Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1987post #29791 of 612154/16/13 at 9:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29792 of 612154/16/13 at 9:21pmpost #29793 of 612154/16/13 at 9:27pmQuote:
Would it be possible to send me a free sample for me to make an assessment? I can then post a detailed review of the process etc. Where are you guys based?post #29794 of 612154/16/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
Wow frank. i went to your site and you're actually real and now i understand where your username comes from. Creepy!post #29795 of 612154/16/13 at 9:51pmpost #29796 of 612154/16/13 at 9:56pmQuote:
Seriously Frank you seem to be obsessed with Elite Suits. It's like Pavlov's dogs. I make a post and straight way you come back with a derogatory comment. It's actually rather amusing.
Keep going though. I getting more and more orders from SF members (including two yesterday) so it would seem I'm not the only one who finds your replies funny.
It's rather quaint how you seem to think that my tailors have some magical ability to make suits that fit a customer perfectly to your idea of perfect rather than just make them to the measurements provided by the customer despite me explaining just a little while ago what you need to do to get that close to perfect fit and that a lot of customers don't bother.
I mean coming out and saying that my customers must just be stupid is a classic. Especially when I've made suits for CEO's of two ASX200 companies and the CEO of a well known global technology company but let's listen to the superior opinion of Frank.
BTW when comparing his new Elite Suit to his last purchase our global tech CEO said that ours was a better fit, a better fabric and much better standard of construction and when he went to have his photo taken for the cover of a well circulated industry magazine he wore our suit.
When you consider that his other suit was a Tom Ford original he paid $7,000 for, you will have to forgive me if I was a little chuffed.by his praise.
BTW Frank. That suit you're wearing in your profile picture. The jacket looks a little on the long side for my taste and that sleeve appears rather short. Is it just me or do the shoulders seem a little big and that waist looks as though it could come in an inch or so.
Then again, as I said how a suit fits is a very individual issue. How I like my suits to fit may be completely different to what you want in yourspost #29797 of 612154/16/13 at 10:06pmpost #29798 of 612154/16/13 at 10:17pmpost #29799 of 612154/16/13 at 10:22pmpost #29800 of 612154/16/13 at 10:27pmpost #29801 of 612154/16/13 at 10:33pmQuote:
I thought we already cleared this up previously?
http://www.styleforum.net/t/88856/australian-members/28080#post_6203760post #29802 of 612154/16/13 at 10:52pmpost #29803 of 612154/16/13 at 10:59pmpost #29804 of 612154/16/13 at 11:09pmpost #29805 of 612154/16/13 at 11:19pmQuote:
Not that I want to sound too pedantic, but it's Savile Row (with one "l"), not Saville Row.
Also, from memory, Patrick Johnson trained as a shirtmaker on Jermyn St, rather than as a fitter on Savile Row.Quote:
Alfred Sargent have some very nice-looking chukka boots, particularly in the AS Exclusive range.
The C&J Tetbury is also nice - does the 348 last fit you?
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 55 seconds ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile 744 Limited Edition Shell Boots -- Brown --... 1 minute ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 2 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Krause Boots in Russet -- size 11.5D -- near new 5 minutes ago
- › Shoemaking Techniques and Traditions--"...these foolish things..." 6 minutes ago
- › Galleries Contest - Streetwear & Denim score keeper thread. 7 minutes ago
- › Whey protein 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 7 minutes ago
- › Equus Leather - Bridle Leather Belts - Official Affiliate Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan
- › Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the Blue
- › Clothing for Hard Work
- › Sakura Season
- › A Brief History of Indigo
- › The (Red) Thread Connecting Italy and Japan
- › Two Japanese Words Every Clothing Dork Should...