Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on Yesterday at 1:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 2001
Styleforum Top Pickspost #30002 of 640594/20/13 at 12:00ampost #30003 of 640594/20/13 at 1:59amQuote:Yeah they've already got some variegation (Patina &/or antiquing seems to be the wrong term here) which looks good so I think they'll work out well. My mid brown polish is also a touch darker too.Originally Posted by Prince of PaisleyQuote:Thanks Plestor, no need to apologise, I and I'm sure the other guys on the thread appreciate your efforts.Originally Posted by Plestor
PoP I got around to some photos today, apologies for the phone camera effort. I can do more if you want something in particular. I had some which had a EG202 in them for comparison but they're very blurry so I can try again tomorrow if you want. Shipping is fedex, Trees are mediocre. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice boots, and though they are a bit lighter than you probably expected I think you could darken them up without too much trouble if you wanted to. Pebble grain tends to age quite nicely anyway.post #30004 of 640594/20/13 at 3:53amQuote:
No problem here's a quick/ simple pic that's a good representation. Can post a better one tomorrow if wanted.
The card details they wrote out for me were '80105 Vitello Marron', and inside of shoe has: 73 10, and 80105post #30005 of 640594/20/13 at 6:36amQuote:
Sorry, didn't see this before I got there, or back home.
Next time, when I'm in Brisbane, or you're here.
Had a coffee with Journeyman - top bloke.post #30006 of 640594/20/13 at 8:39ampost #30007 of 640594/20/13 at 5:19pmpost #30008 of 640594/20/13 at 6:25pmpost #30009 of 640594/20/13 at 6:56pm^^ they look "cheap" to me in the photos. I'd probably save a little longer and get a couple of nice belts that likely will cost a little more and look better for longer, too. But, I'm not one for wearing belts as all my pants have no belt loops and I'm not one for matching belts exactly to my shoes so I don't have to purchase too many.post #30010 of 640594/20/13 at 7:03pmpost #30011 of 640594/20/13 at 7:27pmpost #30012 of 640594/20/13 at 7:34pmpost #30013 of 640594/20/13 at 7:41pmpost #30014 of 640594/20/13 at 7:59pmQuote:
agreed. i think red ties look best with a pale blue shirt, or even a blue and white bengal stripe shirt. have a few similar patterns myself and it's received a few compliments.post #30015 of 640594/20/13 at 8:04pmQuote:Originally Posted by lachyzee
I have absolutely no idea of the quality of these, but anyway, $30 shipped seems reasonable for few cheap dress belts:
I bought a couple at the earlier sale price. Value for money wise I think they are pretty good, better than many of the belts I've tried in the past, though I think TBM's advice is well worth considering. IMO the free shipping is what makes these decent value for money, without it I would be looking elsewhere.
For anyone thinking about purchasing one I advise that you go with the cm measurements and disregard the corresponding inch measurement on the website. I bought a 34 inch belt as I normally would and it was at least two sizes too small but if I'd gone and looked at the cm measurements.....well I should have gone for a 38 inch belt in the first place, even though I usually wear a 34.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 9 minutes ago
- › The new official TOJ thread - updates, complaints, etc... 11 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 19 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 22 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 24 minutes ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 26 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 27 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 27 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...