Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: Today
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2001
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30002 of 679124/20/13 at 12:00ampost #30003 of 679124/20/13 at 1:59amQuote:Yeah they've already got some variegation (Patina &/or antiquing seems to be the wrong term here) which looks good so I think they'll work out well. My mid brown polish is also a touch darker too.Originally Posted by Prince of PaisleyQuote:Thanks Plestor, no need to apologise, I and I'm sure the other guys on the thread appreciate your efforts.Originally Posted by Plestor
PoP I got around to some photos today, apologies for the phone camera effort. I can do more if you want something in particular. I had some which had a EG202 in them for comparison but they're very blurry so I can try again tomorrow if you want. Shipping is fedex, Trees are mediocre. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice boots, and though they are a bit lighter than you probably expected I think you could darken them up without too much trouble if you wanted to. Pebble grain tends to age quite nicely anyway.post #30004 of 679124/20/13 at 3:53amQuote:
No problem here's a quick/ simple pic that's a good representation. Can post a better one tomorrow if wanted.
The card details they wrote out for me were '80105 Vitello Marron', and inside of shoe has: 73 10, and 80105post #30005 of 679124/20/13 at 6:36amQuote:
Sorry, didn't see this before I got there, or back home.
Next time, when I'm in Brisbane, or you're here.
Had a coffee with Journeyman - top bloke.post #30006 of 679124/20/13 at 8:39ampost #30007 of 679124/20/13 at 5:19pmpost #30008 of 679124/20/13 at 6:25pmpost #30009 of 679124/20/13 at 6:56pm^^ they look "cheap" to me in the photos. I'd probably save a little longer and get a couple of nice belts that likely will cost a little more and look better for longer, too. But, I'm not one for wearing belts as all my pants have no belt loops and I'm not one for matching belts exactly to my shoes so I don't have to purchase too many.post #30010 of 679124/20/13 at 7:03pmpost #30011 of 679124/20/13 at 7:27pmpost #30012 of 679124/20/13 at 7:34pmpost #30013 of 679124/20/13 at 7:41pmpost #30014 of 679124/20/13 at 7:59pmQuote:
agreed. i think red ties look best with a pale blue shirt, or even a blue and white bengal stripe shirt. have a few similar patterns myself and it's received a few compliments.post #30015 of 679124/20/13 at 8:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by lachyzee
I have absolutely no idea of the quality of these, but anyway, $30 shipped seems reasonable for few cheap dress belts:
I bought a couple at the earlier sale price. Value for money wise I think they are pretty good, better than many of the belts I've tried in the past, though I think TBM's advice is well worth considering. IMO the free shipping is what makes these decent value for money, without it I would be looking elsewhere.
For anyone thinking about purchasing one I advise that you go with the cm measurements and disregard the corresponding inch measurement on the website. I bought a 34 inch belt as I normally would and it was at least two sizes too small but if I'd gone and looked at the cm measurements.....well I should have gone for a 38 inch belt in the first place, even though I usually wear a 34.
- Australian Members
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 20 seconds ago
- › Ten Ties, Five Jackets (10/5 thread) 2 minutes ago
- › Very weird experience with B. Nelson... What is your experience... 2 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Thread (reviews, advice, sizing, etc...) 4 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 6 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 8 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
- › Comparison of shoe products - Lexol vs Saphir...
- › What does it mean to Relast a shoe?
- › Why am I not getting the mirror shine I want...
- › How do I polish my shoes but preserve the...
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...