Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- How does this grey suit brown shoe combo look? Last post on 4/22/12 at 10:47pm in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 7/29/15 at 1:07pm in Classic Menswear
- Bold suits - choosing the rest of the look Last post on 4/13/11 at 3:34pm in Classic Menswear
- Pls critique my 1st bespoke suit Last post on 8/12/11 at 9:08am in Classic Menswear
- Suit critique, please. (Bespoke Beijing) Last post on 4/25/11 at 3:44am in Classic Menswear
David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
Last edited: 7/26/15
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.Last edited: 7/9/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Australian Members - Page 1880
Styleforum Top Pickspost #28187 of 641013/14/13 at 5:42amQuote:
Well, if there ever were a time for introductions it would be now!
I saw a fair few of you lot down at the launch.
I'm Nathan, as seen in the shots just after Christian's.post #28188 of 641013/14/13 at 5:51ampost #28189 of 641013/14/13 at 7:17ampost #28190 of 641013/14/13 at 12:34pmQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
Photos are up on the blog with names left out to preserve anonymity for those who want it.
PS, I'm relieved that I may be dashing as well ...
Nice pics get!Quote:
Or the look at me wrong and ill cut your throat look hehehepost #28191 of 641013/14/13 at 2:56pmpost #28192 of 641013/14/13 at 3:19pm
Rob, thanks, man. I quite like the combination of the tatts and the refined look. I find the contrast very interesting to look at.
Jas, thanks for the kind words and you're looking well put together as usual. I'm expecting the Henry Carter trunk show to be a great night as well! That chocolate grenadine tie is beautiful.
I came in early this morning and it was cold, hence the cardigan. The beauty of thin layers is that you can always remove one as the weather heats up. The tie is the blue donegal reissue from Vanda. I'm really looking forward to the cooler weather to come.post #28193 of 641013/14/13 at 3:22pmWarning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Quote:Originally Posted by Spandexter
Today's gear. Second time not wearing a suit to work. Comments included 'What's going on here? Are you off to the Long Room (a bar in the CBD for the non Melbournians) or something?' and 'I don't think blue and grey go together'.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)Isaia
(no PS today)
I'm not 100% ok with the HY pants (brushed twill) simply because they are more textured than I was expecting and the jacket appears to have quite open quarters - what is the cause of this? The buttoning point? It doesn't seem that high when I look in the mirror but these photos seem to suggest otherwise.
What's wrong with textured odd trou and open quarters? I'll tell ya: nuttin! Although where is your pocket square young man--a splash of colour and a smooth texture in that pocket would have been a great happy ending.post #28194 of 641013/14/13 at 3:30pmpost #28195 of 641013/14/13 at 3:46pmQuote:Agree with your choice, pale blue shirt and dk brown suit will look good. A white + blue edge or plain white PS could take it from day to night if you're still worried about that.Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Gents can I get some quick opinions?
Going to an afternoon wedding tomorrow with an evening reception. I'm thinking of an Italian background look, and will be wearing dark brown suit and a royal blue grenadine tie. For the shirt, I can't decide between solid white or solid pale blue. Thoughts?
Drink a glass bottle of red for me ;-)post #28196 of 641013/14/13 at 3:58pmQuote:Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Folks I want to update you on the resolution to my DHL saga. I got this email today from Mr Porter
Please accept our apologies for your most recent experience with DHL. Your comments have been noted and we have been in contact with DHL to try to prevent this from occurring again in future.
We have looked into your tracking which indicates that you now have your order. Therefore if there is anything else we can assist with please do not hesitate to contact us.
In the meantime we have refunded the original shipping charge of 20 GBP back onto the credit card used to make the purchase. We hope this has not discouraged you from shopping with us again in future.
Now there's a company that understands service!
I once ordered a pair of driving shoes from Mr Porter and got the sizing wrong (it was really my fault). So I wrote in to them, asked them about the procedure for exchange in my case (sale item + my oversight) and if an exchange was possible, whether I should size down a full size.
Their response was this: Sounds like it would be better if we discussed your sizing issue over the phone. Please leave a contact number we can reach you at, and a time that is convenient for you (we know that there's a significant time difference between us). We will be happy to offer an exchange, at no charge, of course.Quote:Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
One of the better exports from my motherland. A long way to go before making up for those landmines.post #28197 of 641013/14/13 at 4:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by Henry Carter
Yeah nice pics Gezza!
New Grenadine in action today....
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
You're making a great case for me to come and spend some money!post #28198 of 641013/14/13 at 4:27pm
You guys seen the new suit supply outer wear? Light weight jackets for their spring but i reckon would be perfect for here
the only thing is they are expensive vs what it is!! $469 for a field coat:(post #28199 of 641013/14/13 at 4:56pm^^ The "Sydney" summer coat is probably the best value there, but I tend to find Zara (*gasp*) is pretty good for those type of jackets, and at more reasonable prices; quality is not too bad.
Also, the practicality of these types of coats is limited. They look the part (and that is important) but being so short you wouldn't want to be caught in anything worse than a light shower (especially if you're wearing suede CK-style loafers without socks and white chinos). In which case, I think you can reasonably get by with a regular sportscoat and a good umbrella, and a trench coat or raincoat for when it's really feral.
I guess what I'm saying is you're buying into the look more than buying an overly practical garment, not that there's anything wrong with that. I'd rather one of those than a Barbour (never really understood the mania they inspire in some ppl but maybe someone can explain it to me).post #28200 of 641013/14/13 at 5:07pmOn wedding attire and changing shirts, my sis in law gets married in 3 weeks and I'm planning on doing exactly what FXH suggested with shirt change, but taking it a step further, mainly because while it's a local wedding we are staying at a hotel and my wife is in the party, so I'll need to have 2 suits for the baby spew patrol.
At this stage, afternoon will see a mid grey POW, light blue shirt, navy bowtie, silk PS and brown shoes and night time will see a white shirt, charcoal suit, black grenadine, black captoe's and a white PS. I'll have a few hours at the hotel to chill, shower and change in-between ceremony and reception luckily.
- Australian Members
- What I learned from my own wedding day, and how it can help you.
- › French Tailoring Thread (e.g. Camps de Luca, Cifonelli, Smalto and... 30 seconds ago
- › Australian Members 57 seconds ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 1 minute ago
- › NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG... 5 minutes ago
- › The Quintessential Dress Shoe: Black Cap Toe Oxford 8 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 9 minutes ago
- › Introduce yourself. 12 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 18 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...