There is one on Burke st just a few doors upfrom Cleveland st that is used by a lot of professional artists in Sydney,can't recall the name.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1950
Styleforum Top Picks
I've used these guys several times over the last 6 years or so. Solid work and no complaints. But I've not been doing anything that fancy, some prints, a pencil drawing and a v. large photo.
Hey Oli, I work at PJohnson Tailors.
Cotton is great for casual fridays and can look very sharp but its still cotton and probably wouldn't be acceptable in many offices in Aus Mon-Thurs.
I have a navy cotton jacket from P Johnson, and love it. It looks very different to a Navy suit jacket, but less like a 'work jacket'. People can tell easily if you are wearing your work Merino jacket on the weekend. It invokes images of wearing your school uniform on the weekend. I think a navy cotton jacket is the best jacket for the space between formal and smart casual. Bear in mind, it is also slightly higher maintenance as cotton creases a lot easier. Pop into P Johnson, they'll hook you up with a good cotton jacket.
I disagree about maintenance, primarily because I'm not concerned about a few creases in cotton. All my cotton jacket sleeves have serious creasing going on. My favourite cord jacket has marks set in - but it's been to more countries than I have, weathered snow and sunshine and I don't at all mind because the creases are its life story.
Yeah i agree I had a navy PJ cotton jacket commissioned when I went to Europe as a travel jacket - its harder wearing than wool and I love the creases at the elbow .. almost like denim adding character over time.
Remy that top-knot is killer
Firstly, I'm not sure about that jacket with those pants. To me, the jacket looks a little too smooth and slick for the apparent rough texture of the trousers, tie and shoes (though this could be an illusion of the camera?). To me, the jacket says formal/city, but the rest of the outfit says country/casual, though I admit I am making a judgement without seeing the whole outfit in one frame (perhaps it "pulls together" quite well in the whole).
Also, while those Rubinacci pocket squares are undoubtedly things of beauty, they are notoriously hard to coordinate. To me, the one you are wearing has a summery vibe with that splash of green/teal and the light ground. I get you are trying to link the brown in it to your tie/shoes but to me, the overwhelmingly light background makes it jar a little with the A/W feel of the rest of your look, and it would perhaps look more at home in the breast pocket of a lighter coloured cotton jacket and a pair of green chinos, for example.
Interested to hear your and others' thoughts on my comments.
I think you have some valid points there and you've provided a very good, clear critique. Looking at the jacket as I wear it, I would have to agree. I think something with more texture would gel better given the trousers. (unseen) suede belt, shoes and tie.
I'd agree that the pocket square is summery - it could be worn in a number of ways to highlight the other colours but the vibe is still 'light'. I have others that would suit the bill more than this one.
One thing I'm finding challenging to put into practise is the combination of different textures to make an outfit interesting while still retaining coherence and harmony in its entirety.
- Australian Members
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 53 seconds ago
- › The Unbranded Brand Jeans 1 minute ago
- › RANCOURT & Co. Shoes - Made in Maine 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 3 minutes ago
- › Wings + Horn Jersey Blazer (XL) 5 minutes ago
- › PRICE DROPS - Engineered Garments Stripe Irving Jacket (L) 5 minutes ago
- › PRICE DROP: Engineered Garments Bedford Jacket (L) 6 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 6 minutes ago
- › PRICE DROP: Needles Ink Dyed Shirt (XL) 6 minutes ago
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw