Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1923post #28831 of 525363/26/13 at 9:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28832 of 525363/26/13 at 9:37pmDozens of retailers are being kicked out of their shops in the historic GPO building to make room for a major international retailer.
The owner of the $81 million GPO centre, the Industry Superannuation Property Trust, confirmed on Wednesday that the "majority" of retailers in the centre would be asked to move out over the next six months. However, ISPT chief executive Daryl Browning would not confirm who would be moving into the building, which has been plagued with vacancy and foot traffic problems since it opened in 2004.
"It will continue to be in retail use. That's all I can say," Mr Browning said.
Industry sources told Fairfax Media that the prized new tenant was most likely technology giant, Apple. However, there is also speculation it could be Swedish fashion chain H&M or US retailer Abercrombie & Fitch. H&M announced last week it would open its first Australian shop next year.
"There are three large-space international retailers currently looking for quality space in Melbourne – Apple, H&M and Abercrombie and Fitch," one source said. "If I were a betting person, I would say it's probably Apple."
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/gpo-shops-booted-for-mystery-tenant-20130327-2gty2.html#ixzz2OiBgofEt
I really like the GPO space. Lovely place to amble around. Will be sad when they change it. But, that's life.post #28833 of 525363/26/13 at 9:47pm
I too like the longer collar points. Manton and Foo prefer BDs with wider spread and more tie space, but somehow, I still prefer this version from Charles.
Think the longer collar points might have something to do with it. I could get Charles to widen the spread, and he'd do it easily enough, but I'm not sure I really want to.post #28834 of 525363/26/13 at 9:48pmpost #28835 of 525363/26/13 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
I know what you mean AussieJake...a taper in the leg can make a difference. I am not exactly a skinny guy but find with jeans esp. the look better with a taper (esp. if you wear with little or no break). I have had some jeans tapered only (ie no other alterations) and do not remember it costing too much.
Might be worth calling or popping in to see what they would charge.
Slight taper, but not ankle-wrapping. I did the same for my jeans:post #28836 of 525363/26/13 at 10:09pmpost #28837 of 525363/26/13 at 10:22pmpost #28838 of 525363/26/13 at 10:41pmQuote:Thanks Geoff. I've made some enquiries about possible MTO... I'll let you all know how it goes. Basically I'd like to see if RMW can make me a boot up to the spec of an English bad weather boot, as I'd prefer to buy from home where it's an option.
I have a pair of Craftsmen which have been around the world and are fine in a rain shower but they are getting on in age and water is starting to seep in when walking through puddles or heavy rain as I am wont to do sometimes.post #28839 of 525363/26/13 at 10:45pmpost #28840 of 525363/26/13 at 11:03pm
+1 boys, good style.
btw GF is going to bu me a pair of loafers, Suede penny loafers or brown leather tassel from herring shoes? i just want the most versatile pair that i can wear with jeans/Chino's or shorts.
plans for easter long weekend guys?post #28841 of 525363/26/13 at 11:05pmQuote:
One option is Nialma, who have an owner in Melbourne who can come and meet with you, select fabrics and fit you up. They have Thomas Mason Silverline, 4x shirts @ $120 per.Quote:
Small feet as well (size ~8-9). My ankles are stick thin, so nothing really fits them well OTR.
Will try and get some photos up soon.post #28842 of 525363/26/13 at 11:40pm
Relatives, gardening, the Canberra tourist tour, AWM, NMA, NGA, NLA and Bruce staidum or as H G Nelson said "a weekend when too much sport is not enough" oh and did i forget Red wine i have a couple of nice reds to savourpost #28843 of 525363/26/13 at 11:40pmQuote:
Penny would be more versatile than tassels. Whether you go suede or brown leather there is a good case for both. Brown suede loafers are one of the few things missing from my wardrobe (not that there are not plenty of other things I would like to add or upgrade too).
Oh and heading the Mornington Peninsula for the Easter weekend. Cannot wait.post #28844 of 525363/26/13 at 11:57pmguys,
I've just received delivery of a BNIB Carmina Chelsea boot in Black with rubber sole 8UK Simpson last. I bought this off Skoatibolaget. Below is the link to the boots (and pictures)
I love the boot unfortunately it is a bit big on me (thought Simpson last was slim but not as slim). Shipping it back to Sweden will cost me a fortune so I am thinking if anyone local (Australia) is interested I can sell it for $450 shipped. Please PM me if you are interested
Thankspost #28845 of 525363/26/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
50% off at all stores but unfortunately for me they only had my size (8) in black.
Yesterday I emailed one of the C&J retailers in London and asked whether they were prepared to post a pair. They were happy to but I baulked at the price: £283.33 + £45 postage .
I've since ordered this pair from Carmina's web store: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640242
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Things you just don't get 45 seconds ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › ***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)*** 1 minute ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Gustin - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 4 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)