Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1929post #28921 of 572383/30/13 at 4:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28922 of 572383/30/13 at 5:12ampost #28923 of 572383/30/13 at 5:13ampost #28924 of 572383/30/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
Easy - just buy a pair of Meermin's or a pair of Herring's Knightbridge shoes (based off loake 1880)
- use AH10 code for 10% offQuote:
not a shit load but keen to get some Saphir Renovator cream if you do a order and dark brown shoe polish
cheerspost #28925 of 572383/30/13 at 3:37pmFrom SMH 31/3
Hyped chains accused of dumping stock Down Under
March 31, 2013
255 reading nowRead later
Australian shoppers are getting tricked into buying inferior stock from big-name British and US brands, say retail experts.
H&M's arrival next year will complete what some have dubbed a ''golden triangle'' in Sydney that includes Zara and Topshop, but not everyone is buying into the hype.
Many shoppers bemoan the fact Australia appears to be a dumping ground for these big international brands - a place to shift out of season or unwanted stock without anyone taking notice.
''I was excited by Zara initially but I've only bought one thing from there and not a single thing from Topshop,'' Eva Timbs, a personal shopper who regularly visits the stores as part of her work, said.
''The selection is not the same. It feels like cheap stuff from China and the stores miss the mark. Overseas, even though they are chain stores, they feel luxurious and are beautifully merchandised. Gap is the worst, it looks like a seconds store.''
Experts agree there is a high street hoax going on.
''Some of these international brands have massive and distorted halos,'' Stephen Kulmar, a retail strategist with Retail Oasis in Sydney, said.
''Zara and H&M don't spend a lot on fit-out, although they do secure the best and most dominant site to make flagship statements. But, at the end of the day, it's about end-to-end experience and product.
''In Australia, Zara has been slow and expensive, and won't get real until H&M are here to keep them honest and current.''
Yet, shoppers cannot count on those mouth-watering pieces they spied in Manhattan making their way here - the Zara collection for Australia is designed specifically to the southern hemisphere. But competition is the key.
''The more overseas competition the better,'' Mr Kulmar said. ''This will ultimately result in higher standards of retail execution and, therefore, a better consumer experience.''
Still, Sydney's retail scene has been reinvigorated with the arrival of the coveted global fashion brands. And there's more to come in the form of Japan's Uniqlo (also in 2014) and US surf brand Hollister (opening stores in Sydney and Melbourne mid-year), with rumours that America's J.Crew (Michelle Obama's favourite), Banana Republic and beauty giant Sephora plan to set up shop Down Under.
I had a breif look at Zara yesterday and was not impressed mind you I am not skinny enough for most items I wanted to buy a black wool jumper the quality of the ones I looked at was poor.post #28926 of 572383/30/13 at 3:37pmpost #28927 of 572383/30/13 at 3:50pmpost #28928 of 572383/30/13 at 4:49pmpost #28929 of 572383/30/13 at 5:24pmpost #28930 of 572383/30/13 at 6:13pmpost #28931 of 572383/30/13 at 9:07pmpost #28932 of 572383/30/13 at 11:12pmpost #28933 of 572383/30/13 at 11:35pmQuote:
2) Do you mean, so you can do it yourself?
Here's a "do it yourself" guide: http://www.wikihow.com/Hem-a-Pair-of-Pants-With-Cuffs
There may well be a YouTube guide, too, so it could be worth doing a YouTube search, too.post #28934 of 572383/31/13 at 12:00am
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1657 Active Users (391 Members and 1266 Guests)
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 10 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 18 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 22 seconds ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 50 seconds ago
- › A little help with Gaziano and Girling sizing 1 minute ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 2 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 3 minutes ago
- › Official Events and PSA thread 3 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...