Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1987post #29791 of 621024/16/13 at 9:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29792 of 621024/16/13 at 9:21pmpost #29793 of 621024/16/13 at 9:27pmQuote:
Would it be possible to send me a free sample for me to make an assessment? I can then post a detailed review of the process etc. Where are you guys based?post #29794 of 621024/16/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
Wow frank. i went to your site and you're actually real and now i understand where your username comes from. Creepy!post #29795 of 621024/16/13 at 9:51pmpost #29796 of 621024/16/13 at 9:56pmQuote:
Seriously Frank you seem to be obsessed with Elite Suits. It's like Pavlov's dogs. I make a post and straight way you come back with a derogatory comment. It's actually rather amusing.
Keep going though. I getting more and more orders from SF members (including two yesterday) so it would seem I'm not the only one who finds your replies funny.
It's rather quaint how you seem to think that my tailors have some magical ability to make suits that fit a customer perfectly to your idea of perfect rather than just make them to the measurements provided by the customer despite me explaining just a little while ago what you need to do to get that close to perfect fit and that a lot of customers don't bother.
I mean coming out and saying that my customers must just be stupid is a classic. Especially when I've made suits for CEO's of two ASX200 companies and the CEO of a well known global technology company but let's listen to the superior opinion of Frank.
BTW when comparing his new Elite Suit to his last purchase our global tech CEO said that ours was a better fit, a better fabric and much better standard of construction and when he went to have his photo taken for the cover of a well circulated industry magazine he wore our suit.
When you consider that his other suit was a Tom Ford original he paid $7,000 for, you will have to forgive me if I was a little chuffed.by his praise.
BTW Frank. That suit you're wearing in your profile picture. The jacket looks a little on the long side for my taste and that sleeve appears rather short. Is it just me or do the shoulders seem a little big and that waist looks as though it could come in an inch or so.
Then again, as I said how a suit fits is a very individual issue. How I like my suits to fit may be completely different to what you want in yourspost #29797 of 621024/16/13 at 10:06pmpost #29798 of 621024/16/13 at 10:17pmpost #29799 of 621024/16/13 at 10:22pmpost #29800 of 621024/16/13 at 10:27pmpost #29801 of 621024/16/13 at 10:33pmQuote:
I thought we already cleared this up previously?
http://www.styleforum.net/t/88856/australian-members/28080#post_6203760post #29802 of 621024/16/13 at 10:52pmpost #29803 of 621024/16/13 at 10:59pmpost #29804 of 621024/16/13 at 11:09pmpost #29805 of 621024/16/13 at 11:19pmQuote:
Not that I want to sound too pedantic, but it's Savile Row (with one "l"), not Saville Row.
Also, from memory, Patrick Johnson trained as a shirtmaker on Jermyn St, rather than as a fitter on Savile Row.Quote:
Alfred Sargent have some very nice-looking chukka boots, particularly in the AS Exclusive range.
The C&J Tetbury is also nice - does the 348 last fit you?
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › How many miles did you run today? 5 seconds ago
- › REDUCED! RLPL Palph Lauren Purple Label 4.5K grey suit, 42L NWOT... 12 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 14 seconds ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 33 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 2 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 3 minutes ago
- › Nice Neiman Marcus blazer | 38R 5 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 6 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan