Oh, God - don't remind me. I hated, hated, hated those collars with a passion.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 2014post #30196 of 679464/24/13 at 1:19ampost #30197 of 679464/24/13 at 4:33ampost #30198 of 679464/24/13 at 4:41am^^ just the occasional conditioner IMO - maybe once or twice a year, but that's dependent on many factors, e.g. how you're wearing them, where you're wearing them, how you store them, etc. But I'd not worry about it too much Oli. At the end of the day, they're just clothes and shoes and they're replaceable. Have fun wearing thempost #30199 of 679464/24/13 at 7:50ampost #30200 of 679464/24/13 at 8:26amQuote:Originally Posted by meister
Aussies what are we really at 23 million?
I'm a bit worried about the population quickly outstripping the resources being provided.
According to the ABS, the Australian population increases by 1028 per day and in WA we hardly have enough housing, big enough roads and p. transport to cope as it is.
The ridiculously high paid miners, especially in WA, are causing prices to rise for everything, all the time - towards the point of being beyond reasonable.
Perth has been in a constant state of expansion (chaos) which does not look like it is going to end unless there is a bust in the economy. Roadworks everywhere, trains not running due to frequent upgrades, housing shortage since I can remember. My local Coles, which was built a few years ago, can't even hold/source enough stock to supply the area until 4pm let alone 9pm at night! According to the store manager it was the largest Coles store in Australia when it was built.
The country needs to take it easy and remember that most of the economic growth is not coming from a variety of necessary, sustainable industries.
Edited by jobro - 4/24/13 at 8:45ampost #30201 of 679464/24/13 at 10:23ampost #30202 of 679464/24/13 at 3:09pm
Fit pic of one of my Elite Suits FYI (waiting on arrival of another) -
A little tight around the arms, and I think it's a touch too long in the body and sleeves (can't see sleeve length in this pic). Any other thoughts (I know the angle probably isn't great). The pull on the button is probably because I've got my shoulders/arms back.post #30203 of 679464/24/13 at 3:17pmQuote:
As I said above, if you want your brown shoes to show some patina, I reckon that wax polish rather than cream is the way to go. Cream evens out the colour a lot more, whereas multiple thin layers of wax is a bit more translucent.
Happy ANZAC Day, everyone.post #30204 of 679464/24/13 at 5:01pmQuote:This point in particular has been emphasised by Clive Hamilton in a number of his written works. This past week we have been given a taste of its impact in decline of budget revenues and how that will affect government spending and broader economic growth. (in my case as an APS contractor moving from the endangered species list to extinction)
GST increase anyone? Or will there be more clamor for GST impost on online OS purchases?
The question and its answer requires a rethink of this country not just being Chinas quarry. The problem is how to address it, so what ever solutions, specifically in terms of industry innovation and potential new opportunities for development can both socially and economically contribute to the common good rather than the self interest of certain sections of society and industry.
To do that we need as a society to able to engage in open discourse beyond the traditional left/right divide and identity and agree on the problems we face in the social, environmental and economic sphere and engage in an open debate which is not another talkfest but provides some viable solutions.
The real question is are we up to it as a nation? For in all honesty our politicians (all of them) have proved themselves incapable of the task.
end of rant
Edited by Geoffrey Firmin - 4/24/13 at 5:22pmpost #30205 of 679464/24/13 at 5:33pmQuote:
People should wear his jackets however they want.post #30206 of 679464/24/13 at 5:57pmpost #30207 of 679464/24/13 at 8:09pmpost #30208 of 679464/24/13 at 8:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by Robert Meredith
Fit pic of one of my Elite Suits FYI (waiting on arrival of another) -
A little tight around the arms, and I think it's a touch too long in the body and sleeves (can't see sleeve length in this pic). Any other thoughts (I know the angle probably isn't great). The pull on the button is probably because I've got my shoulders/arms back.
I'll point out that this is a remake of your first suit under our No Worries Guarantee policy and the measurements we used for this suit were significantly different to the measurements that were originally provided and did include a major increase to the requested jacket length.
It's difficult to make a good assessment due to the way your standing with your arms behind your back which pulls the suit out of position but the shoulders look pretty close and the torso seems to sit OK. Anyway, we tweaked the measurements again for the next suit (which should arrive tomorrow or Monday) so that will be an even better fit.
I've always said that MTM is a process and every suit you buy should fit even better then the last one. One last tweak on your next purchase should allow us to have your measurements close to perfect then you can order any suit confident of a great fit straight out of the box.
Also this is our Back to Work special. Two hand made full canvas suits both with extra trousers and five shirts for only $999. That's a great start to a corporate wardrobe for less than a grand.post #30209 of 679464/24/13 at 8:56pmpost #30210 of 679464/24/13 at 10:21pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 3 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones - Seymour Double Monk Handgrade 5 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 8 minutes ago
- › When is the Next Brooks Brothers Sale? 9 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 11 minutes ago
- › How would you get rid of this boot scuff? 14 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 15 minutes ago
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) -... 17 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway