or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1913

post #28681 of 53375
Anyone know where I can get my hands on a nice cashmere tie locally? I'm thinking orange or grenadine.
post #28682 of 53375
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a nice cashmere tie locally? I'm thinking orange or grenadine.

HC has some knits coming http://www.styleforum.net/t/294012/henry-carter-neckwear-accessories-official-affiliate-thread/400_100#post_6214153
post #28683 of 53375
Cheers Lazy! have messaged HC and will grab one of two of those when they're stocked
post #28684 of 53375
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post

Cheers Lazy!
satisfied.gif

This may interest shorter gents, or might be good for Japanese denim?

Rakuten have $10 international shipping until the 28th:

http://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/97646
post #28685 of 53375
Does anyone have a Kent Wang rugby? Any comments? I need some casual l/s tops for autumn weekend wear, thinking about doing the MTM thing as I think the regular ones would be too short in the arms. Anyone done this?
post #28686 of 53375
Hahaha misspelling Lachy to Lazy through laziness. The irony
post #28687 of 53375
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post

Does anyone have a Kent Wang rugby? Any comments? I need some casual l/s tops for autumn weekend wear, thinking about doing the MTM thing as I think the regular ones would be too short in the arms. Anyone done this?

 

I've got 2 of their rugbys in size S - fits in the chest area perfectly (I'm a 36 in jackets), but the forearms are tight. Makes folding the sleeves very difficult. 

post #28688 of 53375
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabilmust View Post

 

I've got 2 of their rugbys in size S - fits in the chest area perfectly (I'm a 36 in jackets), but the forearms are tight. Makes folding the sleeves very difficult. 

+1 ive never had luck with Kent Wang - sizing and fabric inconsistent so i gave up

post #28689 of 53375
Yes I had a polo that was a full inch shorter than it should have been. They refunded me the money + shipping, though. I did love the fabric and collar. They have .75" measurement tolerance for the measurements on their website, which is a bit much IMO.

The cufflinks, pocket squares, tie and umbrella I have from them are all fantastic, though.
post #28690 of 53375
Thanks guys. I'm sort of in between a 36 and a 38 jacket, so I ordered a medium rugby, and will think about the MTM thing if the fit is signicantly off. If it all goes to hell I figure I can probably resell it on B&S and only take a small hit.

On a related note, does anyone have a tip (brands/styles) for this kind of casual/weekend wear for cooler weather? I'd like to wear an OBCD+knit or similar but what with all the baby puke, I don't always have time to iron, and also that can be a bit of a dull look imo. Uniqlo is my go-to for this kind of thing but nothing of theirs (at least nothing available on ebay) takes my fancy at the moment.
post #28691 of 53375
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobiasj View Post

Thanks guys. I'm sort of in between a 36 and a 38 jacket, so I ordered a medium rugby, and will think about the MTM thing if the fit is signicantly off. If it all goes to hell I figure I can probably resell it on B&S and only take a small hit.

On a related note, does anyone have a tip (brands/styles) for this kind of casual/weekend wear for cooler weather? I'd like to wear an OBCD+knit or similar but what with all the baby puke, I don't always have time to iron, and also that can be a bit of a dull look imo. Uniqlo is my go-to for this kind of thing but nothing of theirs (at least nothing available on ebay) takes my fancy at the moment.

Toby, I agree that Uniqlo makes good casual stuff and I often pick up some polo shirts and other casual stuff on trips to Japan.

However, most of my casual gear comes from Land's End, as they make very affordable ODBDs, polo shirts, chino shorts and so on that are excellent value for the prices charged. I've basically been living in Land's End gear on weekends now for the past couple of years.
post #28692 of 53375
A bit more expensive, but Gant Rugger makes nice stuff. I think their quality has slipped a bit recently. What used to be 100% wool will now be a wool/poly blend
post #28693 of 53375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

+1 ive never had luck with Kent Wang - sizing and fabric inconsistent so i gave up

 

I would pass on their white rugby. I mean, I have a lot of love for Kent, he's a pleasant man, but the fabric on that polo really looks cheap after one wash (regular machine wash, hung dry, hand ironed).

 

Caveat: it's not like I expected some fine combed cotton from the likes of Sunspel, but IMHO, it didn't match up to RL Blue Label, even.

 

The navy one is fine, save for the sleeves.

 

I figured I'd wear them while travelling, and under a sportscoat or a blazer.

post #28694 of 53375

Swung into the Chifley Plaza Herringbone store at lunch and was surprised to learn that the Crockett & Jones Poole loafers in brown and blue suede are currently 50% off. There was no sale tag on the shoes and they are still full price (albeit with the wrong photo) on http://shop.herringbone.com/

 

I almost bought a pair but I struggle with suede, it doesn't look smart enough to me.

post #28695 of 53375
Quote:
Originally Posted by appoooh View Post

Swung into the Chifley Plaza Herringbone store at lunch and was surprised to learn that the Crockett & Jones Poole loafers in brown and blue suede are currently 50% off. There was no sale tag on the shoes and they are still full price (albeit with the wrong photo) on http://shop.herringbone.com/

 

I almost bought a pair but I struggle with suede, it doesn't look smart enough to me.

i love suede

 

did u get blue or brown?

 

EDIT: oh you ALMOST bought... 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members