Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1999post #29971 of 679464/19/13 at 3:25ampost #29972 of 679464/19/13 at 3:36ampost #29973 of 679464/19/13 at 3:52ampost #29974 of 679464/19/13 at 4:21ampost #29975 of 679464/19/13 at 4:27ampost #29976 of 679464/19/13 at 4:36am
However, it's possible to change the way the page displays so that you can see a greater number of posts per page.
My display is set at the default of 15 (I think) posts per page, but if you go up to the top of the page, under where it gives the title of the thread, you will see a smaller heading entitled "Preferences". Click on that, and it opens a window that gives you the option of changing various settings, including the number of posts visible per page. More posts per page equals fewer pages in total for the thread.post #29977 of 679464/19/13 at 4:49ampost #29978 of 679464/19/13 at 4:59ampost #29979 of 679464/19/13 at 7:08ampost #29980 of 679464/19/13 at 3:16pmpost #29981 of 679464/19/13 at 4:05pmQuote:Thanks Plestor, no need to apologise, I and I'm sure the other guys on the thread appreciate your efforts.Originally Posted by Plestor
PoP I got around to some photos today, apologies for the phone camera effort. I can do more if you want something in particular. I had some which had a EG202 in them for comparison but they're very blurry so I can try again tomorrow if you want. Shipping is fedex, Trees are mediocre. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice boots, and though they are a bit lighter than you probably expected I think you could darken them up without too much trouble if you wanted to. Pebble grain tends to age quite nicely anyway.
I was tossing up whether to get a pair of the FS029s or the Herring Langdales as a winter/wet boot this year. As it happens I've had a brainwave and now have something else in mind. I'll post more details when they arrive.post #29982 of 679464/19/13 at 4:51pmpost #29983 of 679464/19/13 at 5:31pmIf any one is interested CT has a flyer in todays SMH for shirts for $39 I still have a couple of their's that I wear for work. Found them at one stage to have a greater range of pattens than H&H and H&K.
You asked about essential books about menswear this is my humble collection.
James Sherwood Savile The Master Tailors of British Bespoke and The Perfect Gentleman The Pursuit of Timeless Elegance - pure clothes porn visual eye candy, great books just contemplate and consider
Sharp Suits Eric Musgrave interesting visually and from a cultural perspective.
Gentlemen Bernhard Roetzel some posters on AAAC rank it along side Clothes and the Man, which sadly I don't have a copy of. This just arrived the other day so can't comment on it personally yet.
The Suit A Machiavellian Approach to Style Nicholas Antongiavanni well worth read but don't take it too seriously.
Bespoke Savile Row Ripped and Smoothed Richard Anderson, great book on one mans individual journeys in tailoring also very informative both culturally and from learning about Bespoke tailoring
Nicholas Storey History of Mens Fashion What The Well Dress Man is Wearing. Have it by bedside for six months still not read it
Le Snob Guide to Tailoring Simon Crompton good guide for bespoke and go on actual details about the construction of a suit.
Style and the Man Flusser Informative about dressing and style a pointer or rule book?
Adolf Loos Why a Man Should Be Well Dressed interesting historical perspective on class and style at the turn of the 20th Century in Vienna TBM mentioned this on his blog
ABC of Mens Fahsion Hardy Amies An informed dictionary of concise definitions about mens clothingpost #29984 of 679464/19/13 at 5:41pm
Hello gents, just got back from Europe and obviously had a great time (first Europe trip).
I have to say from what I saw, Melbourne is right up there with the best cities in terms of fit and style.
Few interesting observations looking at the blokes (winter style, workers and daytime mostly):
Paris: reminded me a lot of Melbourne; - black, black, black jackets and shoes
- most black mens shoes were the glued together pieces of garbage
London: also a LOT of black shoes, but at least 80% were nice Goodyear welted
Amsterdam: didn't notice too much more than the Dutch women looking incredible biking to work ;)
Anyone else notice these things or anything else noteworthy?
Bought a few things over there.
Amsterdam: Massimo Dutti (thanks The Ernesto); picked up a couple cheap cotton type blazers, and pants/ sweater
Paris: Carmina's for 385 euro (80105 Dark Brown cap toe Simpson last); very impressed with these, they'll easily be my favourite night shoe
London: Jeans X 2 (Levi's 504s)
edit: also some blue Addidas Gazelle sneakers for casual
... my accommodation averaged 30euro per night, so I'd have no problems strolling in and picking up the Carmina's. Was the right decision.
Regarding jeans, if anyone was like me and ditched Levi's years ago, it is definitely worth taking another look at them now.
I was looking for really dark blue plain jeans, and the 504's are shaped very well (straight leg with very slight out taper). They have certainly upped their game in terms of current styling.
Bought a second pair (mid blue wash) I was so impressed. (Im tall, lean but with 'athletic' legs).
It is good to be back in Melbourne, feels like a great mix of Paris and London to me in vibe and style. But I do miss French women...
Edited by burnso - 4/19/13 at 5:51pmpost #29985 of 679464/19/13 at 6:05pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Bjj/mma 15 seconds ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Obama's Unravelling 11 minutes ago
- › NIB Vass P2 mid brown suede OLD ENGLISH II, size 45 (trees incl.) 11 minutes ago
- › Boots Boots Boots - For Boot Guys Only 19 minutes ago
- › CARUSO blue Heringbone Sportcoat Size EU 48 Loro Piana Wool-Cashmere 28 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 31 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 34 minutes ago
- › On Tie Knots and Shirt Collars 34 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 35 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...