Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1929post #28921 of 634633/30/13 at 4:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28922 of 634633/30/13 at 5:12ampost #28923 of 634633/30/13 at 5:13ampost #28924 of 634633/30/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
Easy - just buy a pair of Meermin's or a pair of Herring's Knightbridge shoes (based off loake 1880)
- use AH10 code for 10% offQuote:
not a shit load but keen to get some Saphir Renovator cream if you do a order and dark brown shoe polish
cheerspost #28925 of 634633/30/13 at 3:37pmFrom SMH 31/3
Hyped chains accused of dumping stock Down Under
March 31, 2013
255 reading nowRead later
Australian shoppers are getting tricked into buying inferior stock from big-name British and US brands, say retail experts.
H&M's arrival next year will complete what some have dubbed a ''golden triangle'' in Sydney that includes Zara and Topshop, but not everyone is buying into the hype.
Many shoppers bemoan the fact Australia appears to be a dumping ground for these big international brands - a place to shift out of season or unwanted stock without anyone taking notice.
''I was excited by Zara initially but I've only bought one thing from there and not a single thing from Topshop,'' Eva Timbs, a personal shopper who regularly visits the stores as part of her work, said.
''The selection is not the same. It feels like cheap stuff from China and the stores miss the mark. Overseas, even though they are chain stores, they feel luxurious and are beautifully merchandised. Gap is the worst, it looks like a seconds store.''
Experts agree there is a high street hoax going on.
''Some of these international brands have massive and distorted halos,'' Stephen Kulmar, a retail strategist with Retail Oasis in Sydney, said.
''Zara and H&M don't spend a lot on fit-out, although they do secure the best and most dominant site to make flagship statements. But, at the end of the day, it's about end-to-end experience and product.
''In Australia, Zara has been slow and expensive, and won't get real until H&M are here to keep them honest and current.''
Yet, shoppers cannot count on those mouth-watering pieces they spied in Manhattan making their way here - the Zara collection for Australia is designed specifically to the southern hemisphere. But competition is the key.
''The more overseas competition the better,'' Mr Kulmar said. ''This will ultimately result in higher standards of retail execution and, therefore, a better consumer experience.''
Still, Sydney's retail scene has been reinvigorated with the arrival of the coveted global fashion brands. And there's more to come in the form of Japan's Uniqlo (also in 2014) and US surf brand Hollister (opening stores in Sydney and Melbourne mid-year), with rumours that America's J.Crew (Michelle Obama's favourite), Banana Republic and beauty giant Sephora plan to set up shop Down Under.
I had a breif look at Zara yesterday and was not impressed mind you I am not skinny enough for most items I wanted to buy a black wool jumper the quality of the ones I looked at was poor.post #28926 of 634633/30/13 at 3:37pmpost #28927 of 634633/30/13 at 3:50pmpost #28928 of 634633/30/13 at 4:49pmpost #28929 of 634633/30/13 at 5:24pmpost #28930 of 634633/30/13 at 6:13pmpost #28931 of 634633/30/13 at 9:07pmpost #28932 of 634633/30/13 at 11:12pmpost #28933 of 634633/30/13 at 11:35pmQuote:
2) Do you mean, so you can do it yourself?
Here's a "do it yourself" guide: http://www.wikihow.com/Hem-a-Pair-of-Pants-With-Cuffs
There may well be a YouTube guide, too, so it could be worth doing a YouTube search, too.post #28934 of 634633/31/13 at 12:00am
- Australian Members
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Currently, there are 1246 Active Users (270 Members and 976 Guests)
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 5 minutes ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 9 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 10 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 10 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 11 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 12 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 13 minutes ago
- › The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions 14 minutes ago
- › Several BELVEST Sport Coats and Suits, Size 40-42R, Many BRAND NEW 15 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 15 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...