Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1994post #29896 of 604594/18/13 at 1:03am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29897 of 604594/18/13 at 1:15ampost #29898 of 604594/18/13 at 1:54ampost #29899 of 604594/18/13 at 3:12ampost #29900 of 604594/18/13 at 3:17ampost #29901 of 604594/18/13 at 3:54amI was hitherto unaware that Journeyman and I weren't the only lawyers here. And Oli, for that matter.
There is no sex appeal in Australian politics. Probably better that way. 'Politician hot' is like 'office hot' but without even the outside chance of a cheeky wristie in the copy room...post #29902 of 604594/18/13 at 3:57ampost #29903 of 604594/18/13 at 4:02ampost #29904 of 604594/18/13 at 6:40am
1) What books would you lot consider the essentials on menswear? I have Flusser's 'Dressing the Man' and Manton's book but I wouldn't mind some more.
2) Do I want the ultra or combination shoe tree from woodlore?
3) For my first oxfords do I want meerkats or loakes?
Edited by Oli2012 - 4/18/13 at 7:05ampost #29905 of 604594/18/13 at 6:45ampost #29906 of 604594/18/13 at 6:49ampost #29907 of 604594/18/13 at 6:53amQuote:
Not sure about shoe trees from Woodlore but plenty others can chime in on them.
As for books. One of the best book I have ever read (not just on menswear) is The Englishman's Suit by Hardy Amies. I was raving about it to Lennier at the HC Trunk Show this evening (fxh said his other books are well worth it too).
Gentleman by Bernhard Roetezel (sp?) is really great and I refer to it a lot.
Details: Manual by Daniel Peres is a simple overview which is quite good.
James Sherwood books on Savile Row and London are glamourous reads.
I have a stack of others (still keen to order Fuckyeahmenswear by Lawrence Schlossman (sp?) and Kevin Burrows and a very interesting book I have seen around call Power and Style or something - about how power and clothes have worked together throughout history).
I would recommend Hardy Amies book and Gentleman first.
Look forward to what others recommend.post #29908 of 604594/18/13 at 2:23pmpost #29909 of 604594/18/13 at 3:05pmpost #29910 of 604594/18/13 at 3:11pmQuote:
I remember the leather bound special edition version printed in limited quantities - content is identical but the way it was presented was just beautiful
Nice one, Romp.
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 52 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF MAR... 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 6 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 6 minutes ago
- › Suitsupply NYC 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 9 minutes ago
- › 1900's Impressionist art, need some feedback 10 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...