Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Choosing Men's Designer Suits
Last edited: 11/8/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1919post #28771 of 552103/25/13 at 6:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28772 of 552103/25/13 at 6:20pmpost #28773 of 552103/25/13 at 6:50pmQuote:
?? North of say Double Island Point you get no nearshore waves. Otherwise you're looking at a trip to the outer reef which is fickle, hard to organise and not really beginner suitable. Don't worry about the wildlife, you're in far more danger driving there especially given it will be on the reverse side of the road. South African Sharks are worse for the record.
Fwiw, Aug tends to be pretty average (QLD, N NSW) or Cold (everywhere else) for surfing (well N WA but that's not realistic here)... The latter is somewhat out of the way tho.
On non-surfing related stuff I'll echo everyone's comments on the size we have roughly the same landmass as the (whole) USA. I think you really need to focus on exactly what you want to achieve (see / do) in the time and then work out what is most geographically compatible.
Fwiw its hard to give exact suggestion given the age of your children, at that age I really didn't want to do the normal tourist things so it will really depend on interests ect.post #28774 of 552103/25/13 at 7:05pmpost #28775 of 552103/25/13 at 7:42pmpost #28776 of 552103/25/13 at 8:46pmpost #28777 of 552103/25/13 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebrownman
Just a shout out that pinksocks and Gerry will happily attest to - if you're looking at chukkas, also consider Christian Kimber as a local option. If you're not in Melbourne to try a pair on then at least you won't be stung by international return postage fees if they don't fit as you'd hoped. Regardless, they're lovely looking shoes and both pinksocks and Gerry wear them especially well.
1) I can vouch for this. I'm very happy with my pair of Kimber boots
2) TBM, your cheque is in the mail ...post #28778 of 552103/25/13 at 8:57pmpost #28779 of 552103/25/13 at 9:05pmpost #28780 of 552103/25/13 at 9:32pmpost #28781 of 552103/25/13 at 9:34pmpost #28782 of 552103/25/13 at 9:41pmpost #28783 of 552103/25/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Concur with 1) and Mr Nice Guy can you shout me this time regarding 2).
Seriously, thanks for the compliment TBM.
Very happy with my Kimber boots - a great local choice.
In terms of colour, my first pair of chukka boots were brown suede and they go well with many outfits, so if you are looking for something versatile get those.
Aside from Kimber, C&J have 3 nice models (which I have discussed in detail before), Carmina have a lovely style and others here have Loake and Herring ones that look great.
The bottom line is a chukka boot is a very useful shoe and worth getting. Who knows, maybe you too could look as good as Gerry and me (that first part is the real challenge, I am sure you outdress me already Oli, esp with your large collection of Henry Carter ties).post #28784 of 552103/25/13 at 9:58pmpost #28785 of 552103/25/13 at 10:35pm
- Australian Members
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Currently, there are 1146 Active Users (250 Members and 896 Guests)
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 1 minute ago
- › Anyone ever hear of Cobbler Union? 1 minute ago
- › Shoe Damage Report & Shoe P0rn Central - Part II 2 minutes ago
- › Filson Bag Thread: With Pictures 2 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › 2014-2015 OFFICIAL FOOTY THREAD (+ Brazil 2014) - Football, Soccer,... 12 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 14 minutes ago
- › New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups 14 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 19 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...