or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Australian Members - Page 1881

post #28201 of 48542
On wedding attire and changing shirts, my sis in law gets married in 3 weeks and I'm planning on doing exactly what FXH suggested with shirt change, but taking it a step further, mainly because while it's a local wedding we are staying at a hotel and my wife is in the party, so I'll need to have 2 suits for the baby spew patrol.

At this stage, afternoon will see a mid grey POW, light blue shirt, navy bowtie, silk PS and brown shoes and night time will see a white shirt, charcoal suit, black grenadine, black captoe's and a white PS. I'll have a few hours at the hotel to chill, shower and change in-between ceremony and reception luckily.
post #28202 of 48542
For outerwear, I get by with the following:

1) Tan mac for balmy to cool rainy days

2) Navy overcoat when it gets cold or cold and rainy

3) Navy windbreaker for casual wear on cool, but not cold days

4) Reversible (navy leather and tan suede) A-1 bomber jacket for casual wear on cold days

Weather never gets thaaaat cold in Sydney, so no flannel etc for me.
post #28203 of 48542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

so I'll need to have 2 suits for the baby spew patrol.

now this is where a gun flap on a trench comes in handy either that or a towel sown on to the shoulder
post #28204 of 48542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

On wedding attire and changing shirts, my sis in law gets married in 3 weeks and I'm planning on doing exactly what FXH suggested with shirt change, but taking it a step further, mainly because while it's a local wedding we are staying at a hotel and my wife is in the party, so I'll need to have 2 suits for the baby spew patrol.

At this stage, afternoon will see a mid grey POW, light blue shirt, navy bowtie, silk PS and brown shoes and night time will see a white shirt, charcoal suit, black grenadine, black captoe's and a white PS. I'll have a few hours at the hotel to chill, shower and change in-between ceremony and reception luckily.

Sounds perfectly appropriate, Jason.

Have a good time there!
post #28205 of 48542
Have seen them Romp, price was my key issue but then Aspesi is upwards of $500 AUD...
post #28206 of 48542
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownman View Post

Have seen them Romp, price was my key issue but then Aspesi is upwards of $500 AUD...

exactly - and id be prepared to pay 500 for aspesi .. not so much for suitsupply 

 

maybe $300ish

 

The cotton/linen and the summer coat at bottom had my interest

post #28207 of 48542

just saw herringbones AW13 lookbook .. not loving it :(

post #28208 of 48542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Carter View Post

On wedding attire and changing shirts, my sis in law gets married in 3 weeks and I'm planning on doing exactly what FXH suggested with shirt change, but taking it a step further, mainly because while it's a local wedding we are staying at a hotel and my wife is in the party, so I'll need to have 2 suits for the baby spew patrol.
At this stage, afternoon will see a mid grey POW, light blue shirt, navy bowtie, silk PS and brown shoes and night time will see a white shirt, charcoal suit, black grenadine, black captoe's and a white PS. I'll have a few hours at the hotel to chill, shower and change in-between ceremony and reception luckily.

I went through a stage for around 5 years with little kids where I'd be at work sniffing my shoulders all morning and swearing I could smell kid spew. Became a nervous tic and I would smell the smell on reflex even when it wasn't there.

Pro tip: Carry a large clean hankie and throw it over shoulder when you carry kid.

No charge for advice this time.
Consider it a combined wedding/kid birth present.
post #28209 of 48542
^^ Yeah, and my shoes always smell like blended whiskey.
post #28210 of 48542
Very off topic... anyone got any suggestions for an restaurant/bar with a function room in Melbourne for an after work function, with the following requirements:

- finger food/standard bev package for 2 hours or so
- ~$50 a head.
- 30-40 people
post #28211 of 48542
Why prepared to pay for Aspesi?
post #28212 of 48542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

just saw herringbones AW13 lookbook .. not loving it :(

The Circular Quay store has a mannequin dressed in a dark green jacket / pastel green trouser outfit. Looks very nice but not exactly a subtle look.

post #28213 of 48542

New. Rapt...

 

 

 

 

 

 

Cheaney Hudson (Espresso)

post #28214 of 48542
Quote:
Originally Posted by lachyzee View Post

Very off topic... anyone got any suggestions for an restaurant/bar with a function room in Melbourne for an after work function, with the following requirements:

- finger food/standard bev package for 2 hours or so
- ~$50 a head.
- 30-40 people

I've used this place before and was happy: http://www.thegalleyroom.com.au/

post #28215 of 48542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romp View Post

just saw herringbones AW13 lookbook .. not loving it frown.gif
Yeah had a quick squiz on the website and there new stuff. A nice dark green moleskin looking SC but otherwise not much. Ties still look awful and overpriced. Sadly I think there direction is moving away from what a lot of us like them for.

P.S collar gap galore on the campaign on the website
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Australian Members