Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1923post #28831 of 645243/26/13 at 9:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28832 of 645243/26/13 at 9:37pmDozens of retailers are being kicked out of their shops in the historic GPO building to make room for a major international retailer.
The owner of the $81 million GPO centre, the Industry Superannuation Property Trust, confirmed on Wednesday that the "majority" of retailers in the centre would be asked to move out over the next six months. However, ISPT chief executive Daryl Browning would not confirm who would be moving into the building, which has been plagued with vacancy and foot traffic problems since it opened in 2004.
"It will continue to be in retail use. That's all I can say," Mr Browning said.
Industry sources told Fairfax Media that the prized new tenant was most likely technology giant, Apple. However, there is also speculation it could be Swedish fashion chain H&M or US retailer Abercrombie & Fitch. H&M announced last week it would open its first Australian shop next year.
"There are three large-space international retailers currently looking for quality space in Melbourne – Apple, H&M and Abercrombie and Fitch," one source said. "If I were a betting person, I would say it's probably Apple."
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/gpo-shops-booted-for-mystery-tenant-20130327-2gty2.html#ixzz2OiBgofEt
I really like the GPO space. Lovely place to amble around. Will be sad when they change it. But, that's life.post #28833 of 645243/26/13 at 9:47pm
I too like the longer collar points. Manton and Foo prefer BDs with wider spread and more tie space, but somehow, I still prefer this version from Charles.
Think the longer collar points might have something to do with it. I could get Charles to widen the spread, and he'd do it easily enough, but I'm not sure I really want to.post #28834 of 645243/26/13 at 9:48pmpost #28835 of 645243/26/13 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
I know what you mean AussieJake...a taper in the leg can make a difference. I am not exactly a skinny guy but find with jeans esp. the look better with a taper (esp. if you wear with little or no break). I have had some jeans tapered only (ie no other alterations) and do not remember it costing too much.
Might be worth calling or popping in to see what they would charge.
Slight taper, but not ankle-wrapping. I did the same for my jeans:post #28836 of 645243/26/13 at 10:09pmpost #28837 of 645243/26/13 at 10:22pmpost #28838 of 645243/26/13 at 10:41pmQuote:Thanks Geoff. I've made some enquiries about possible MTO... I'll let you all know how it goes. Basically I'd like to see if RMW can make me a boot up to the spec of an English bad weather boot, as I'd prefer to buy from home where it's an option.
I have a pair of Craftsmen which have been around the world and are fine in a rain shower but they are getting on in age and water is starting to seep in when walking through puddles or heavy rain as I am wont to do sometimes.post #28839 of 645243/26/13 at 10:45pmpost #28840 of 645243/26/13 at 11:03pm
+1 boys, good style.
btw GF is going to bu me a pair of loafers, Suede penny loafers or brown leather tassel from herring shoes? i just want the most versatile pair that i can wear with jeans/Chino's or shorts.
plans for easter long weekend guys?post #28841 of 645243/26/13 at 11:05pmQuote:
One option is Nialma, who have an owner in Melbourne who can come and meet with you, select fabrics and fit you up. They have Thomas Mason Silverline, 4x shirts @ $120 per.Quote:
Small feet as well (size ~8-9). My ankles are stick thin, so nothing really fits them well OTR.
Will try and get some photos up soon.post #28842 of 645243/26/13 at 11:40pm
Relatives, gardening, the Canberra tourist tour, AWM, NMA, NGA, NLA and Bruce staidum or as H G Nelson said "a weekend when too much sport is not enough" oh and did i forget Red wine i have a couple of nice reds to savourpost #28843 of 645243/26/13 at 11:40pmQuote:
Penny would be more versatile than tassels. Whether you go suede or brown leather there is a good case for both. Brown suede loafers are one of the few things missing from my wardrobe (not that there are not plenty of other things I would like to add or upgrade too).
Oh and heading the Mornington Peninsula for the Easter weekend. Cannot wait.post #28844 of 645243/26/13 at 11:57pmguys,
I've just received delivery of a BNIB Carmina Chelsea boot in Black with rubber sole 8UK Simpson last. I bought this off Skoatibolaget. Below is the link to the boots (and pictures)
I love the boot unfortunately it is a bit big on me (thought Simpson last was slim but not as slim). Shipping it back to Sweden will cost me a fortune so I am thinking if anyone local (Australia) is interested I can sell it for $450 shipped. Please PM me if you are interested
Thankspost #28845 of 645243/26/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
50% off at all stores but unfortunately for me they only had my size (8) in black.
Yesterday I emailed one of the C&J retailers in London and asked whether they were prepared to post a pair. They were happy to but I baulked at the price: £283.33 + £45 postage .
I've since ordered this pair from Carmina's web store: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640242
- Australian Members
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › Official Sales Alert thread 12 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 26 seconds ago
- › Epaulet Nori Green Walt Size 32 49 seconds ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › Apolis | Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 4 minutes ago
- › Exquisite Trimmings - Based in London, UK - Official Affiliate Thread 6 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD (Guidi, CCP,... 6 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 7 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015