Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1994post #29896 of 622944/18/13 at 1:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29897 of 622944/18/13 at 1:15ampost #29898 of 622944/18/13 at 1:54ampost #29899 of 622944/18/13 at 3:12ampost #29900 of 622944/18/13 at 3:17ampost #29901 of 622944/18/13 at 3:54amI was hitherto unaware that Journeyman and I weren't the only lawyers here. And Oli, for that matter.
There is no sex appeal in Australian politics. Probably better that way. 'Politician hot' is like 'office hot' but without even the outside chance of a cheeky wristie in the copy room...post #29902 of 622944/18/13 at 3:57ampost #29903 of 622944/18/13 at 4:02ampost #29904 of 622944/18/13 at 6:40am
1) What books would you lot consider the essentials on menswear? I have Flusser's 'Dressing the Man' and Manton's book but I wouldn't mind some more.
2) Do I want the ultra or combination shoe tree from woodlore?
3) For my first oxfords do I want meerkats or loakes?
Edited by Oli2012 - 4/18/13 at 7:05ampost #29905 of 622944/18/13 at 6:45ampost #29906 of 622944/18/13 at 6:49ampost #29907 of 622944/18/13 at 6:53amQuote:
Not sure about shoe trees from Woodlore but plenty others can chime in on them.
As for books. One of the best book I have ever read (not just on menswear) is The Englishman's Suit by Hardy Amies. I was raving about it to Lennier at the HC Trunk Show this evening (fxh said his other books are well worth it too).
Gentleman by Bernhard Roetezel (sp?) is really great and I refer to it a lot.
Details: Manual by Daniel Peres is a simple overview which is quite good.
James Sherwood books on Savile Row and London are glamourous reads.
I have a stack of others (still keen to order Fuckyeahmenswear by Lawrence Schlossman (sp?) and Kevin Burrows and a very interesting book I have seen around call Power and Style or something - about how power and clothes have worked together throughout history).
I would recommend Hardy Amies book and Gentleman first.
Look forward to what others recommend.post #29908 of 622944/18/13 at 2:23pmpost #29909 of 622944/18/13 at 3:05pmpost #29910 of 622944/18/13 at 3:11pmQuote:
I remember the leather bound special edition version printed in limited quantities - content is identical but the way it was presented was just beautiful
Nice one, Romp.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 38 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 58 seconds ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 2 minutes ago
- › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here... 2 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Bee keeping for the modern man 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan