Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1987post #29791 of 678874/16/13 at 9:21pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #29792 of 678874/16/13 at 9:21pmpost #29793 of 678874/16/13 at 9:27pmQuote:
Would it be possible to send me a free sample for me to make an assessment? I can then post a detailed review of the process etc. Where are you guys based?post #29794 of 678874/16/13 at 9:29pmQuote:
Wow frank. i went to your site and you're actually real and now i understand where your username comes from. Creepy!post #29795 of 678874/16/13 at 9:51pmpost #29796 of 678874/16/13 at 9:56pmQuote:
Seriously Frank you seem to be obsessed with Elite Suits. It's like Pavlov's dogs. I make a post and straight way you come back with a derogatory comment. It's actually rather amusing.
Keep going though. I getting more and more orders from SF members (including two yesterday) so it would seem I'm not the only one who finds your replies funny.
It's rather quaint how you seem to think that my tailors have some magical ability to make suits that fit a customer perfectly to your idea of perfect rather than just make them to the measurements provided by the customer despite me explaining just a little while ago what you need to do to get that close to perfect fit and that a lot of customers don't bother.
I mean coming out and saying that my customers must just be stupid is a classic. Especially when I've made suits for CEO's of two ASX200 companies and the CEO of a well known global technology company but let's listen to the superior opinion of Frank.
BTW when comparing his new Elite Suit to his last purchase our global tech CEO said that ours was a better fit, a better fabric and much better standard of construction and when he went to have his photo taken for the cover of a well circulated industry magazine he wore our suit.
When you consider that his other suit was a Tom Ford original he paid $7,000 for, you will have to forgive me if I was a little chuffed.by his praise.
BTW Frank. That suit you're wearing in your profile picture. The jacket looks a little on the long side for my taste and that sleeve appears rather short. Is it just me or do the shoulders seem a little big and that waist looks as though it could come in an inch or so.
Then again, as I said how a suit fits is a very individual issue. How I like my suits to fit may be completely different to what you want in yourspost #29797 of 678874/16/13 at 10:06pmpost #29798 of 678874/16/13 at 10:17pmpost #29799 of 678874/16/13 at 10:22pmpost #29800 of 678874/16/13 at 10:27pmpost #29801 of 678874/16/13 at 10:33pmQuote:
I thought we already cleared this up previously?
http://www.styleforum.net/t/88856/australian-members/28080#post_6203760post #29802 of 678874/16/13 at 10:52pmpost #29803 of 678874/16/13 at 10:59pmpost #29804 of 678874/16/13 at 11:09pmpost #29805 of 678874/16/13 at 11:19pmQuote:
Not that I want to sound too pedantic, but it's Savile Row (with one "l"), not Saville Row.
Also, from memory, Patrick Johnson trained as a shirtmaker on Jermyn St, rather than as a fitter on Savile Row.Quote:
Alfred Sargent have some very nice-looking chukka boots, particularly in the AS Exclusive range.
The C&J Tetbury is also nice - does the 348 last fit you?
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 43 seconds ago
- › How many miles did you run today? 4 minutes ago
- › NIB Crockett & Jones Brown Wingtips & Ferragamo Tramezza Norwegian... 9 minutes ago
- › Can you guys tell me if these balmain jeans are fake? 9 minutes ago
- › shoe construction...behind the veil 16 minutes ago
- › Any other Edmontonians here? 19 minutes ago
- › W. Bill Green Linen Custom Run 22 minutes ago
- › What's the deal with "sleek" shoes? 23 minutes ago
- › NWT Suits from RLBL & Brooks Brothers 1818 - Sizes 44L & 46L 26 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › What Kind of Wedding Tie Should I Buy?
- › Price list for Vass shoes and boots for 2016
- › Paris: Men's Fashion Week, Part 1
- › Advice on care and maintenance of Alden...
- › Help, the back of the inside of my shoes are...
- › Getting rid of a black spot on Wolverine boots
- › Removing a scratch from a pair of shoes
- › How to fix a scratch in Allen Edmond Park...
- › The 5 Best Dress Watches Under $5,000 - as...
- › The 5 best Sport Watches under $1000 - as...