Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 11/14/13 at 8:47pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Jeffrey George
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1941
Styleforum Top Picks
I found this to be quite an interesting read: http://www.neh.gov/humanities/2008/marchapril/feature/the-dandy
"I am kind of a dull person in real life. I have a regular job and a suburban home and all that, but I overdress. I aspire to be a dandy in that sense only."
To this post here;
Regarding shoe polish.
Where are you guys buying the products? Any brand/store recommendations.
Here's everything I reckon you need:
Saphir gold medal line products:
1 black wax polish
1 black cream polish
1 appropriate brown wax polish
1 appropriate brown cream polish
2 cloths or chamois. One to apply the renovator/polish with, One to buff the toe cap. (You can use a brush to apply the polish but I prefer using a cloth and working it into the leather in small circles.
2 horsehair brushes to brush the polish off once it is dry. Use one for black and one for brown.
1 wooden box to keep it all in.
Very simple method that I use is:
- brush dust and dirt off shoe
- apply Renovator over the complete shoe. Wait five or ten minutes. Brush it off.
- apply cream polish all over the shoe including toe cap. Wait five or ten minutes. Brush it off.
- apply wax polish to the toe cap. Wait five or ten minutes. Brush it off. (Repeat this step as many times as you like depending on how deep a shine you are after).
- buff toe cap with fresh cloth.
If you want a mirror shine you can then wet a cloth and work it in small circles on the toe cap then finish it off with a buffing from a pair of nylon stockings.
No, because then they'll fit him and he'll keep them. What you need to do is *convince* TBM that he needs a 10G UK then pick them up when he on-sells them
So I won three eBay tie auctions the other week in the early morning, which cost me $180 all up, and finally they've arrived from the UK :)
The seller was away for a couple of days so threw in another unsold tie to make up for the delay - one with which I forgot to bid on and really wanted anyway. All NWOT. Here they are:
The tie on the right is a light green, but is slightly darker than it appears in the photos. Was that a steal or what?
Yeah I'm not too sure yet about that light green. Couldn't pass it up for $40, but am unsure if anything will go with it. Any suggestions?
Haven't posted very frequently so what's been going on recently? I see that Gerry and TBM are as dapper as ever but haven't seen many other pics so far and too long to catch up properly.
Also realized I missed the knit ties I wanted from the HC sale T_T (plain navy and brown) but ah well.
By the way has anyone seen the Smedley polo collared knits? They look great am going through the interwebz trying to grab myself the 'Dorset' model will probably have one ordered by tonight considering It is one of there classic models assuming it is slim but not too slim.
Hope it fits cuz it looks excellent; and what is the etiquette on knitwear sleeves? I usually turnback my sleeves as my arms aren't quite long enough and is there a way to actually shorten them (via a tailor)?
But in saying that, I'd wear it for spring and summer events, like the races or weddings and the like. It'll work with a light to mid grey suit and white shirt quite well but unfortunately the pastelly nature of the colour won't see it useable for another 6 months or so now.
Navy suit, white shirt
Navy jacket, white shirt, grey trousers
Dark brown suit, white shirt
Charcoal suit, white shirt
Brown tweed jacket, navy (or mid-grey) trousers, white shirt
Probably all with either a white or a dark green PS.
....aaaand I'm spent.
- Australian Members
- › The Official Beer Thread 14 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 32 seconds ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 2 minutes ago
- › Help me find a song? 2 minutes ago
- › The Official RRL Thread 5 minutes ago
- › PASSAGGIO CRAVATTE - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › IC: Ann Demeulemeester Black Suede Mid-Top Sneakers [fits ~41-42] 9 minutes ago
- › Favorite Leather Conditioner?? 9 minutes ago
- › Trickers City Line And Alternatives 9 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 15 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw