Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 3/3/15 at 7:09am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate It
Last edited: 5/7/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1923post #28831 of 623053/26/13 at 9:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28832 of 623053/26/13 at 9:37pmDozens of retailers are being kicked out of their shops in the historic GPO building to make room for a major international retailer.
The owner of the $81 million GPO centre, the Industry Superannuation Property Trust, confirmed on Wednesday that the "majority" of retailers in the centre would be asked to move out over the next six months. However, ISPT chief executive Daryl Browning would not confirm who would be moving into the building, which has been plagued with vacancy and foot traffic problems since it opened in 2004.
"It will continue to be in retail use. That's all I can say," Mr Browning said.
Industry sources told Fairfax Media that the prized new tenant was most likely technology giant, Apple. However, there is also speculation it could be Swedish fashion chain H&M or US retailer Abercrombie & Fitch. H&M announced last week it would open its first Australian shop next year.
"There are three large-space international retailers currently looking for quality space in Melbourne – Apple, H&M and Abercrombie and Fitch," one source said. "If I were a betting person, I would say it's probably Apple."
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/gpo-shops-booted-for-mystery-tenant-20130327-2gty2.html#ixzz2OiBgofEt
I really like the GPO space. Lovely place to amble around. Will be sad when they change it. But, that's life.post #28833 of 623053/26/13 at 9:47pm
I too like the longer collar points. Manton and Foo prefer BDs with wider spread and more tie space, but somehow, I still prefer this version from Charles.
Think the longer collar points might have something to do with it. I could get Charles to widen the spread, and he'd do it easily enough, but I'm not sure I really want to.post #28834 of 623053/26/13 at 9:48pmpost #28835 of 623053/26/13 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
I know what you mean AussieJake...a taper in the leg can make a difference. I am not exactly a skinny guy but find with jeans esp. the look better with a taper (esp. if you wear with little or no break). I have had some jeans tapered only (ie no other alterations) and do not remember it costing too much.
Might be worth calling or popping in to see what they would charge.
Slight taper, but not ankle-wrapping. I did the same for my jeans:post #28836 of 623053/26/13 at 10:09pmpost #28837 of 623053/26/13 at 10:22pmpost #28838 of 623053/26/13 at 10:41pmQuote:Thanks Geoff. I've made some enquiries about possible MTO... I'll let you all know how it goes. Basically I'd like to see if RMW can make me a boot up to the spec of an English bad weather boot, as I'd prefer to buy from home where it's an option.
I have a pair of Craftsmen which have been around the world and are fine in a rain shower but they are getting on in age and water is starting to seep in when walking through puddles or heavy rain as I am wont to do sometimes.post #28839 of 623053/26/13 at 10:45pmpost #28840 of 623053/26/13 at 11:03pm
+1 boys, good style.
btw GF is going to bu me a pair of loafers, Suede penny loafers or brown leather tassel from herring shoes? i just want the most versatile pair that i can wear with jeans/Chino's or shorts.
plans for easter long weekend guys?post #28841 of 623053/26/13 at 11:05pmQuote:
One option is Nialma, who have an owner in Melbourne who can come and meet with you, select fabrics and fit you up. They have Thomas Mason Silverline, 4x shirts @ $120 per.Quote:
Small feet as well (size ~8-9). My ankles are stick thin, so nothing really fits them well OTR.
Will try and get some photos up soon.post #28842 of 623053/26/13 at 11:40pm
Relatives, gardening, the Canberra tourist tour, AWM, NMA, NGA, NLA and Bruce staidum or as H G Nelson said "a weekend when too much sport is not enough" oh and did i forget Red wine i have a couple of nice reds to savourpost #28843 of 623053/26/13 at 11:40pmQuote:
Penny would be more versatile than tassels. Whether you go suede or brown leather there is a good case for both. Brown suede loafers are one of the few things missing from my wardrobe (not that there are not plenty of other things I would like to add or upgrade too).
Oh and heading the Mornington Peninsula for the Easter weekend. Cannot wait.post #28844 of 623053/26/13 at 11:57pmguys,
I've just received delivery of a BNIB Carmina Chelsea boot in Black with rubber sole 8UK Simpson last. I bought this off Skoatibolaget. Below is the link to the boots (and pictures)
I love the boot unfortunately it is a bit big on me (thought Simpson last was slim but not as slim). Shipping it back to Sweden will cost me a fortune so I am thinking if anyone local (Australia) is interested I can sell it for $450 shipped. Please PM me if you are interested
Thankspost #28845 of 623053/26/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
50% off at all stores but unfortunately for me they only had my size (8) in black.
Yesterday I emailed one of the C&J retailers in London and asked whether they were prepared to post a pair. They were happy to but I baulked at the price: £283.33 + £45 postage .
I've since ordered this pair from Carmina's web store: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640242
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 19 seconds ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 1 minute ago
- › Quoddy Brown Oxfords Sz 11 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 3 minutes ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 7 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 10 minutes ago
- › Vanson/Styleforum/Thurston Bros slim fit Japanese double rider MTO 11 minutes ago
- › The Allen Edmonds MTO Thread 14 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 15 minutes ago
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Who Won Styleforum's First Ever Gallery...
- › Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I...
- › The Styleforum Brief: May 2015
- › How to Wear a Blazer and Jeans this Spring...
- › 6 Hats for Spring and Summer
- › Bourbon Season: Three Cocktails For Spring
- › The Styleforum Brief April 2015
- › Styleforum's First Ever Gallery Contest!...
- › Small on Space, Big on Heart: Four of...
- › How to Buy Direct from Japan