Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 4/17/16 at 9:19am in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for Under $800
Last edited: 4/26/16
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any WeddingLast edited: 4/25/16
- What shade of grey should my wedding suit be?Last edited: 3/24/16
- Where can I buy an affordable suit for my wedding?Last edited: 3/24/16
- What shirt should I wear with a single button peak lapel dinner...Last edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Australian Members - Page 1919post #28771 of 679463/25/13 at 6:15pmpost #28772 of 679463/25/13 at 6:20pmpost #28773 of 679463/25/13 at 6:50pmQuote:
?? North of say Double Island Point you get no nearshore waves. Otherwise you're looking at a trip to the outer reef which is fickle, hard to organise and not really beginner suitable. Don't worry about the wildlife, you're in far more danger driving there especially given it will be on the reverse side of the road. South African Sharks are worse for the record.
Fwiw, Aug tends to be pretty average (QLD, N NSW) or Cold (everywhere else) for surfing (well N WA but that's not realistic here)... The latter is somewhat out of the way tho.
On non-surfing related stuff I'll echo everyone's comments on the size we have roughly the same landmass as the (whole) USA. I think you really need to focus on exactly what you want to achieve (see / do) in the time and then work out what is most geographically compatible.
Fwiw its hard to give exact suggestion given the age of your children, at that age I really didn't want to do the normal tourist things so it will really depend on interests ect.post #28774 of 679463/25/13 at 7:05pmpost #28775 of 679463/25/13 at 7:42pmpost #28776 of 679463/25/13 at 8:46pmpost #28777 of 679463/25/13 at 8:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by thebrownman
Just a shout out that pinksocks and Gerry will happily attest to - if you're looking at chukkas, also consider Christian Kimber as a local option. If you're not in Melbourne to try a pair on then at least you won't be stung by international return postage fees if they don't fit as you'd hoped. Regardless, they're lovely looking shoes and both pinksocks and Gerry wear them especially well.
1) I can vouch for this. I'm very happy with my pair of Kimber boots
2) TBM, your cheque is in the mail ...post #28778 of 679463/25/13 at 8:57pmpost #28779 of 679463/25/13 at 9:05pmpost #28780 of 679463/25/13 at 9:32pmpost #28781 of 679463/25/13 at 9:34pmpost #28782 of 679463/25/13 at 9:41pmpost #28783 of 679463/25/13 at 9:52pmQuote:
Concur with 1) and Mr Nice Guy can you shout me this time regarding 2).
Seriously, thanks for the compliment TBM.
Very happy with my Kimber boots - a great local choice.
In terms of colour, my first pair of chukka boots were brown suede and they go well with many outfits, so if you are looking for something versatile get those.
Aside from Kimber, C&J have 3 nice models (which I have discussed in detail before), Carmina have a lovely style and others here have Loake and Herring ones that look great.
The bottom line is a chukka boot is a very useful shoe and worth getting. Who knows, maybe you too could look as good as Gerry and me (that first part is the real challenge, I am sure you outdress me already Oli, esp with your large collection of Henry Carter ties).post #28784 of 679463/25/13 at 9:58pmpost #28785 of 679463/25/13 at 10:35pm
This thread is locked
- Australian Members
- What to Wear to (Almost) Any Wedding
Currently, there are 1435 Active Users (301 Members and 1134 Guests)
- › John Elliott - official affiliate thread 40 seconds ago
- › Truman Boots 1 minute ago
- › Eidos Napoli 6 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 7 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice,... 12 minutes ago
- › new wallet at 200 or under 17 minutes ago
- › The official John Elliott B&S&T thread 17 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 19 minutes ago
- › The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › The Current Popular Menswear Pieces
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway