Good read Burnso!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 11/14/13 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 2000
Styleforum Top Picks
Hello gents, just got back from Europe and obviously had a great time (first Europe trip).
I have to say from what I saw, Melbourne is right up there with the best cities in terms of fit and style.
Few interesting observations looking at the blokes (winter style, workers and daytime mostly):
Paris: reminded me a lot of Melbourne; - black, black, black jackets and shoes
- most black mens shoes were the glued together pieces of garbage
London: also a LOT of black shoes, but at least 80% were nice Goodyear welted
Amsterdam: didn't notice too much more than the Dutch women looking incredible biking to work
Anyone else notice these things or anything else noteworthy?
Bought a few things over there.
Amsterdam: Massimo Dutti (thanks The Ernesto); picked up a couple cheap cotton type blazers, and pants/ sweater
Paris: Carmina's for 385 euro (80105 Dark Brown cap toe Simpson last); very impressed with these, they'll easily be my favourite night shoe
London: Jeans X 2 (Levi's 504s)
edit: also some blue Addidas Gazelle sneakers for casual
... my accommodation averaged 30euro per night, so I'd have no problems strolling in and picking up the Carmina's. Was the right decision.
Regarding jeans, if anyone was like me and ditched Levi's years ago, it is definitely worth taking another look at them now.
I was looking for really dark blue plain jeans, and the 504's are shaped very well (straight leg with very slight out taper). They have certainly upped their game in terms of current styling.
Bought a second pair (mid blue wash) I was so impressed. (Im tall, lean but with 'athletic' legs).
It is good to be back in Melbourne, feels like a great mix of Paris and London to me in vibe and style. But I do miss French women...
Are the carmina's dark brown or brown? I picked up a pair from the armoury- they are great but they are brown. I would love to have the same pair but darker. Almost espresso if you know what I mean?
Am sure Jason would give you measurements etc.
If you have five or so minutes to spare there are a couple of my typical verbose (sorry) postings on the affiliate thread
One with some new specials from Huddersfield Cloth at some unbelievably low prices including a grey Price of Wales wool/silk blend that's on special for less than one seventh of it's normal price. This means I can sell a suit that I would normally charge $2,699 for at only $999. There is also a suiting offer not to be missed.
The second (even longer) post explains why I think that the offer mentioned above may be the best suiting deal available anywhere today.
If you're interested in some world class suiting it may be worth five minutes of your life to have a read.
E&G Cappelli ties 40% at http://linksonjack.com/ with SS2013 code. Brings a lot down to $70, seems to be a great price. Any thoughts compared to Drakes and Hober?
II bought a few Cappelli's from linksonjack at their last sale. It's unlined with hand rolled edges and quite light. IMO they compare quite well to Drakes and Hober.
Edit: be aware they don't have these ties on hand so it takes about 4-6 weeks to have them made and delivered. I gave them a bit of a serve about that.
They are dark brown. Probably the darkest (choc) brown possible (couldn't imagine darker, they'd be black...).
It was such a rare treat to try and buy in-store, cheaper than available online.
I took a few but haven't had a chance to edit them yet. I'll probably put them up tonight while i'm chilling out at my parents' place.
Right now, I'm in Kuala Lumpur, stuffed full of my mother's sensational cooking and potentially making my first trip (of this holiday) to Uniqlo.
Life is good
I'm finally home after a long 3 days away! I was at my cousins farm last night in Batlow and haven't had any Internet access till now.
Firstly I'd just like to say thank you to everyone who turned up on the night, I think you'll all agree it was a great turnout and it was really great getting to meet you all and, putting faces to the names (both usernames and real ones) and having a good chat and a few drinks.
Special mention to Gerry who both helped out for the night with photos, came out for dinner with us after (along with FXH) and met us at the store Friday morning to take us out for breakfast. Truly as good a guy in person as he is online. Hope you enjoy your holiday mate.
Re photos, Gerry has some as he mentioned and we also had the photographer who does the beggar man theif blog there snapping away, so I'm sure we'll see some photos up on there pretty soon also.
Re the gloves Jake, I'm pretty sure they are all sold out now after the show and will check when I unpack. I'll be restocking them over the next 3-4 weeks. Size wise, if you're around my size which is 6"2 with big hands, then you'll find them a bit small I suspect. Most blokes under 6 foot with average hands will be fine for sizing. When I do have some at hand I'll measure them though.
I came home through the mountains and went for a fish as planned, weather was very bleak and only 7 degrees and 45km hour winds at Kiandra in the high country.... Still managed a pan sized brown trout which will be dinner tonight. Then tomorrow, a sleep in!
- Australian Members
- › Official Sales Alert thread 46 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 1 minute ago
- › Any One for a Scotch? 1 minute ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 2 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Winter boots that aren't ugly 5 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 5 minutes ago
- › BISON MADE - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 6 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw