Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1994post #29896 of 633944/18/13 at 1:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29897 of 633944/18/13 at 1:15ampost #29898 of 633944/18/13 at 1:54ampost #29899 of 633944/18/13 at 3:12ampost #29900 of 633944/18/13 at 3:17ampost #29901 of 633944/18/13 at 3:54amI was hitherto unaware that Journeyman and I weren't the only lawyers here. And Oli, for that matter.
There is no sex appeal in Australian politics. Probably better that way. 'Politician hot' is like 'office hot' but without even the outside chance of a cheeky wristie in the copy room...post #29902 of 633944/18/13 at 3:57ampost #29903 of 633944/18/13 at 4:02ampost #29904 of 633944/18/13 at 6:40am
1) What books would you lot consider the essentials on menswear? I have Flusser's 'Dressing the Man' and Manton's book but I wouldn't mind some more.
2) Do I want the ultra or combination shoe tree from woodlore?
3) For my first oxfords do I want meerkats or loakes?
Edited by Oli2012 - 4/18/13 at 7:05ampost #29905 of 633944/18/13 at 6:45ampost #29906 of 633944/18/13 at 6:49ampost #29907 of 633944/18/13 at 6:53amQuote:
Not sure about shoe trees from Woodlore but plenty others can chime in on them.
As for books. One of the best book I have ever read (not just on menswear) is The Englishman's Suit by Hardy Amies. I was raving about it to Lennier at the HC Trunk Show this evening (fxh said his other books are well worth it too).
Gentleman by Bernhard Roetezel (sp?) is really great and I refer to it a lot.
Details: Manual by Daniel Peres is a simple overview which is quite good.
James Sherwood books on Savile Row and London are glamourous reads.
I have a stack of others (still keen to order Fuckyeahmenswear by Lawrence Schlossman (sp?) and Kevin Burrows and a very interesting book I have seen around call Power and Style or something - about how power and clothes have worked together throughout history).
I would recommend Hardy Amies book and Gentleman first.
Look forward to what others recommend.post #29908 of 633944/18/13 at 2:23pmpost #29909 of 633944/18/13 at 3:05pmpost #29910 of 633944/18/13 at 3:11pmQuote:
I remember the leather bound special edition version printed in limited quantities - content is identical but the way it was presented was just beautiful
Nice one, Romp.
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
- › UPDATED W NEW STOCK --> Black, White & Brown MOP Shirt Buttons -... 58 seconds ago
- › Motorcycles 1 minute ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 4 minutes ago
- › Wedding tie with light/medium blue custom suit 4 minutes ago
- › Brioni Pure Cashmere Gun Club Shepherd Sport Coat 42 R 4 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 5 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 5 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...