
Happy ANZAC Day, everyone.post #30204 of 549534/24/13 at 5:01pmQuote:This point in particular has been emphasised by Clive Hamilton in a number of his written works. This past week we have been given a taste of its impact in decline of budget revenues and how that will affect government spending and broader economic growth. (in my case as an APS contractor moving from the endangered species list to extinction)
GST increase anyone? Or will there be more clamor for GST impost on online OS purchases?
The question and its answer requires a rethink of this country not just being Chinas quarry. The problem is how to address it, so what ever solutions, specifically in terms of industry innovation and potential new opportunities for development can both socially and economically contribute to the common good rather than the self interest of certain sections of society and industry.
To do that we need as a society to able to engage in open discourse beyond the traditional left/right divide and identity and agree on the problems we face in the social, environmental and economic sphere and engage in an open debate which is not another talkfest but provides some viable solutions.
The real question is are we up to it as a nation? For in all honesty our politicians (all of them) have proved themselves incapable of the task.
end of rant
Edited by Geoffrey Firmin - 4/24/13 at 5:22pmpost #30205 of 549534/24/13 at 5:33pmQuote:
People should wear his jackets however they want.post #30206 of 549534/24/13 at 5:57pmpost #30207 of 549534/24/13 at 8:09pmpost #30208 of 549534/24/13 at 8:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Robert Meredith
Fit pic of one of my Elite Suits FYI (waiting on arrival of another) -
A little tight around the arms, and I think it's a touch too long in the body and sleeves (can't see sleeve length in this pic). Any other thoughts (I know the angle probably isn't great). The pull on the button is probably because I've got my shoulders/arms back.
I'll point out that this is a remake of your first suit under our No Worries Guarantee policy and the measurements we used for this suit were significantly different to the measurements that were originally provided and did include a major increase to the requested jacket length.
It's difficult to make a good assessment due to the way your standing with your arms behind your back which pulls the suit out of position but the shoulders look pretty close and the torso seems to sit OK. Anyway, we tweaked the measurements again for the next suit (which should arrive tomorrow or Monday) so that will be an even better fit.
I've always said that MTM is a process and every suit you buy should fit even better then the last one. One last tweak on your next purchase should allow us to have your measurements close to perfect then you can order any suit confident of a great fit straight out of the box.
Also this is our Back to Work special. Two hand made full canvas suits both with extra trousers and five shirts for only $999. That's a great start to a corporate wardrobe for less than a grand.post #30209 of 549534/24/13 at 8:56pm
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Official RRL Thread 12 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › ebay suits, sportcoats, and other clothing 1 minute ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Poll: Friday Challenge 19TH September 2014: Brown tie without a... 6 minutes ago
- › Cigars 6 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 8 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 8 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 9 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 10 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)