Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1919post #28771 of 640963/25/13 at 6:15pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28772 of 640963/25/13 at 6:20pmpost #28773 of 640963/25/13 at 6:50pmQuote:
?? North of say Double Island Point you get no nearshore waves. Otherwise you're looking at a trip to the outer reef which is fickle, hard to organise and not really beginner suitable. Don't worry about the wildlife, you're in far more danger driving there especially given it will be on the reverse side of the road. South African Sharks are worse for the record.
Fwiw, Aug tends to be pretty average (QLD, N NSW) or Cold (everywhere else) for surfing (well N WA but that's not realistic here)... The latter is somewhat out of the way tho.
On non-surfing related stuff I'll echo everyone's comments on the size we have roughly the same landmass as the (whole) USA. I think you really need to focus on exactly what you want to achieve (see / do) in the time and then work out what is most geographically compatible.
Fwiw its hard to give exact suggestion given the age of your children, at that age I really didn't want to do the normal tourist things so it will really depend on interests ect.post #28774 of 640963/25/13 at 7:05pmpost #28775 of 640963/25/13 at 7:42pmpost #28776 of 640963/25/13 at 8:46pmpost #28777 of 640963/25/13 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebrownman
Just a shout out that pinksocks and Gerry will happily attest to - if you're looking at chukkas, also consider Christian Kimber as a local option. If you're not in Melbourne to try a pair on then at least you won't be stung by international return postage fees if they don't fit as you'd hoped. Regardless, they're lovely looking shoes and both pinksocks and Gerry wear them especially well.
1) I can vouch for this. I'm very happy with my pair of Kimber boots
2) TBM, your cheque is in the mail ...post #28778 of 640963/25/13 at 8:57pmpost #28779 of 640963/25/13 at 9:05pmpost #28780 of 640963/25/13 at 9:32pmpost #28781 of 640963/25/13 at 9:34pmpost #28782 of 640963/25/13 at 9:41pmpost #28783 of 640963/25/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Concur with 1) and Mr Nice Guy can you shout me this time regarding 2).
Seriously, thanks for the compliment TBM.
Very happy with my Kimber boots - a great local choice.
In terms of colour, my first pair of chukka boots were brown suede and they go well with many outfits, so if you are looking for something versatile get those.
Aside from Kimber, C&J have 3 nice models (which I have discussed in detail before), Carmina have a lovely style and others here have Loake and Herring ones that look great.
The bottom line is a chukka boot is a very useful shoe and worth getting. Who knows, maybe you too could look as good as Gerry and me (that first part is the real challenge, I am sure you outdress me already Oli, esp with your large collection of Henry Carter ties).post #28784 of 640963/25/13 at 9:58pmpost #28785 of 640963/25/13 at 10:35pm
- Australian Members
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
Currently, there are 1596 Active Users (318 Members and 1278 Guests)
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 52 seconds ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 1 minute ago
- › The Teacher Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Paris restaurants 3 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 7 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Common Projects F/W '13-'14 Thread 9 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 10 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...