Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- Fall Styles for the Tailored ManLast edited: 10/14/15
- In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong KongLast edited: 10/1/15
- Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot CompanyLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1929post #28921 of 665683/30/13 at 4:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28922 of 665683/30/13 at 5:12ampost #28923 of 665683/30/13 at 5:13ampost #28924 of 665683/30/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
Easy - just buy a pair of Meermin's or a pair of Herring's Knightbridge shoes (based off loake 1880)
- use AH10 code for 10% offQuote:
not a shit load but keen to get some Saphir Renovator cream if you do a order and dark brown shoe polish
cheerspost #28925 of 665683/30/13 at 3:37pmFrom SMH 31/3
Hyped chains accused of dumping stock Down Under
March 31, 2013
255 reading nowRead later
Australian shoppers are getting tricked into buying inferior stock from big-name British and US brands, say retail experts.
H&M's arrival next year will complete what some have dubbed a ''golden triangle'' in Sydney that includes Zara and Topshop, but not everyone is buying into the hype.
Many shoppers bemoan the fact Australia appears to be a dumping ground for these big international brands - a place to shift out of season or unwanted stock without anyone taking notice.
''I was excited by Zara initially but I've only bought one thing from there and not a single thing from Topshop,'' Eva Timbs, a personal shopper who regularly visits the stores as part of her work, said.
''The selection is not the same. It feels like cheap stuff from China and the stores miss the mark. Overseas, even though they are chain stores, they feel luxurious and are beautifully merchandised. Gap is the worst, it looks like a seconds store.''
Experts agree there is a high street hoax going on.
''Some of these international brands have massive and distorted halos,'' Stephen Kulmar, a retail strategist with Retail Oasis in Sydney, said.
''Zara and H&M don't spend a lot on fit-out, although they do secure the best and most dominant site to make flagship statements. But, at the end of the day, it's about end-to-end experience and product.
''In Australia, Zara has been slow and expensive, and won't get real until H&M are here to keep them honest and current.''
Yet, shoppers cannot count on those mouth-watering pieces they spied in Manhattan making their way here - the Zara collection for Australia is designed specifically to the southern hemisphere. But competition is the key.
''The more overseas competition the better,'' Mr Kulmar said. ''This will ultimately result in higher standards of retail execution and, therefore, a better consumer experience.''
Still, Sydney's retail scene has been reinvigorated with the arrival of the coveted global fashion brands. And there's more to come in the form of Japan's Uniqlo (also in 2014) and US surf brand Hollister (opening stores in Sydney and Melbourne mid-year), with rumours that America's J.Crew (Michelle Obama's favourite), Banana Republic and beauty giant Sephora plan to set up shop Down Under.
I had a breif look at Zara yesterday and was not impressed mind you I am not skinny enough for most items I wanted to buy a black wool jumper the quality of the ones I looked at was poor.post #28926 of 665683/30/13 at 3:37pmpost #28927 of 665683/30/13 at 3:50pmpost #28928 of 665683/30/13 at 4:49pmpost #28929 of 665683/30/13 at 5:24pmpost #28930 of 665683/30/13 at 6:13pmpost #28931 of 665683/30/13 at 9:07pmpost #28932 of 665683/30/13 at 11:12pmpost #28933 of 665683/30/13 at 11:35pmQuote:
2) Do you mean, so you can do it yourself?
Here's a "do it yourself" guide: http://www.wikihow.com/Hem-a-Pair-of-Pants-With-Cuffs
There may well be a YouTube guide, too, so it could be worth doing a YouTube search, too.post #28934 of 665683/31/13 at 12:00am
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015
Currently, there are 1381 Active Users (267 Members and 1114 Guests)
- › ARCTERYX VEILANCE IS FIELD JACKET....any clue on sizing? 5 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc... 6 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 7 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 8 minutes ago
- › Mid gray super 150's Corneliani "Leader" suit in 52R EU / 42R US. 9 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 16 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 17 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 22 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories