Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 1994post #29896 of 679464/18/13 at 1:03ampost #29897 of 679464/18/13 at 1:15ampost #29898 of 679464/18/13 at 1:54ampost #29899 of 679464/18/13 at 3:12am
To those at the HC trunk sow tonight; you lucky bastards! I went past Ludlows at lunch today and thought about stopping by to see what HC goods he had out on display. Regretting it now.
So post up pictures asap please iGents!post #29900 of 679464/18/13 at 3:17ampost #29901 of 679464/18/13 at 3:54amI was hitherto unaware that Journeyman and I weren't the only lawyers here. And Oli, for that matter.
There is no sex appeal in Australian politics. Probably better that way. 'Politician hot' is like 'office hot' but without even the outside chance of a cheeky wristie in the copy room...post #29902 of 679464/18/13 at 3:57amP.S. Nabil: Freehills' office is shit. One of the worst buildings in town, built for the '88 Expo. Really.
Failing lunch, how about a drink after work? We can take you to the Bavarian Beer Cafe. It's just like Sydney but with river views. Or something.post #29903 of 679464/18/13 at 4:02ampost #29904 of 679464/18/13 at 6:40am
1) What books would you lot consider the essentials on menswear? I have Flusser's 'Dressing the Man' and Manton's book but I wouldn't mind some more.
2) Do I want the ultra or combination shoe tree from woodlore?
3) For my first oxfords do I want meerkats or loakes?
Edited by Oli2012 - 4/18/13 at 7:05ampost #29905 of 679464/18/13 at 6:45amAs spoken by Dick the Butcher. Any butchers here.
But the prize for the best lawyer bash belongs to Samuel Taylor Coleridge:
He saw a LAWYER killing a Viper
On a dung-heap beside his stable,
And the Devil smiled, for it put him to mind
Of Cain and his brother, Abel.post #29906 of 679464/18/13 at 6:49ampost #29907 of 679464/18/13 at 6:53amQuote:
Not sure about shoe trees from Woodlore but plenty others can chime in on them.
As for books. One of the best book I have ever read (not just on menswear) is The Englishman's Suit by Hardy Amies. I was raving about it to Lennier at the HC Trunk Show this evening (fxh said his other books are well worth it too).
Gentleman by Bernhard Roetezel (sp?) is really great and I refer to it a lot.
Details: Manual by Daniel Peres is a simple overview which is quite good.
James Sherwood books on Savile Row and London are glamourous reads.
I have a stack of others (still keen to order Fuckyeahmenswear by Lawrence Schlossman (sp?) and Kevin Burrows and a very interesting book I have seen around call Power and Style or something - about how power and clothes have worked together throughout history).
I would recommend Hardy Amies book and Gentleman first.
Look forward to what others recommend.post #29908 of 679464/18/13 at 2:23pmpost #29909 of 679464/18/13 at 3:05pmpost #29910 of 679464/18/13 at 3:11pmQuote:
I remember the leather bound special edition version printed in limited quantities - content is identical but the way it was presented was just beautiful
Nice one, Romp.
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 1 minute ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 3 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Wine Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 10 minutes ago
- › Arc'teryx and Veilance Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Taylor Stitch - Official Affiliate Thread 20 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 22 minutes ago
- › The Hong Kong Tailors Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 24 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Fashion Forward brands that will be big in
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway