Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1999post #29971 of 640764/19/13 at 3:25am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29972 of 640764/19/13 at 3:36ampost #29973 of 640764/19/13 at 3:52ampost #29974 of 640764/19/13 at 4:21ampost #29975 of 640764/19/13 at 4:27ampost #29976 of 640764/19/13 at 4:36am
However, it's possible to change the way the page displays so that you can see a greater number of posts per page.
My display is set at the default of 15 (I think) posts per page, but if you go up to the top of the page, under where it gives the title of the thread, you will see a smaller heading entitled "Preferences". Click on that, and it opens a window that gives you the option of changing various settings, including the number of posts visible per page. More posts per page equals fewer pages in total for the thread.post #29977 of 640764/19/13 at 4:49ampost #29978 of 640764/19/13 at 4:59ampost #29979 of 640764/19/13 at 7:08ampost #29980 of 640764/19/13 at 3:16pmpost #29981 of 640764/19/13 at 4:05pmQuote:Thanks Plestor, no need to apologise, I and I'm sure the other guys on the thread appreciate your efforts.Originally Posted by Plestor
PoP I got around to some photos today, apologies for the phone camera effort. I can do more if you want something in particular. I had some which had a EG202 in them for comparison but they're very blurry so I can try again tomorrow if you want. Shipping is fedex, Trees are mediocre. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Nice boots, and though they are a bit lighter than you probably expected I think you could darken them up without too much trouble if you wanted to. Pebble grain tends to age quite nicely anyway.
I was tossing up whether to get a pair of the FS029s or the Herring Langdales as a winter/wet boot this year. As it happens I've had a brainwave and now have something else in mind. I'll post more details when they arrive.post #29982 of 640764/19/13 at 4:51pmpost #29983 of 640764/19/13 at 5:31pmIf any one is interested CT has a flyer in todays SMH for shirts for $39 I still have a couple of their's that I wear for work. Found them at one stage to have a greater range of pattens than H&H and H&K.
You asked about essential books about menswear this is my humble collection.
James Sherwood Savile The Master Tailors of British Bespoke and The Perfect Gentleman The Pursuit of Timeless Elegance - pure clothes porn visual eye candy, great books just contemplate and consider
Sharp Suits Eric Musgrave interesting visually and from a cultural perspective.
Gentlemen Bernhard Roetzel some posters on AAAC rank it along side Clothes and the Man, which sadly I don't have a copy of. This just arrived the other day so can't comment on it personally yet.
The Suit A Machiavellian Approach to Style Nicholas Antongiavanni well worth read but don't take it too seriously.
Bespoke Savile Row Ripped and Smoothed Richard Anderson, great book on one mans individual journeys in tailoring also very informative both culturally and from learning about Bespoke tailoring
Nicholas Storey History of Mens Fashion What The Well Dress Man is Wearing. Have it by bedside for six months still not read it
Le Snob Guide to Tailoring Simon Crompton good guide for bespoke and go on actual details about the construction of a suit.
Style and the Man Flusser Informative about dressing and style a pointer or rule book?
Adolf Loos Why a Man Should Be Well Dressed interesting historical perspective on class and style at the turn of the 20th Century in Vienna TBM mentioned this on his blog
ABC of Mens Fahsion Hardy Amies An informed dictionary of concise definitions about mens clothingpost #29984 of 640764/19/13 at 5:41pm
Hello gents, just got back from Europe and obviously had a great time (first Europe trip).
I have to say from what I saw, Melbourne is right up there with the best cities in terms of fit and style.
Few interesting observations looking at the blokes (winter style, workers and daytime mostly):
Paris: reminded me a lot of Melbourne; - black, black, black jackets and shoes
- most black mens shoes were the glued together pieces of garbage
London: also a LOT of black shoes, but at least 80% were nice Goodyear welted
Amsterdam: didn't notice too much more than the Dutch women looking incredible biking to work ;)
Anyone else notice these things or anything else noteworthy?
Bought a few things over there.
Amsterdam: Massimo Dutti (thanks The Ernesto); picked up a couple cheap cotton type blazers, and pants/ sweater
Paris: Carmina's for 385 euro (80105 Dark Brown cap toe Simpson last); very impressed with these, they'll easily be my favourite night shoe
London: Jeans X 2 (Levi's 504s)
edit: also some blue Addidas Gazelle sneakers for casual
... my accommodation averaged 30euro per night, so I'd have no problems strolling in and picking up the Carmina's. Was the right decision.
Regarding jeans, if anyone was like me and ditched Levi's years ago, it is definitely worth taking another look at them now.
I was looking for really dark blue plain jeans, and the 504's are shaped very well (straight leg with very slight out taper). They have certainly upped their game in terms of current styling.
Bought a second pair (mid blue wash) I was so impressed. (Im tall, lean but with 'athletic' legs).
It is good to be back in Melbourne, feels like a great mix of Paris and London to me in vibe and style. But I do miss French women...
Edited by burnso - 4/19/13 at 5:51pm
- Australian Members
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › Things that are pissing you off. 11 seconds ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › *Edited* Helping a rural Midwestern find his classic style 6 minutes ago
- › Toronto Harry Rosen Outlet Sales Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 10 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 11 minutes ago
- › 125k pull-ups in 2015 11 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...