Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1987post #29791 of 664844/16/13 at 9:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29792 of 664844/16/13 at 9:21pmpost #29793 of 664844/16/13 at 9:27pmQuote:
Would it be possible to send me a free sample for me to make an assessment? I can then post a detailed review of the process etc. Where are you guys based?post #29794 of 664844/16/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
Wow frank. i went to your site and you're actually real and now i understand where your username comes from. Creepy!post #29795 of 664844/16/13 at 9:51pmpost #29796 of 664844/16/13 at 9:56pmQuote:
Seriously Frank you seem to be obsessed with Elite Suits. It's like Pavlov's dogs. I make a post and straight way you come back with a derogatory comment. It's actually rather amusing.
Keep going though. I getting more and more orders from SF members (including two yesterday) so it would seem I'm not the only one who finds your replies funny.
It's rather quaint how you seem to think that my tailors have some magical ability to make suits that fit a customer perfectly to your idea of perfect rather than just make them to the measurements provided by the customer despite me explaining just a little while ago what you need to do to get that close to perfect fit and that a lot of customers don't bother.
I mean coming out and saying that my customers must just be stupid is a classic. Especially when I've made suits for CEO's of two ASX200 companies and the CEO of a well known global technology company but let's listen to the superior opinion of Frank.
BTW when comparing his new Elite Suit to his last purchase our global tech CEO said that ours was a better fit, a better fabric and much better standard of construction and when he went to have his photo taken for the cover of a well circulated industry magazine he wore our suit.
When you consider that his other suit was a Tom Ford original he paid $7,000 for, you will have to forgive me if I was a little chuffed.by his praise.
BTW Frank. That suit you're wearing in your profile picture. The jacket looks a little on the long side for my taste and that sleeve appears rather short. Is it just me or do the shoulders seem a little big and that waist looks as though it could come in an inch or so.
Then again, as I said how a suit fits is a very individual issue. How I like my suits to fit may be completely different to what you want in yourspost #29797 of 664844/16/13 at 10:06pmpost #29798 of 664844/16/13 at 10:17pmpost #29799 of 664844/16/13 at 10:22pmpost #29800 of 664844/16/13 at 10:27pmpost #29801 of 664844/16/13 at 10:33pmQuote:
I thought we already cleared this up previously?
http://www.styleforum.net/t/88856/australian-members/28080#post_6203760post #29802 of 664844/16/13 at 10:52pmpost #29803 of 664844/16/13 at 10:59pmpost #29804 of 664844/16/13 at 11:09pmpost #29805 of 664844/16/13 at 11:19pmQuote:
Not that I want to sound too pedantic, but it's Savile Row (with one "l"), not Saville Row.
Also, from memory, Patrick Johnson trained as a shirtmaker on Jermyn St, rather than as a fitter on Savile Row.Quote:
Alfred Sargent have some very nice-looking chukka boots, particularly in the AS Exclusive range.
The C&J Tetbury is also nice - does the 348 last fit you?
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
- › Club Monaco: Adventures in decent clothing and horrible marketing 10 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 26 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 33 seconds ago
- › The Official Beer Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Black cords - what goes??? 4 minutes ago
- › UNDERSTUDY - 3Sixteen, A.P.C., Arc'teryx Veilance, Barena,... 5 minutes ago
- › TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other... 7 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 8 minutes ago
- › GOLDEN BEAR X CLUB MONACO Horween Leather Jacket 10 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 12 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories