Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
Last edited: 8/10/15
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather ClothLast edited: 8/10/15
- The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s Moral and Sartorial...Last edited: 8/10/15
- David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1919post #28771 of 645953/25/13 at 6:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28772 of 645953/25/13 at 6:20pmpost #28773 of 645953/25/13 at 6:50pmQuote:
?? North of say Double Island Point you get no nearshore waves. Otherwise you're looking at a trip to the outer reef which is fickle, hard to organise and not really beginner suitable. Don't worry about the wildlife, you're in far more danger driving there especially given it will be on the reverse side of the road. South African Sharks are worse for the record.
Fwiw, Aug tends to be pretty average (QLD, N NSW) or Cold (everywhere else) for surfing (well N WA but that's not realistic here)... The latter is somewhat out of the way tho.
On non-surfing related stuff I'll echo everyone's comments on the size we have roughly the same landmass as the (whole) USA. I think you really need to focus on exactly what you want to achieve (see / do) in the time and then work out what is most geographically compatible.
Fwiw its hard to give exact suggestion given the age of your children, at that age I really didn't want to do the normal tourist things so it will really depend on interests ect.post #28774 of 645953/25/13 at 7:05pmpost #28775 of 645953/25/13 at 7:42pmpost #28776 of 645953/25/13 at 8:46pmpost #28777 of 645953/25/13 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebrownman
Just a shout out that pinksocks and Gerry will happily attest to - if you're looking at chukkas, also consider Christian Kimber as a local option. If you're not in Melbourne to try a pair on then at least you won't be stung by international return postage fees if they don't fit as you'd hoped. Regardless, they're lovely looking shoes and both pinksocks and Gerry wear them especially well.
1) I can vouch for this. I'm very happy with my pair of Kimber boots
2) TBM, your cheque is in the mail ...post #28778 of 645953/25/13 at 8:57pmpost #28779 of 645953/25/13 at 9:05pmpost #28780 of 645953/25/13 at 9:32pmpost #28781 of 645953/25/13 at 9:34pmpost #28782 of 645953/25/13 at 9:41pmpost #28783 of 645953/25/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Concur with 1) and Mr Nice Guy can you shout me this time regarding 2).
Seriously, thanks for the compliment TBM.
Very happy with my Kimber boots - a great local choice.
In terms of colour, my first pair of chukka boots were brown suede and they go well with many outfits, so if you are looking for something versatile get those.
Aside from Kimber, C&J have 3 nice models (which I have discussed in detail before), Carmina have a lovely style and others here have Loake and Herring ones that look great.
The bottom line is a chukka boot is a very useful shoe and worth getting. Who knows, maybe you too could look as good as Gerry and me (that first part is the real challenge, I am sure you outdress me already Oli, esp with your large collection of Henry Carter ties).post #28784 of 645953/25/13 at 9:58pmpost #28785 of 645953/25/13 at 10:35pm
- Australian Members
Styleforum Top Picks
- Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
Currently, there are 1467 Active Users (271 Members and 1196 Guests)
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 39 seconds ago
- › Talking stocks, trading, and investing in general 1 minute ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 1 minute ago
- › Loro Piana Roadster & Luciano Barbara Cashmere Sweaters 1 minute ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Things you just don't get 4 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...
- › Three Gin Cocktails for Summertime
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015