or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1992

post #29866 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Those interested in what to wear to a funeral could do well to have a look at what the inherited status and money and celebrity, leisure and political classes in England wear to a state funeral.


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2310332/Margaret-Thatcher-funeral-Fascinators-pearls-order-Katherine-Jenkins-Joan-Collins-Duchess-York-Shirley-Bassey-attend-Baroness-Thatchers-funeral-St-Pauls-Cathedral.html

No jeans, shorts or t shirts like the last funeral I attended here.

 

Interesting that Tony Blair in in a navy suit with a black twill(?) tie while most of the other men were in morning dress(?) or black suits.

post #29867 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson View Post

Interesting that Tony Blair in in a navy suit with a black twill(?) tie while most of the other men were in morning dress(?) or black suits.

Mourning dress suit is different from Morning Suit. (Well some somber Morning suits could double)

I suspect Blair's suit is a careful statement about Labour vs Tory plus an acknowledgement of the fact that hes out of office. See Gordon Brown too. But Ed Miliband frocked up.
So hard to decode the subtle class/status signals of these Poms.
post #29868 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oli2012 View Post

 

Are the stories about Freehills being slave drivers true?

No it is not true at all. 

 

Slaves get to keep their souls.

post #29869 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Mourning dress suit is different from Morning Suit. (Well some somber Morning suits could double)

I suspect Blair's suit is a careful statement about Labour vs Tory plus an acknowledgement of the fact that hes out of office. See Gordon Brown too. But Ed Miliband frocked up.
So hard to decode the subtle class/status signals of these Poms.

I think the blue suit was acknowledgement that he is a closet Tory.

Thatcher did give birth to New Labour after all.
post #29870 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post

Those interested in what to wear to a funeral could do well to have a look at what the inherited status and money and celebrity, leisure and political classes in England wear to a state funeral.


http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2310332/Margaret-Thatcher-funeral-Fascinators-pearls-order-Katherine-Jenkins-Joan-Collins-Duchess-York-Shirley-Bassey-attend-Baroness-Thatchers-funeral-St-Pauls-Cathedral.html

No jeans, shorts or t shirts like the last funeral I attended here.

 

Everyone looks excellent!

 

Amanda Thatcher.......wow! Shmoking!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post


I suppose a coffee and chatting about pocket hankies and sockless outfits is all billable time for some hapless client ?

 

Quality post :).

post #29871 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Sy View Post

 

Everyone looks excellent!

 

Amanda Thatcher.......wow! Shmoking!

 

 

Quality post :).

 

 

Thought Carol Thatcher would be more your cup of tea my good man fight[1].gif

post #29872 of 54709
I think it'd be odd to wear mourning/morning dress to a funeral in Australia, unless it was a former Prime Minister/GG.
post #29873 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Brogues View Post

 

 

Thought Carol Thatcher would be more your cup of tea my good man fight%5B1%5D.gif

 

Na mate, I prefer someone a little more vocal.........like Katherine Jenkins. Wouldn't mind hearing her high notes.

 

I think you'd be a great match for Fergusson, the Dutchess of York. Seeing as you have a feti...fascination for Brogues/feet/toes. You wouldn't be punching above your weight, either.

post #29874 of 54709

Alright guys, I think we'll take a raincheck on this episode of the Sydney meetup.

 

Hopefully I can the meetup show on the road to Brisbane.

post #29875 of 54709
This sort of thing restores my faith.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/04/17/new-zealand-same-sex-marriage-bill-greeted-by-maori-love-song-3620132/
post #29876 of 54709
I can't believe same-sex marriage isn't legal in this country. That it's debated, that it's an "issue".
post #29877 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

I can't believe same-sex marriage isn't legal in this country. That it's debated, that it's an "issue".

Totally agreed.

Nice little article here (nothing new for anyone here, but an easy, enjoyable read) - http://www.broadsheet.com.au/melbourne/fashion/article/business-dressing-gentleman-with-mr-bucks
post #29878 of 54709
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

 

Roger wilco.

 

 

No idea, mate. They're our opponents.

 

You'll have to ask them. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxh View Post


I suppose a coffee and chatting about pocket hankies and sockless outfits is all billable time for some hapless client ?


So long as you have your hand on a file note :D

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by Petepan View Post

No it is not true at all. 

 

Slaves get to keep their souls.

 


:'(

 

Edit: Damn I wanna bang Amanda Thatcher. What is it with right wing chicks and being smoking hot?

post #29879 of 54709

You guys remind me of Will Ferrell from Wedding Crashers

 

post #29880 of 54709
"Mrs Thatcher was a great believer in private enterprise, why didn't we put her funeral out to competitive tender, rather than have the taxpayer bear the burden?"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members