Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Australian Members - Page 1987post #29791 of 679464/16/13 at 9:21pmpost #29792 of 679464/16/13 at 9:21pmpost #29793 of 679464/16/13 at 9:27pmQuote:
Would it be possible to send me a free sample for me to make an assessment? I can then post a detailed review of the process etc. Where are you guys based?post #29794 of 679464/16/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
Wow frank. i went to your site and you're actually real and now i understand where your username comes from. Creepy!post #29795 of 679464/16/13 at 9:51pmDon't sweat it Oli: I sometimes wear brown double monks, in the Magistrates Court anyway. And there's one senior junior who wears his with robes (which I think looks silly, black and brown, but anyway...)post #29796 of 679464/16/13 at 9:56pmQuote:
Seriously Frank you seem to be obsessed with Elite Suits. It's like Pavlov's dogs. I make a post and straight way you come back with a derogatory comment. It's actually rather amusing.
Keep going though. I getting more and more orders from SF members (including two yesterday) so it would seem I'm not the only one who finds your replies funny.
It's rather quaint how you seem to think that my tailors have some magical ability to make suits that fit a customer perfectly to your idea of perfect rather than just make them to the measurements provided by the customer despite me explaining just a little while ago what you need to do to get that close to perfect fit and that a lot of customers don't bother.
I mean coming out and saying that my customers must just be stupid is a classic. Especially when I've made suits for CEO's of two ASX200 companies and the CEO of a well known global technology company but let's listen to the superior opinion of Frank.
BTW when comparing his new Elite Suit to his last purchase our global tech CEO said that ours was a better fit, a better fabric and much better standard of construction and when he went to have his photo taken for the cover of a well circulated industry magazine he wore our suit.
When you consider that his other suit was a Tom Ford original he paid $7,000 for, you will have to forgive me if I was a little chuffed.by his praise.
BTW Frank. That suit you're wearing in your profile picture. The jacket looks a little on the long side for my taste and that sleeve appears rather short. Is it just me or do the shoulders seem a little big and that waist looks as though it could come in an inch or so.
Then again, as I said how a suit fits is a very individual issue. How I like my suits to fit may be completely different to what you want in yourspost #29797 of 679464/16/13 at 10:06pmpost #29798 of 679464/16/13 at 10:17pmpost #29799 of 679464/16/13 at 10:22pmpost #29800 of 679464/16/13 at 10:27pmpost #29801 of 679464/16/13 at 10:33pmQuote:
I thought we already cleared this up previously?
http://www.styleforum.net/t/88856/australian-members/28080#post_6203760post #29802 of 679464/16/13 at 10:52pmpost #29803 of 679464/16/13 at 10:59pmpost #29804 of 679464/16/13 at 11:09pmpost #29805 of 679464/16/13 at 11:19pmQuote:
Not that I want to sound too pedantic, but it's Savile Row (with one "l"), not Saville Row.
Also, from memory, Patrick Johnson trained as a shirtmaker on Jermyn St, rather than as a fitter on Savile Row.Quote:
Alfred Sargent have some very nice-looking chukka boots, particularly in the AS Exclusive range.
The C&J Tetbury is also nice - does the 348 last fit you?
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 19 seconds ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 25 seconds ago
- › Eidos Napoli 27 seconds ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › patrickBOOTH's Third-of-Life Crisis and (Mostly) Self-Imposed... 1 minute ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 1 minute ago
- › Show us how you roll in Engineered Garments 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 2 minutes ago
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...