Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?
Last edited: 2/8/16
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89Last edited: 1/29/16
- What Should I Wear for the Holidays?Last edited: 12/20/15
- How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200Last edited: 11/24/15
- Deals of the Week: October 5th, 2015Last edited: 10/6/15
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1929post #28921 of 679463/30/13 at 4:45am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28922 of 679463/30/13 at 5:12ampost #28923 of 679463/30/13 at 5:13ampost #28924 of 679463/30/13 at 2:36pmQuote:
Easy - just buy a pair of Meermin's or a pair of Herring's Knightbridge shoes (based off loake 1880)
- use AH10 code for 10% offQuote:
not a shit load but keen to get some Saphir Renovator cream if you do a order and dark brown shoe polish
cheerspost #28925 of 679463/30/13 at 3:37pmFrom SMH 31/3
Hyped chains accused of dumping stock Down Under
March 31, 2013
255 reading nowRead later
Australian shoppers are getting tricked into buying inferior stock from big-name British and US brands, say retail experts.
H&M's arrival next year will complete what some have dubbed a ''golden triangle'' in Sydney that includes Zara and Topshop, but not everyone is buying into the hype.
Many shoppers bemoan the fact Australia appears to be a dumping ground for these big international brands - a place to shift out of season or unwanted stock without anyone taking notice.
''I was excited by Zara initially but I've only bought one thing from there and not a single thing from Topshop,'' Eva Timbs, a personal shopper who regularly visits the stores as part of her work, said.
''The selection is not the same. It feels like cheap stuff from China and the stores miss the mark. Overseas, even though they are chain stores, they feel luxurious and are beautifully merchandised. Gap is the worst, it looks like a seconds store.''
Experts agree there is a high street hoax going on.
''Some of these international brands have massive and distorted halos,'' Stephen Kulmar, a retail strategist with Retail Oasis in Sydney, said.
''Zara and H&M don't spend a lot on fit-out, although they do secure the best and most dominant site to make flagship statements. But, at the end of the day, it's about end-to-end experience and product.
''In Australia, Zara has been slow and expensive, and won't get real until H&M are here to keep them honest and current.''
Yet, shoppers cannot count on those mouth-watering pieces they spied in Manhattan making their way here - the Zara collection for Australia is designed specifically to the southern hemisphere. But competition is the key.
''The more overseas competition the better,'' Mr Kulmar said. ''This will ultimately result in higher standards of retail execution and, therefore, a better consumer experience.''
Still, Sydney's retail scene has been reinvigorated with the arrival of the coveted global fashion brands. And there's more to come in the form of Japan's Uniqlo (also in 2014) and US surf brand Hollister (opening stores in Sydney and Melbourne mid-year), with rumours that America's J.Crew (Michelle Obama's favourite), Banana Republic and beauty giant Sephora plan to set up shop Down Under.
I had a breif look at Zara yesterday and was not impressed mind you I am not skinny enough for most items I wanted to buy a black wool jumper the quality of the ones I looked at was poor.post #28926 of 679463/30/13 at 3:37pmpost #28927 of 679463/30/13 at 3:50pmpost #28928 of 679463/30/13 at 4:49pmpost #28929 of 679463/30/13 at 5:24pmpost #28930 of 679463/30/13 at 6:13pmSaw a bunch of suits for sale yesterday branded "heir apparent" possibly part of Rembrandt?
Does anyone know if these are any good? They were pretty cheap and at a quick glance didn't look all that nice, lots of funky patterns and colours thought.post #28931 of 679463/30/13 at 9:07pmpost #28932 of 679463/30/13 at 11:12pmpost #28933 of 679463/30/13 at 11:35pmQuote:
2) Do you mean, so you can do it yourself?
Here's a "do it yourself" guide: http://www.wikihow.com/Hem-a-Pair-of-Pants-With-Cuffs
There may well be a YouTube guide, too, so it could be worth doing a YouTube search, too.post #28934 of 679463/31/13 at 12:00am
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Erik's picks: streetstyle from Pitti Uomo 89
Currently, there are 1610 Active Users (376 Members and 1234 Guests)
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 11 seconds ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 27 seconds ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 31 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 1 minute ago
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 2 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 3 minutes ago
- › Classic Menswear Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?