Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1923post #28831 of 579333/26/13 at 9:26pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28832 of 579333/26/13 at 9:37pmDozens of retailers are being kicked out of their shops in the historic GPO building to make room for a major international retailer.
The owner of the $81 million GPO centre, the Industry Superannuation Property Trust, confirmed on Wednesday that the "majority" of retailers in the centre would be asked to move out over the next six months. However, ISPT chief executive Daryl Browning would not confirm who would be moving into the building, which has been plagued with vacancy and foot traffic problems since it opened in 2004.
"It will continue to be in retail use. That's all I can say," Mr Browning said.
Industry sources told Fairfax Media that the prized new tenant was most likely technology giant, Apple. However, there is also speculation it could be Swedish fashion chain H&M or US retailer Abercrombie & Fitch. H&M announced last week it would open its first Australian shop next year.
"There are three large-space international retailers currently looking for quality space in Melbourne – Apple, H&M and Abercrombie and Fitch," one source said. "If I were a betting person, I would say it's probably Apple."
Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/gpo-shops-booted-for-mystery-tenant-20130327-2gty2.html#ixzz2OiBgofEt
I really like the GPO space. Lovely place to amble around. Will be sad when they change it. But, that's life.post #28833 of 579333/26/13 at 9:47pm
I too like the longer collar points. Manton and Foo prefer BDs with wider spread and more tie space, but somehow, I still prefer this version from Charles.
Think the longer collar points might have something to do with it. I could get Charles to widen the spread, and he'd do it easily enough, but I'm not sure I really want to.post #28834 of 579333/26/13 at 9:48pmpost #28835 of 579333/26/13 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pink Socks
I know what you mean AussieJake...a taper in the leg can make a difference. I am not exactly a skinny guy but find with jeans esp. the look better with a taper (esp. if you wear with little or no break). I have had some jeans tapered only (ie no other alterations) and do not remember it costing too much.
Might be worth calling or popping in to see what they would charge.
Slight taper, but not ankle-wrapping. I did the same for my jeans:post #28836 of 579333/26/13 at 10:09pmpost #28837 of 579333/26/13 at 10:22pmpost #28838 of 579333/26/13 at 10:41pmQuote:Thanks Geoff. I've made some enquiries about possible MTO... I'll let you all know how it goes. Basically I'd like to see if RMW can make me a boot up to the spec of an English bad weather boot, as I'd prefer to buy from home where it's an option.
I have a pair of Craftsmen which have been around the world and are fine in a rain shower but they are getting on in age and water is starting to seep in when walking through puddles or heavy rain as I am wont to do sometimes.post #28839 of 579333/26/13 at 10:45pmpost #28840 of 579333/26/13 at 11:03pm
+1 boys, good style.
btw GF is going to bu me a pair of loafers, Suede penny loafers or brown leather tassel from herring shoes? i just want the most versatile pair that i can wear with jeans/Chino's or shorts.
plans for easter long weekend guys?post #28841 of 579333/26/13 at 11:05pmQuote:
One option is Nialma, who have an owner in Melbourne who can come and meet with you, select fabrics and fit you up. They have Thomas Mason Silverline, 4x shirts @ $120 per.Quote:
Small feet as well (size ~8-9). My ankles are stick thin, so nothing really fits them well OTR.
Will try and get some photos up soon.post #28842 of 579333/26/13 at 11:40pm
Relatives, gardening, the Canberra tourist tour, AWM, NMA, NGA, NLA and Bruce staidum or as H G Nelson said "a weekend when too much sport is not enough" oh and did i forget Red wine i have a couple of nice reds to savourpost #28843 of 579333/26/13 at 11:40pmQuote:
Penny would be more versatile than tassels. Whether you go suede or brown leather there is a good case for both. Brown suede loafers are one of the few things missing from my wardrobe (not that there are not plenty of other things I would like to add or upgrade too).
Oh and heading the Mornington Peninsula for the Easter weekend. Cannot wait.post #28844 of 579333/26/13 at 11:57pmguys,
I've just received delivery of a BNIB Carmina Chelsea boot in Black with rubber sole 8UK Simpson last. I bought this off Skoatibolaget. Below is the link to the boots (and pictures)
I love the boot unfortunately it is a bit big on me (thought Simpson last was slim but not as slim). Shipping it back to Sweden will cost me a fortune so I am thinking if anyone local (Australia) is interested I can sell it for $450 shipped. Please PM me if you are interested
Thankspost #28845 of 579333/26/13 at 11:58pmQuote:
50% off at all stores but unfortunately for me they only had my size (8) in black.
Yesterday I emailed one of the C&J retailers in London and asked whether they were prepared to post a pair. They were happy to but I baulked at the price: £283.33 + £45 postage .
I've since ordered this pair from Carmina's web store: http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640242
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Levis Selvedge Denim 21 seconds ago
- › things that are making you happy 40 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 53 seconds ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 2 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Styleforum 2014 Holiday Charity Auctions - 100% of proceeds go to... 5 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 5 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 6 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...